dcsimg

Austin's van, with custom shelving

This topic contains 24 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Nice van, I have a 2000 chevy. One thing I will do on my next one is the false floor. So I will skin the whole thing in ¼” ply walls and floor and box over the wheel wells then build a raised floor only about 3 to 3½” up so I can slide my tracks and levels and other long tools in there. Then I will build the walls out from there. That is a very nice present you got.

I like that idea. You would never really be standing up walking around in a van anyways, so it’s not like your loosing valuable headroom. Could also store some different long stock down there.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice van, I have a 2000 chevy. One thing I will do on my next one is the false floor. So I will skin the whole thing in ¼” ply walls and floor and box over the wheel wells then build a raised floor only about 3 to 3½” up so I can slide my tracks and levels and other long tools in there. Then I will build the walls out from there. That is a very nice present you got.

I like that idea. You would never really be standing up walking around in a van anyways, so it’s not like your loosing valuable headroom. Could also store some different long stock down there.

Here is a linky with the false floor idea and other van build out ideas.
    http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/07/15/van-racking/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Here is a linky with the false floor idea and other van build out ideas.
    http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/07/15/van-racking/

That’s pretty slick. Makes me wish I looked around a bit before jumping into building out my trailer.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s pretty slick. Makes me wish I looked around a bit before jumping into building out my trailer.

I wished I had seen that before I did what ever I did in my van. I just did a quicky job to my van..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I wished I had seen that before I did what ever I did in my van. I just did a quicky job to my van..

Doesn’t look all that bad. It’s what we call functional.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.425 seconds