dcsimg

Anyone into cars?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 659 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Had a guy show up at the Ford place with this really cool model T today. This thing looked great and sounded even better.

@RonW
    That is one nice looking RPU.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Had a guy show up at the Ford place with this really cool model T today. This thing looked great and sounded even better.

Nice street rod. Thank you for posting Ron.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I liked that he actually drives it. You see a lot of cars like that that just sit in a garage.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Here’s my ride . A work in progress . My dads 1977 ford bronco . It has 54,000 right miles , original paint , very little rust . In great shape considering X brother in law rode hard an put up wet .
    After 37 years just needs lots of parts an attention . Starting with a new wiring harness an much more .
    Should have it together in a few months .

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . .

dod
    Pro
    Dayton, OH

Here’s my project. It’s a 1968 Porsche 912 Targa. It’s the same body as the 911, but got the 4 cylinder engine from the old 356.

It needs quite a bit of sheet metal work done to underside to repair rusted floor and suspension pan.

-Daniel

Attachments:
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

This was my dad’s 12 year project before he passed. I cleaned it up yesterday and took it for a ride. It’s lowered and has a v8 in it.
    I barely made it back home. It ran fine until it got warm. The temp never went over 190 but it acted like it was starving for fuel. Checked the fuel filter and that was good. could a fuel pump act this way?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

This was my dad’s 12 year project before he passed. I cleaned it up yesterday and took it for a ride. It’s lowered and has a v8 in it.
    I barely made it back home. It ran fine until it got warm. The temp never went over 190 but it acted like it was starving for fuel. Checked the fuel filter and that was good. could a fuel pump act this way?

@roninohio
    Older (carbed), Newer (Injected) V8? Starving for fuel, is the fuel line close to any real heat source?
    As for heating up, check for any air trapped in the cooling system.

— Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Dad put a new edelbrock 4 bl carburetor on it. When I started it I had to prime it several times and it would quit right away. It has a inline fuel filter and I took it out and checked to make sure it was clean. Then I cranked the motor with the fuel line in a jar and it pumped all kinds of fuel. I put it back together and it fired right up and ran great till it got warm. The warmer it got the worse things got!
    I believe the motor is a 305 out of a Camaro. The line runs up the front of the motor and sorta goes by the front of the exhaust manifold.

dod
    Pro
    Dayton, OH

This was my dream truck when I was in high school.

-Daniel

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

@dod I plan on selling this truck soon if your interested.
    Its not perfect by any means but a nice truck. I have been trying to figure out what its worth.

Could be vapor lock. This is where the fuel in the lines get hot enough to vaporize. When it gets hot and dies, try opening the throttle and see if it’s squirting gas into the carb from the accelerator pump. If there is no gas squirting into the carb then it’s probably vapor lock.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Thanks @MaukaRunner I will try that. I think that could very well be the problem because it ran so nice till things warmed up. Another thing I noticed is that it looked as though a lot of black soot was on the inside of the carb. So maybe I should just move the fuel line?
    When It died I had to really pump the gas pedal a lot of times before it would restart.

dod
    Pro
    Dayton, OH

@dod I plan on selling this truck soon if your interested.
    Its not perfect by any means but a nice truck. I have been trying to figure out what its worth.

Thanks, but I’ve pretty well got my hands (and money) tied up in my current projects.

-Daniel

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@roninohio,
    Is there a T-stat?
    Check to see if it is operating properly. Sounds like the fuel line is run through the normal spot.
    Also, going down to a 180* T-Stat might help.

— Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

As far as I could tell the motor wasn’t overheating at all. It has a actual gauge That I was keeping a eye on.

Thanks @MaukaRunner I will try that. I think that could very well be the problem because it ran so nice till things warmed up. Another thing I noticed is that it looked as though a lot of black soot was on the inside of the carb. So maybe I should just move the fuel line?
    When It died I had to really pump the gas pedal a lot of times before it would restart.

Try checking where the fuel line was run. If it’s close to the exhaust manifold or another hot area that may be the problem. Maybe a pic of the fuel line.

If the carb was black on the inside, from my experience, it could be from a backfire or maybe many backfires. If the truck hasn’t been run for a while I would take the carb apart and check it out.

Too bad you can’t keep the truck, in memory of your dad.

Let us know how things go with this.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I would keep the truck but I have no need for it and it will just take up garage space. I bought his other truck so I still have that.
    It is a 2000 Silverado and it had 37000 miles on it. I think I have 42000 on it now.
    The memories will always be with me .
    I will try moving the gas line this weekend and see what that does.
    I read another thing that the tank vent could be clogged. I’m wondering if I loosen the gas cap would vent it and see if that could be it.
    I’m half afraid to take it on the road very far now but how else do you see if its fixed?

I would keep the truck but I have no need for it and it will just take up garage space. I bought his other truck so I still have that.
    It is a 2000 Silverado and it had 37000 miles on it. I think I have 42000 on it now.
    The memories will always be with me .
    I will try moving the gas line this weekend and see what that does.
    I read another thing that the tank vent could be clogged. I’m wondering if I loosen the gas cap would vent it and see if that could be it.
    I’m half afraid to take it on the road very far now but how else do you see if its fixed?

I’ve had the tank vent clog on one of my older Camaro’s. Symptom was different for me. The car wouldn’t start due to the gas not getting to the fuel pump. Hope you can get it fixed. Hope the future buyer would appreciate the work your dad and you put into the truck.

<P>Here’s my ride . A work in progress . My dads 1977 ford bronco . It has 54,000 right miles , original paint , very little rust . In great shape considering X brother in law rode hard an put up wet .<BR>After 37 years just needs lots of parts an attention . Starting with a new wiring harness an much more .<BR>Should have it together in a few months .</P>

Man thats a nice ride, I always like the look of the older squared Broncos.

@roninohio
    thats a nice truck , v8 thats sweet. it looks well kept, like the bed with the wood.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

@Boschmanbrian Thanks for the compliment. I forgot to take a picture of the motor. I will take one and post it. The wood bed is removable and solid 3/4 oak I had leftover from a job.
    Anyone have some idea of what it should sell for?

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 659 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.383 seconds