dcsimg

Atlas Machinery GTA

This topic contains 29 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex WoodsConstruction 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I was just wondering if anyone in the Greater Toronto Area is planning to attend the Atlas Machinery Show that they are hosting today? They extended the invite on their instagram page. I will be dropping by to check it out and see what interesting things they are presenting. @smallerstick @yellad @utopia78

Profile photo of Peter
    smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I think I will pass, thanks for the heads up, though. I’m still deciding if I am going to Pickering for the show on April 2.

There is a crack in everything; that's how the light gets in.
    Leonard Cohen

Profile photo of Christopher
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I was just wondering if anyone in the Greater Toronto Area is planning to attend the Atlas Machinery Show that they are hosting today? They extended the invite on their instagram page. I will be dropping by to check it out and see what interesting things they are presenting. @smallerstick @yellad @utopia78

I would love to go to it today but am nursing a pulled hamstring.

A Working Pro since 2004

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It was interesting, loads and loads of instagrammers were there. You had a chance to win the chance to buy one of these Martinez tools hammers for 350 canadian. I guess they are that expensive as they are the only ones to exist in canada right now.

Profile photo of Greg
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Do you buy much from Atlas? How find there prices? I have heard of them. But I have never been there. Maybe someday go get them out. I might get get to the city once a year and we drive by a couple times a year.

Greg

Profile photo of Christopher
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It was interesting, loads and loads of instagrammers were there. You had a chance to win the chance to buy one of these Martinez tools hammers for 350 canadian. I guess they are that expensive as they are the only ones to exist in canada right now.

I’m going to have to go to the next one! Too many photos on IG of all the guys that showed up. Would have been really nice to shake their hands and say hello in person.

That’s it, next one you go to Aaron, I’m 100% in!

A Working Pro since 2004

Profile photo of Frank
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

It was a great meet and greet. @joecanning spearheaded the entire meet.

Walked away with a Festool grab bag with some little goodies.

Shirt, pack of 5 sheets of FT sandpaper, FT notepad and a small screwdriver bit set.

Also won a multi bit Stanley screwdriver from Dewalt Canada.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Profile photo of Alex
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That thing looks sweet! Is the entire head replaceable on it instead of just a replaceable head?

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Blocked
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did they have any type of competitions are big drawings at this big tool event

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Profile photo of Greg
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It was a great meet and greet. @joecanning spearheaded the entire meet.

Shirt, pack of 5 sheets of FT sandpaper, FT notepad and a small screwdriver bit set.

Looks like fun time. Plus the extra goodies.

Greg

Profile photo of Austin
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Jealous of that hammer, I want to get one eventually. Hopefully they will be producing more and they will be more readily available. Looks like it was a good turnout from all the instagram pics.

Profile photo of Kevin
    Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

What was the occasion for this event? I hadn’t heard of anything as I’m not on IG.

Do you buy much from Atlas? How find there prices?

I’ve bought a fair bit from them over the years, but have rarely had to go to their store. Everything online or over the phone.

Their prices are OK. They do carry unique quality brands on some stuff without gouging you generally. Some good sales or offers at times.

Kevin.

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Blocked
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Are there any pics of the big event?? Were there a lot of tool reps there with many booths set up??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

It was a great meet and greet. joecanning spearheaded the entire meet.

Congrats Frank. Sounds like you had fun at the event and received a bunch of goodies.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of Bill
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Frank sounds like you had a good time and walked away with some nice swag.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Profile photo of Alex
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Jealous of that hammer, I want to get one eventually. Hopefully they will be producing more and they will be more readily available. Looks like it was a good turnout from all the instagram pics.

I’m due to replace my TBI2, and I was planning on getting another but after seeing that I might hold off for it instead!

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I didn’t get very many photos of the place, they didn’t have anything really different up from what they regularly have on the floor.
    @doobie the person to ask is @joecaning he was the one who set up the whole instagram meet and greet. Atlas just happens to be the one hosting it. It was a great turn out, i’d probably see when the next one is.

@woodsconstruction I don’t know if it is the disc portion or the whole head. I didn’t look in depth in to it as I couldn’t justify a 350 dollar hammer.

Profile photo of Frank
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’m due to replace my TBI2, and I was planning on getting another but after seeing that I might hold off for it instead!

@woodsconstruction,
    Yes the complete head on the Martinez Hammers are replaceable.
    They have two models out, the one pictured and a wood handle model. The titanium hammer retails for $360CAD

The creator of the Martinez Hammer was the original creator of the Stileto Hammer.

Are there any pics of the big event?? Were there a lot of tool reps there with many booths set up??

@dirtywhiteboy
    No tents setup for this even as it was a day with snow/rain off and on.
    Tool rep included Dewalt, Milwaukee, Festool, Grex and a few other smaller co’s.
    Here are a few “stolen off Instagram.

This is one of my shots, the registration line up out the door.

— Glenn Botting

Profile photo of Frank
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@woodsconstruction,
    Here are a few pictures from Martinez Tool IG account
    My understanding is that he is working on various weighted heads that will be interchangeable with the handle you have.

— Glenn Botting

Profile photo of Brian
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Looked like a nice event,
    I have been seeing lots of pictures on Instagram also,
    But I haven’t seen many Bosch tools or pictures here ? Did Bosch have any set up? They must have a section in the store for Bosch tools and accessories

Nice swag Frank congrats

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.899 seconds