dcsimg

Anyone into cars?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 659 total)
  • Author

I know there are many of you who are into cars and trucks.

Post what you got.

Here’s my Camaro SS

and my Silverado

Nice rides. Looks like Five-O to me. 🙂

Nice rides. Looks like Five-O to me. :)

HAHA, I get that a lot.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Anything done to the truck, performance-wise?

Resident Sign Guy

Moze
    Dallas, TX

My wife and I both like vehicles, but have settled down the last few years and have tried to just be content with what we have.

A few from over the years….

Resident Sign Guy

Anything done to the truck, performance-wise?

No, it came with a just a flowmaster. Stock otherwise.

It was really rough when I got it. I’m chasing a check engine light for lean bank on both sides.

I didn’t care how rough it was since it’s a factory 5 speed truck. Just a stock 4.8 with the flowmaster. I got a Core/Hurst shifter for it.

We lost our drag strip about 10 years ago and we have a strict reconstruction law so a lot of people stopped building radical street cars. I have my speed thrills with the SS and my stick shift thrills with the truck.

What setup did you do with yours? 11 second 1/4 mile times aren’t anything to sneeze at.

How come you sold it?

I sold my Ironman Stewart edition Tundra to get the Silverado.

Here’s what I had.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

The lean bank sensors are likely your knock sensors. They’re prone to get wet, especially if you wash your engine.

It was just time to part with the truck. Had to focus on other stuff. I went through three built transmissions in two months and finally went with a TH400 and it held like a champ. But had to redirect my focus on more important things.

Set up was a built 6.0, 82mm turbo, 25 shot of nitrous, TH400 trans, etc.

Resident Sign Guy

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Man I just posted and it didn’t show up.

Starting again. I checked the sensors and they looked nice. Harness looked nice too. Did a quick visual on the composite intake manifold and didn’t find anything but didn’t check if the mating surfaces were straight.

Put a Felpro intake gasket set and bought new intake bolts.

Bought a nice digital torque wrench and still threw the CEL again. Going to tear it apart again one day to check if the intake is cracked or the mating surfaces are warped.

Any pics of the engine?

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Hope you get it figured out – chasing CEL’s isn’t fun!

Posted a pic of the engine, above.

Resident Sign Guy

Sweet! Were you steady on the Performance Truck forums?

I swear I’ve seen that painted ‘Vette overflow tank somewhere before.

You’ve gone through a lot of nice rides! I’m a fan of TBSS. Wouldn’t mind one as a daily driver but my 4 cylinder 4Runner gets 22 mpg and it’s good for now.

Man, forgot you’re from Texas. Lots of fast cars and truck from your state.

Nothing like that here. Performance wise we’re dead. Our 1/4 mile track closed about 10 years ago and we haven’t had one since. We have the largest population of all the islands but every other major island has a drag strip.

We also have a strict reconstruction law and they go over our cars with a fine tooth comb when it comes to mods. No pro street cars allowed on our island but they are okay on the others.

There are some underground street races here but I don’t want to get involved in that. Too old already.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Sweet! Were you steady on the Performance Truck forums?

I swear I’ve seen that painted ‘Vette overflow tank somewhere before.

You’ve gone through a lot of nice rides! I’m a fan of TBSS. Wouldn’t mind one as a daily driver but my 4 cylinder 4Runner gets 22 mpg and it’s good for now.

Man, forgot you’re from Texas. Lots of fast cars and truck from your state.

Nothing like that here. Performance wise we’re dead. Our 1/4 mile track closed about 10 years ago and we haven’t had one since. We have the largest population of all the islands but every other major island has a drag strip.

We also have a strict reconstruction law and they go over our cars with a fine tooth comb when it comes to mods. No pro street cars allowed on our island but they are okay on the others.

There are some underground street races here but I don’t want to get involved in that. Too old already.

Yeah, I was on LS1truck and PerformanceTrucks a bunch.

That’s actually just a second stock overflow tank. It was converted for the methanol setup.

We loved the TBSS’s! They’re just fun rides man. They were both my wife’s. The silver one had a nice pink powder coated nitrous bottle in it. 🙂

Resident Sign Guy

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Wow some nice rides here

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I know there are many of you who are into cars and trucks.

Post what you got.

Here’s my Camaro SS

and my Silverado

Nice cars! I will take some pictures of mine. I don’t have anything as nice as those, but I have a couple. I just have to wait for the snow to melt so I can take the car cover off.

My daily driver

Sweet rides everyone! I have a place for Mopars since I grew up with them. Wanted a ‘Cuda in high school and was trying to line one up to buy but my dad didn’t want me to get it. But he let me get a Camaro so that’s where I grew to like Chevys and now I’m hooked on them.

But my daily drivers are Toyota’s. Cannot beat the reliability and the resale value of the vehicles. Sold my 2002 Tundra last year and got a really good money for it since it had low miles and was in really nice shape.

Keep posting everyone. Love seeing everyone’s rides.

Anonymous
    Inactive

IMG_0122b.jpg

Oh man, She’s a pretty doughnut eater.

For giggles; These aren’t anything special like yous guys but I thought I’d show em anyway, Here’s two of the rigs I had way back in High School. Also had a 54 Pick-up but sadly no pics of it, The quality is really bad as they are 41 years old LOL. Then a pic of my last bike

Notice the 2×4 frame work in the back of the pickup LOL, Yep even back then I was into building stuff. That was the beginning of a camper 🙂

IMG_0122b.jpg

Oh man, She’s a pretty doughnut eater.

For giggles; These aren’t anything special like yous guys but I thought I’d show em anyway, Here’s two of the rigs I had way back in High School. Also had a 54 Pick-up but sadly no pics of it, The quality is really bad as they are 41 years old LOL. Then a pic of my last bike

Notice the 2×4 frame work in the back of the pickup LOL, Yep even back then I was into building stuff. That was the beginning of a camper :)

Nice rides Boyd! I was always a Duster fan. The closest we had was a Scamp. It had no respect like the Duster had since it only had a 318 but my brother slapped on a posi rear and we had fun with it. Too bad we don’t have it anymore, that would have been a real sleeper with a high horsepower engine in it.

Wow nice rides people, I was going to post a picture of my ride , but I dont want to have a whole bunch of jelous people out their , so no picture , but I will tell you its a sweet ride lol
    2010 MAZDA 5 WHITE WITH A PINK CHILD SEAT LOL, well it`s actually my wifes , I let her drive my car , safer for her, and since it has been a while I am not in the renos any more. for now, but I am a truck guy.
    looking at the GMC sierra , or even the new Canyon , Ram or depends what Ford wants.

Sorry for the mess up, darn muppet thumbs of mine 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 659 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.453 seconds