dcsimg

Are the Bosch vacs worth the cost?

This topic contains 142 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

The Bosch 4100 table saw may be more robust than mine. The Skilsaw Worm Drive Portable Table Saw has a soft start which may make loads of difference. Must say it’s great model considering my space, the worm drive cuts through anything. Skil engineers took a lot of advice from Bosch since they are connected. The Skilsaw Table Saw also has a larger 25″ inch cut capacity than to equivalent Bosch model. Serious outside of it not being battery operated it’s amazing!

Not sure how connected they are anymore. Bosch sold Skilsaw to Chervon in 2016.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Hangman
    Pro

Seems Bosch & Chervon are actually partnered in numerous ways. Yes they were interested in having them take over the Worldwide markets back in August 2016. Still when I bought my Skilsaw Portable Table Saw I was able to register it via Bosch in September 2016 without any hassle.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

The Bosch 4100 table saw may be more robust than mine. The Skilsaw Worm Drive Portable Table Saw has a soft start which may make loads of difference. Must say it’s great model considering my space, the worm drive cuts through anything. Skil engineers took a lot of advice from Bosch since they are connected. The Skilsaw Table Saw also has a larger 25″ inch cut capacity than to equivalent Bosch model. Serious outside of it not being battery operated it’s amazing!

As a former GTS1031 owner, that sounds great. The 1031 started almost too aggressively – I like a soft start, and the limited capacity was annoying, but nothing a track saw couldn’t fix. The worm table saw seems to have fixed all of the minor irritations of the 1031. Hows dust capture?

Hangman
    Pro

The dust capture is good for the wormdrive, had to get a bosch adaptor to hook up the Airsweep. Seen that some people do overhead dust collection systems, probably every saw needs some tweaking.

Noise, the Ridgid I was using would whine over any saw I was using. It has great suction but very loud.

It is loud but then again so are the tools it is connected to…
    I have a 14 gal Rigid from Home Depot, about $99 https://cozzy.org/best-vacuum-for-stairs/ I added a muffler/diffuser and use the Dust Collection bags they sell along with the internal filter. The bags are really nice as they keep 90% of the fine dust out of the filter with minimum loss in suction.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a 14 gal Rigid from Home Depot,

The Ridgid vac can’t be beat for best value. I have a few of them and use them most of the time.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Hangman
    Pro

Well I have had a few Ridgid Vacs and they are a great value. For the messier and bigger jobs I’m never worried about ruining it, they take a bad beating. They are higher pitched which can be annoying at times, not a deal breaker. They can’t compete with my Bosch 9.Gal Vac it’s a completely different caliber and class. It’s for all my fine woodworking and attaches to all my Bosch tools with adapters. It has an auto filter and a reusable fleece bag that catch 99% of the dust…HEPA it’s good for your health and worth the cost.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have a 14 gal Rigid from Home Depot,

The Ridgid vac can’t be beat for best value. I have a few of them and use them most of the time.

I bought the ridgid 14gal vac as well years ago and it’s just great. you are right, can’t beat the price.
    noise level between the ridgid and the Bosch are definitely noticable.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I do know the Bosch is quieter than any other shop vac I have (Craftsman, RIDGID, Hoover). To me that is worth the price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Once I got my first high end vac 10 years ago, I never went back to my old Craftsman except for truly dirty jobs outside. I recently got my 1st Bosch vac and so far I like it except the annoying auto-clean function set up which I typically want disengaged and forget to do when using it. It is its major design fault in my opinion over my Festool vacs.

Hangman
    Pro

Believe mine has the Semi-Auto Filter feature, can be engage it as I choose. That function is great when used with cordless tools using the hose lever. Otherwise plugging in corded tools they tell the filter when to engage. Haven’t found a downside personally, I’ve never owned any Festool products.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hows dust capture?

The dust chute sucks,, it likes to get clogged a lot and has to be taken apart to clear out.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Believe mine has the Semi-Auto Filter feature, can be engage it as I choose. That function is great when used with cordless tools using the hose lever. Otherwise plugging in corded tools they tell the filter when to engage. Haven’t found a downside personally, I’ve never owned any Festool products.

Once I got my first high end vac 10 years ago, I never went back to my old Craftsman except for truly dirty jobs outside. I recently got my 1st Bosch vac and so far I like it except the annoying auto-clean function set up which I typically want disengaged and forget to do when using it. It is its major design fault in my opinion over my Festool vacs.

I agree with you on that Kevin, I’m loving the noise level difference between my old shop vac and the Bosch, but like you, I wish I had the option to turn the auto filter clean as I want,
    But I assume it’s designed that way, just to keep the filter clean when using the hepa filter for maximum health and dust benefits.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’m loving the noise level difference between my old shop vac and the Bosch

The noise level would be a win for me. I can’t stand the roaring of a shop vac. Is the main reason I don’t use one when I should. Even with hearing protection on I can’t stand it.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie

I agree with you on that Kevin, I’m loving the noise level difference between my old shop vac and the Bosch, but like you, I wish I had the option to turn the auto filter clean as I want,
    But I assume it’s designed that way, just to keep the filter clean when using the hepa filter for maximum health and dust benefits.

I think it’s the opposite and is designed that way for users not wanting to use bags or simply the open plastic for when doing concrete/silica work. With a paper or fleece bag you don’t really need to use the auto-clean.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I think it’s the opposite and is designed that way for users not wanting to use bags or simply the open plastic for when doing concrete/silica work. With a paper or fleece bag you don’t really need to use the auto-clean.

That makes sense, but I thought if you used a paper bag, using the auto-clean function, it can damage the paper bag, but it’s okay with that fleece bags.

Either way, I’m very happy with it, but I personally would have liked the option, I should have redeemed years ago when they offered both models here 🙁
    None the less, still love using that dust extractor,
    I think I’ll order some fleece bags soon.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The noise level would be a win for me. I can’t stand the roaring of a shop vac. Is the main reason I don’t use one when I should. Even with hearing protection on I can’t stand it.

yah I tend to have that issue as well, I do find it slightly quieter with the bosch, I do find I use the bosch more so than my ridgid since i’ve got it. However i do wish I went with the larger one with automatic

Doobie

yah I tend to have that issue as well, I do find it slightly quieter with the bosch, I do find I use the bosch more so than my ridgid since i’ve got it. However i do wish I went with the larger one with automatic

For what reasons @r-ice? What is about the semi you don’t like?

Doobie

For what reasons @r-ice? What is about the semi you don’t like?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I know that we are not supposed to talk about deals and such, but I couldn’t help it, just received an email from CPO, they have the Bosch 14 gallon dust extractor on sale, and new, not refurbished anyone in the market, it’s a steel at the price they are selling it at.
    It’s the previous version, not the one with the hepa filter, but hepa ready.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.623 seconds