dcsimg

Austins modern project

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=MjA3NzE=

Sorry for all the posts. Trying to figure out photobucket.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Finished up the shou sugi ban today on the out side. The front entry really came together nice. We are all but done there. They are moving in this weekend so I will take pictures next week of everything finished.

I LOVE that entrance look!! How cool with the mix of wood and steel! Very nice stuff you get to do.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It came out looking super nice!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The front entry really came together nice.

Austin that looks super. Nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Finished up the shou sugi ban today on the out side. The front entry really came together nice. We are all but done there. They are moving in this weekend so I will take pictures next week of everything finished.

Looks great Austin. Home owners will love all the detain put into the reno.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I really like the blending of materials, awesome look.

Will

@Austin wow looks great, something out of a magazine, great choice of material and colors.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Isn’t shou sugi ban the method of charring wood? I would like to see a video on how you do that. The entrance sure looks cool.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Isn’t shou sugi ban the method of charring wood? I would like to see a video on how you do that. The entrance sure looks cool.

Yes it’s a little more than charring it, it’s actually quite a process. However we didn’t do it. The material was bought from a company called resawn timber co. I think it’s like 20 bucks a board foot

Stilla
    Pro

Looks great. Working around all that exposed steel must have been a pain.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

looks great, love the way it finished up.
    Now to my knowledge shou sugi ban is done with charing, to create additional hardness, I am assuming it is the back wall that is done like that?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yes the bluish Grey wall is all horizontal t&g blind nailed should sugi. It has some finish on it that was put on after the burning process. One thing that surprised me is that the fire rating of it goes up after its been charred.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Got a couple pictures of the back today

There was a bunch of the leftover siding that was up front and it all had to go in the mechanical room in the basement so we loaded up the 3’x10′ pieces on the top of my subaru and I did some off roading to get them down there. So much easier than carrying them. Got to love the subaru for hauling stuff @woodman_412

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Got a couple pictures of the back today

Very nice work Austin. Really like the design and the overall look of the house.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@Austin beautiful property, great work you guys have been doing,
    When do you hand it over to the owners.

woodman_412

Wow that’s a beautiful project Austin, great work! I really like the design of it and the materials and colours that you used. Love the use of the Impreza too 😀

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@austin beautiful property, great work you guys have been doing,
    When do you hand it over to the owners.

Most of their stuff is moved in we’re taking care of the punch list now. I think they are going to be sleeping here starting this weekend. Most likely our last day will be next Monday

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There was a bunch of the leftover siding that was up front and it all had to go in the mechanical room in the basement

Is that metal siding?? It looks good, we never use metal here I think it gets too hot and the condensation???

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Posted in wrong thread

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.430 seconds