dcsimg

Are the Bosch vacs worth the cost?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 143 total)
  • Author

I do know the Bosch is quieter than any other shop vac I have (Craftsman, RIDGID, Hoover). To me that is worth the price.

Want to add to this list Fein turbo II https://flipboard.com/@maxgoodz/top-20-best-vacuum-under-200-review-2019-r3h271n5y Very quiet.
    It doesn’t pick up water; it has a water sensor probes low in the bucket.

Doobie

I know that we are not supposed to talk about deals and such, but I couldn’t help it, just received an email from CPO, they have the Bosch 14 gallon dust extractor on sale, and new, not refurbished anyone in the market, it’s a steel at the price they are selling it at.
    It’s the previous version, not the one with the hepa filter, but hepa ready.

Maybe that’s why they’re cheaper.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I do know the Bosch is quieter than any other shop vac I have (Craftsman, RIDGID, Hoover). To me that is worth the price.

Want to add to this list Fein turbo II https://flipboard.com/@maxgoodz/top-20-best-vacuum-under-200-review-2019-r3h271n5y Very quiet.
    It doesn’t pick up water; it has a water sensor probes low in the bucket.

That link went to a bunch of home style vacs??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I know that we are not supposed to talk about deals and such, but I couldn’t help it, just received an email from CPO, they have the Bosch 14 gallon dust extractor on sale, and new, not refurbished anyone in the market, it’s a steel at the price they are selling it at.

yah the hepa filter aint cheap but its for your health and looks better when you are working at a clients place.

Could be, how much does just that added hepa filter cost, hundred bucks?

Doobie

The standard is around $40 I saw up here. HEPA is $110 to $140 up here IIRC.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

hundred bucks?

A filter better not cost a hundred bucks!!!! #imacheapskate

Dirty

hundred bucks?

A filter better not cost a hundred bucks!!!! #imacheapskate

Lol, yeah I’m a cheapskate also

Hangman
    Pro

Your health and clients health aren’t worth a hundred bucks? Being HEPA ready is something one can charge extra for, dust solutions are a selling point. With the additional reusable fleece bag or any of the disposeable options the filter could last for years. Use some common sense here, every precaution makes a difference….unless you don’t want to live forever 🤣

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Hangman
    Pro

Your health and clients health aren’t worth a hundred bucks? Being HEPA ready is something one can charge extra for, dust solutions are a selling point. With the additional reusable fleece bag or any of the disposeable options the filter could last for years. Use some common sense here, every precaution makes a difference….unless you don’t want to live forever 🤣

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah thats about right, that is why i really like having the prefilter tub from oneida or which ever brand you get. It prevents a good 90 percent or so of the heavier particulates from hitting the filter.

Don’t worry, I’m just kidding around,
    I definitely would not put my health in jeopardy. I would like to see my daughter grow up 😉

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m not going to live forever like some anyways. Been doing this stuff for a long time and my health is fine.. No my clinets health isn’t worth a hoot to me.. because I don’t make them sick.

I would like to see my daughter grow up

I saw my kids grow up and was breathing fine the whole time.

Dirty

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Your health and clients health aren’t worth a hundred bucks? Being HEPA ready is something one can charge extra for, dust solutions are a selling point. With the additional reusable fleece bag or any of the disposeable options the filter could last for years. Use some common sense here, every precaution makes a difference….unless you don’t want to live forever

I’m not going to live forever like some anyways. Been doing this stuff for a long time and my health is fine.. No my clinets health isn’t worth a hoot to me.. because I don’t make them sick.

I would like to see my daughter grow up

I saw my kids grow up and was breathing fine the whole time.

That’s a tricky argument to make though – just because you haven’t experienced any symptoms yet (and hopefully never will!) doesn’t mean other people won’t. I know my grandma has been smoking multiple packs of cigarettes a day for the past 70 years and is still alive and kicking, but that can’t be the basis for my own decisions when scientists and analysts have surveyed hundreds of thousands of people and found that there is a definite link between smoking and cancer. Just because some people don’t get it doesn’t mean it’s a good choice or safe. Same is true with silica dust. Some people will never get sick. Everyone’s body is different. Do you really want to encourage other people to take that risk though? Especially if it’s only a small amount of extra effort overall…

Charlie

Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

all I can say is that its definitely worth the cost in my books. I rather clean as i go instead of at the end. saves me much more time

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Do you really want to encourage other people to take that risk though? Especially if it’s only a small amount of extra effort overall…

I don’t encourage other people to do anything, I just speak for myself.

Dirty

Doobie

yah thats about right, that is why i really like having the prefilter tub from oneida or which ever brand you get. It prevents a good 90 percent or so of the heavier particulates from hitting the filter.

Except for when collecting concrete in an open plastic bag inserted, I’m using the fleece bags. Don’t want those Oneida style cyclone things. Just more of a hassle to work with.

We’ve batted this discussion before Aaron. You’re an Oneida guy, I’m a bagger.

Hangman
    Pro

Bizarre to read some comments again here, effects from bad work habits are cumulative. Just because one feels currently healthy should be a basis for not using precautions. Certainly I don’t always enjoy wearing a respirator, though sometimes it’s imperative. Dust and fumes aren’t something to be cavalier about…and the comments that take I to account loved ones are golden.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We use our HEPA vacs quite a bit, they are expensive but do the job. I have the 13 gallon Bosch vac that is HEPA ready, It is still in the box. I did pick up the cordless heap vac for $119 a while back. It is so convenient, that that one gets the most use of any. no cords to drag around and very light. Most jobs we do not even take a corded vac any more.

with the RRP paws and the new silica standards, they are nothing to mess around with. We take the silica very seriously and have invested in a lot of the drill attachments and flow through bits for drilling concrete. As for the RRP, I just avoid those jobs, to much paperwork involved.

Hangman
    Pro

Understandable, typically I utilize the portable 18V vac as well. Mainly my 9gal vac is utilized in my work shop 90% of the time.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.392 seconds