dcsimg

Appreciation of good hand tools

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kswiss 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

So I’ve been traveling on the other side of the planet, and can’t bring my tools obviously. I managed to bring my Wera screwdriver and a bit kit with me, and promptly put them to good use.

I had to do quite a few repairs, mostly pulled out screws from particle boards. To avoid further blown outs, I had to drill pilot holes for screws. I’ll have to say, I’ve never appreciated power drills more after drilling many holes with a screwdriver.

I’ve always thought the handle on Wera is strange, but the more I use it the more I find how much thought went into it. For example, the tapered tail was perfect to pinch with two finger reaching a difficult position and push at the same time so bit doesn’t cam out. It wouldn’t be possible with a barrel shaped handle, the screwdriver would fly out the window quickly along with much cursing. The bayonet was quite helpful too, retracted it would fit into places only a stubby would do, and extended it works just like a regular driver.

Can’t wait to get back to my power tools though. 😀

Attachments:

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve always thought the handle on Wera is strange, but the more I use it the more I find how much thought went into it.

There is more than goes into design than just good looks or color. Only by really using the tool can you find all the little touches that went to it. Really like that hand powered drill.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I love the wera handles, the chunky style gives you a really good grip.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.189 seconds