dcsimg

Austins modern project

This topic contains 143 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • Author

I’ve heard the opposite about those nailers @austin . Any problems sinking nail heads or the balance . I look forward to reading your review in depth .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The 15 have has no problems sinking nails. It will do it all day long. 90% of the time I shoot 1 1/4″ nails with the 18ga. It’s a little less inconsistent shooting 2″ nails and setting them. If you shoot a lot of that size you may have some headaches with it. But 1 1 1/2″ is fine to. I had to play around with it a lot the first week xxi had it to get the depth adjusted just perfect. I found set all the way it would leave a double driver mark and it didn’t take much adjustment to have it not set. So it’s finicky that was but I was able to dial it in and now it sets just about every nail just below the surface with no double driver mark. I trimmed out an entire stained alder room using it and had no problems. Also having the safety nose positioned in an anti typical place means you almost have to retrain yourself a little. With a gun that has the nose on top of where the nail comes out if you tilt the gun forward it won’t set the nail well holding the gun a little forward with the Milwaukee it will set the nail every time. @skillman

The 15 have has no problems sinking nails. It will do it all day long. 90% of the time I shoot 1 1/4″ nails with the 18ga. It’s a little less inconsistent shooting 2″ nails and setting them. If you shoot a lot of that size you may have some headaches with it. But 1 1 1/2″ is fine to. I had to play around with it a lot the first week xxi had it to get the depth adjusted just perfect. I found set all the way it would leave a double driver mark and it didn’t take much adjustment to have it not set. So it’s finicky that was but I was able to dial it in and now it sets just about every nail just below the surface with no double driver mark. I trimmed out an entire stained alder room using it and had no problems. Also having the safety nose positioned in an anti typical place means you almost have to retrain yourself a little. With a gun that has the nose on top of where the nail comes out if you tilt the gun forward it won’t set the nail well holding the gun a little forward with the Milwaukee it will set the nail every time. @skillman

Thanks for the detailed response on the nailer .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We have done mdf with a poplar edge before. It is a nice balance of cost and quality. Certainly the birch is another step up. A lot of our closets are white melamine.

The popular edge is a nice touch. MDF is durable and cost effective especially for a closet few will see outside of the HO.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have done mdf with a poplar edge before. It is a nice balance of cost and quality. Certainly the birch is another step up. A lot of our closets are white melamine.

The melamine sounds like a nice idea. Isn’t the MDF stiffer than the ply?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I believe plywood is much stiffer in my opinion over the MDF material .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I believe plywood is much stiffer in my opinion over the MDF material .

Out here the MDF is stiffer and mills up nicer, that’s why they use it. It’s about the same price.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Isn’t the MDF stiffer than the ply?

I always thought it was.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Got the basement 95% done today. I will get more pictures next week. But got a couple of the closets done

Nice and clean looking @austin.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I need to update this thread better. The place is really taking shape. After we do a clean up tomorrow I will take more pictures. But here are a couple from today. I was installing the fur ceiling. I am building it in a few sections on the ground then putting it up

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Looks like that idea is going well. I’m sorry I had to miss out on doing it with you.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Picture up date

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Wow, what can I say? The Doug fir ceilings, the stone fireplace, suspended cabinets, what a great project to be a part of.

The black backing behind the ceiling boards is a really genius accent. Must be a royal pain to maintain spacing. What is the ceiling height there?

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Wow, what can I say? The Doug fir ceilings, the stone fireplace, suspended cabinets, what a great project to be a part of.

The black backing behind the ceiling boards is a really genius accent. Must be a royal pain to maintain spacing. What is the ceiling height there?

It’s definitely a cool project. That black backing is sound insulation and yes it makes it a royal pain to keep spacing and even harder to keep it all in plane. To keep it all in one plane actual two screws acted as adjustable shims behind the board at every rafter. There are thousands of screws behind the boards in the ceiling and each one had to be finely adjusted by hand. It has taken a while. Ceiling height is like 9 foot or so with a 9 degree pitch so it’s like 15 foot at the tall point.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The place is really taking shape, it looks great I love the interior design.

Dirty

Stilla
    Pro

I like that the tile is edged with the metal. I am finding this to be really common now a days, saves lots of money buying bull nose tiles, and some tiles don’t even have terminating tiles.. I like it even more at the transitions of tile to wood flush floors, that strip of metal just just adds a spark. You are doing a great job at that house. Are you find that ceiling lights have to be moved? I can’t believe how accurate they are placed, they are ether dead centered on the stock, or dead center of a seam.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Looks really nice @austin is the ceiling stained or painted it doesn’t open the picture lights look really nice you just need that led bulbs to really make it pop out. It’s nice all around

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Looks really nice @austin is the ceiling stained or painted it doesn’t open the picture lights look really nice you just need that led bulbs to really make it pop out. It’s nice all around

Neither stained nor painted. It’s Douglas fur with a clear on it and all the fixtures are already led fixtures.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Built a quilting table on site the last couple days out of left over house trim.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=MjA3NzA=

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.453 seconds