dcsimg

Are incandescent light bulbs going away?

This topic contains 55 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  CB 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Author

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

From what I have found , the soft white has yellow on the package. The bright white have a blue package.

From what I have found , the soft white has yellow on the package. The bright white have a blue package.

Cool, I did not know that, now I am going to have to look and verify.

Will

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

That’s good to know. Thanks

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh OK I’ll have to start looking for that at the store. Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Is that an industry wide color coding system, or is that just one brand’s perhaps?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Is that an industry wide color coding system, or is that just one brand’s perhaps?

Hopefully industry wide. Nice to know.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was in HD a few years ago and saw people with shopping carts full of light bulbs.
    I asked an older gentleman about his cart and he said the U.S. wasn’t importing incandescent bulbs anymore.
    I’m not sure if it’s true, but I haven’t been using them for years so I never look for them.

I'm the only person I ever hit in the head with a hammer.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I was in HD a few years ago and saw people with shopping carts full of light bulbs.
    I asked an older gentleman about his cart and he said the U.S. wasn’t importing incandescent bulbs anymore.
    I’m not sure if it’s true, but I haven’t been using them for years so I never look for them.

That’s what I heard. So what bulbs are out there that’s it or when the warehouses are empty then LED. Lights.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

That’s what I heard. So what bulbs are out there that’s it or when the warehouses are empty then LED. Lights.

I still have some older T-8’s in my shop, but the rest of the house is LED. With our power rates here, there’s not much choice. Incandescent, halogen, xenon, CFL have all gone the way of the dodo.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

Easy enough to buy rough service incandescent bulbs. I have enough to last me a lifetime. But I prefer LEDs anyways. No more caring whether I leave the lights on all night

They want a fortune for LED’s here in Canada. I put T8’s in my shop. Colour is defined as a temperature (in degrees Kelvin). The lower temps (3500 or so) will be your more yellowish warm white and the higher (5000+) will be cooler, or bluer. I put 6500K tubes in my shop, which are really cold, blue, natural daylight bulbs. Great for seeing things with, but I do have to do a colour correction in my videos (I have a setting saved on my camera just for the shop). I have lots of bulbs but when I do change I will probably drop down to a 5000 to 5500 which is probably closer to natural daylight.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

CFL have all gone the way of the dodo.

CFLs really dropped off the map with the advent of LEDs. I prefer the LEDs over the CFLs.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

CFLs really dropped off the map with the advent of LEDs. I prefer the LEDs over the CFLs.

Them being HazMat didnt help any. Hated cleaning up a broken one – and they break easily.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

pretty much every light in my house has been converted to leds, i can’t see any advantages in using cfls anymore.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

i can’t see any advantages in using cfls anymore.

Even the instant on ones take a while until they are at full brightness.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i can’t see any advantages in using cfls anymore.

Even the instant on ones take a while until they are at full brightness.

Even outside the house most of my lights are leds, i just have a few i haven’t converted over yet. I might just not convert them , leave them as is and pick up one of those 3 light stands and install that in the front yard, giving massive night time coverage.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

As time goes by and my cfls burn out i am replacing with LED. Same in the shop fluorescents being replaced with LED.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

As time goes by and my cfls burn out i am replacing with LED. Same in the shop fluorescents being replaced with LED.

I have enough T8 spares that it will be a long time before I go LED in the shop but everywhere else is LED except the garage door opener – LED interferes with the remote for some reason

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have enough T8 spares that it will be a long time before I go LED in the shop but everywhere else is LED except the garage door opener – LED interferes with the remote for some reason

the led light, is it an early bulb or one that has been out on the market for a while. I know the early led bulbs were fussy so to speak and would give my camera weird lines when i took a photo.

They will phase out.
    LED are hit and miss though. I have had lots of problems with LED lights.
    SOme that are dimable do not dim all the way down some do.
    I have had plenty of flckering crap quality LED lights, from typical bulbs to recessed can lights.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.531 seconds