dcsimg

Austin's spring/summer 2016 project.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 241 total)
  • Author

@Austin wow, great system, thanks for the update. And the last picture really gives us a better aspect of the size of that place, it’s huge.

Looks great

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Right on Austin, Please help me out with the clam nail?? I’ve never used one before. Hows it work?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

More pics of the clamp nail system

The last picture I was shaking it up and down.

That is pretty sturdy and awesome. I saw this on instagram and was pretty impressed. More work but i think it’ll be worth it.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks for the detail pics. The tool in the 4th pic, I assume is a special setting tool to drive the last little bit? Is it part of the system?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Clev08
    Pro

@Austin was the last picture taken before the glue dried? If so that’s impressive!

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

That clamp nail looks pretty good. I’ve never seen it before. I assume the nail pulls the material together somehow, hence the “clamp.”

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The last picture I was shaking it up and down.

Austin,
    Very nice, I too would like to see some more info on the clamp system.

ThanX

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Thanks for the detail pics. The tool in the 4th pic, I assume is a special setting tool to drive the last little bit? Is it part of the system

No special tool to set it I just use a nail set

@austin was the last picture taken before the glue dried? If so that’s impressive!

Yeah the picture was taken immediately after I put it together. The glue almost isn’t necessary.

That clamp nail looks pretty good. I’ve never seen it before. I assume the nail pulls the material together somehow, hence the “clamp.”

Yeah the end that goes in first flares out and brings it together. And since the fasnter is the clamp it always stays tight, that’s why I like it. Other systems that have a clamp you eventually have to remove it and then there is no pressure on the miter anymore.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin that clamp system is impressive for sure. Works great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

You should post a video of you using the system and explain exactly how it works, is it any more expensive than just nailing to miters? Longer time to install?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

You should post a video of you using the system and explain exactly how it works, is it any more expensive than just nailing to miters? Longer time to install?

I was thinking of taking a video, It probably takes a little longer than nailing them together but probably about the same amount of time if you are putting a biscuit or something like that in them. But then like I said you dont have to wait for it to dry it has immediate strength. And its very strong you don’t have to be delicate with it when carrying the frame to the door.

Got the rest of the kitchen set today

Here is a pic of the inside, it’s more walnut

The bottom ones have stainless steel shelves

The two cabinets next to the wolf stove are stainless and they have polished nickel drawer fronts coming

The kitchen is looking great. I like the look of the cabinets, the walnut/white combo really pops.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The kitchen is looking great. I like the look of the cabinets, the walnut/white combo really pops.

I agree a great color combo that really looks nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

The first of 5 self supporting shelves in the media closet.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Hers the pic I tried to post the other day. Site built closet cabinet.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Aside from the cabinets Dan built here is a little update tile guys were grouting the master bath floor today.

Clev08
    Pro

Aside from the cabinets Dan built here is a little update tile guys were grouting the master bath floor today.

Wow, they look really good, what kind of tile is going on the walls?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Calcutta gold, same thing on the floor.

woodman_412

Got the rest of the kitchen set today

Here is a pic of the inside, it’s more walnut

The bottom ones have stainless steel shelves

The two cabinets next to the wolf stove are stainless and they have polished nickel drawer fronts coming

Nice looking cabinets. I like the white and walnut contrast. Are those Blum tandem slides on the drawers?

Dan

danpattison.com

Love that tile. It’s great seeing all these pictures. That will be an awesome place when its all done.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.643 seconds