dcsimg

Austins modern project

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

So a couple weeks ago I got pulled off the high rise job to get another job caught up. Its a very modern style house. It has a bunch of exposed I beams and the trim is very simple but yet with lots of details. Ben working on trimming out all the windows. I will get pics of the out side tomorrow as it was pouring buckets today.

Theres a lot of work to be done from the looks of it. Will you be doing it alone? From your other work this will be extremly nice when your done. Good luck Austin.

Whats your time frame for this one?

Nice project your company is doing . Looks like a ton of spray foam was used on that job . How much ram board do you guys go throw . Your stocked up from that picture . Is that cedar wood outside on porch @Austin

Always willing to learn .

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

That porch overhang looks really great. Excited to see the exposed beam work. There’s a bunch of that around me, but I don’t get to see it too often. Looking forward to seeing more of this project.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Mid century modern. We did a remodel last year on one very similar. Lots of glass, vaulted ceilings everywhere, and a lot of t&g.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Theres a lot of work to be done from the looks of it. Will you be doing it alone? From your other work this will be extremly nice when your done. Good luck Austin.

Whats your time frame for this one?

The last 2 weeks I was alone. This week I got a guy to help. They were supposed to move I. In September but the job is about a month behind schedule.

Nice project your company is doing . Looks like a ton of spray foam was used on that job . How much ram board do you guys go throw . Your stocked up from that picture . Is that cedar wood outside on porch @austin

We go through a ton of ram board. We use it on about every project and our projects are normally a good size. That’s all duglas fur on the porch. The same thing continues on the ceiling on the inside the boards line up and everything

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like your in a nice one Austin. I like to get into a nice one like that. You’ve been doing some really nice work.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Man, you do get the high end jobs! Really good looking design and detail. That will be a pleasure to work on.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well it has a bunch of windows that need trimmed that’s for sure. Looking forward to following this along.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Well it has a bunch of windows that need trimmed that’s for sure. Looking forward to following this along.

Should finish trimming the windows today which is perfect doors should come tomorrow.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@dirtywhiteboy
    This is the jamb extention I was talking about. It gets the jamb flush with the wall for casing. Yeah you probably just call it something different.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy
    This is the jamb extention I was talking about. It gets the jamb flush with the wall for casing. Yeah you probably just call it something different.

That looks nice and I would call it a jam extension. It’s when I line the frame with wood or MDF and there’s a reveal left at the window I call it a window liner.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

That’s all duglas fur on the porch. The same thing continues on the ceiling on the inside the boards line up and everything

Wow that’s gonna look sweet. Awesome.

redwood
    Pro

Looks good Austin,

I also call them jamb extensions. We pretty much had to do them all the time unless the windows or doors were made with the correct jamb width. Most of the time they were not.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

It wasn’t raining today….. Finally. So I took some shots of the out side

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a beautiful spot! Do they have running water there or do they use a catchment system off the roof? The metal roofs are used here a lot for water catchment.

Wow that is a beautiful place to have a house! It would be a great spot to be working on creative projects because the inspiration would be everywhere from the scenery.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That’s a beautiful spot! Do they have running water there or do they use a catchment system off the roof? The metal roofs are used here a lot for water catchment.

no water catchment which is surprising because its a lead certified platinum house. They almost wer going to do that but decided it wasnt worth the extra cost and they could get enough points elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing this project. Really cool!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow this is pretty cool, you get to work on some really interesting projects.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.391 seconds