dcsimg

Attaching half rusted steel to new steel

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

but they can tell you what type and quantity of trees you must have on your land ,

Wow that’s going a bit too far.

Oh man Bill , I went through hell just trying to prove my point about the choice of tree’s and placement the other owners landscaping company did , but anyway I don’t want to derail Miamicuse thread. That being said , lots of cities have crazy bylaws

but they can tell you what type and quantity of trees you must have on your land

Probably from some dummies planting invasive species. We have problems here in Ontario with giant hog weed, purple loosestrife and other things that are now almost impossible to control and doing damage.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

but they can tell you what type and quantity of trees you must have on your land

Probably from some dummies planting invasive species. We have problems here in Ontario with giant hog weed, purple loosestrife and other things that are now almost impossible to control and doing damage.

Yup , some people don’t take the time to research or read up on the zone and type of trees for certain zones

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Talking about over regulation

You do realize that they all came about because some complaint landing on the desk of some petty functionary with a clip board….lol.

Yes of course, I also realized how some grandmother ordered steaming hot coffee on a drive through at McDonald’s then put the coffee between her thighs while driving, ending up spilling the coffee and burnt her thighs, sued McDonald’s and was awarded 3+ millions and prompted the “HOT CAUTION” labels on cups. But that doesn’t make it right, you really can’t regulate stupidity and ignorance.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

We have pet lovers importanted Burmese Pythons and when it got too big released them into the canals and end up with totally uncontrolled growth and even the alligators can’t hold them back.

However they have an invasive plant list. They can have a “DO NOT PLANT THESE” list instead of “ONLY PLANT THESE LIST”. Of course I know the reason is so an inspector is able to identify the species one eye closed. If you look at the invasive plant list there are hundreds. The accepted plant list is 18. I think the reason is very clear. They probably had a conversation like this:

CODE OFFICER 1: So I am supposed to identify this long list of plants, by common name and by scientific name?

CODE OFFICER 2: Yes, they should not plant anything on this list.

CODE OFFICER 3: What is Hong Kong Orchid? What does it look like?

CODE OFFICER 4: I have never seen Egyptian Figs, what does it look like?

CODE OFFICER 1: What plants do you recognize?

They went around and came up with a list of 18.

CODE OFFICER 6: Let’s make this the accepted list. Forget about the prohibited list.

CODE OFFICER 2: Best idea ever!

Doobie

They probably had a conversation like this:

And then they went off to terrorise the poor unsuspecting community adorning their bullet proof vests.

I’m actually not joking to some extent. All our by-law guys wear them here in my town just on the outskirt of Toronto. Seems a little nutty if you ask me, especially here in Canada.

And then they went off to terrorise the poor unsuspecting community adorning their bullet proof vests.

I’m actually not joking to some extent. All our by-law guys wear them here in my town just on the outskirt of Toronto. Seems a little nutty if you ask me, especially here in Canada.

What , really bullet proof vests , now that is strange

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

may be in areas where they have people hunting?

Doobie

What , really bullet proof vests , now that is strange

may be in areas where they have people hunting?

Nope. And it’s not like we live in a rough neighborhood or anywhere near one. They just like to intimidate wearing them I suppose. And I would think that would work to some extent.

Give you an interesting story. I was put in charge of dealing with organizing parking for a charitable event that took place essentially on a country farm. We had to get people to park in what was a mowed down farmers hay field. First year I did it, all these city folk would just go everywhere they pleased and ignore things like roping and pylons. I was doing no better than in years prior to me even though I was using more people for the job than in the past.

Second year I did it, I bought everybody $6 safety vests, and $4 Fox40 whistles and got more walkie-talkies issued all around than in previous years so that almost all the parking guys had one visibly on them. Made a huge difference in compliance, and nobody had to even blow a whistle once. No more rogue A-holes from the city coming to the polo match fundraiser and parking their Jags and Beemers wherever they felt like.

In fact we weren’t idiots about it either, we had a special area for Jags and Corvettes because their catalytic converters were so close to the ground, it risked starting a grass fire, so you really needed to deal with people, but without wearing the part, they’d just fluff you off.

Similarly, some years ago, a friend of ours said she was ready to quit volunteering to help deal with the Kiss & Ride in the morning at our kid’s elementary school. Parents would just do what they pleased and just took too much time. Told her to get a fluorescent safety jacket and a whistle and not to be shy to use the whistle. She had those soccer moms heading for the exits in no time after that. I had said to her, if that didn’t work, invest in a blow horn….Lol, but she didn’t have to. The vest and whistle were enough.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.336 seconds