dcsimg

Anyone ever work with bamboo lumber?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I just saw Bamboo plywood for the first time in a suppliers monthly specials 3/4″ 4 x 8 – $199 a sheet

I just saw Bamboo plywood for the first time in a suppliers monthly specials 3/4″ 4 x 8 – $199 a sheet

I think I pass on that price and material . Just seems like you could get a better wood material then bamboo for the price .

Always willing to learn .

I installed bamboo quarter round to finish off the floor around some rooms a few years ago. At first I tried to use a finish nailer, but it split the bamboo pieces. I predrilled each hole before setting a nail by hand. Cutting it on the saw made really bad tearout on the backside. Definitely had to use backer scrap boards to prevent it from splintering completely. Was a pain in the butt, but worked if you did stuff carefully.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Bamboo is big with the rich peoples over here. We have specially places that sell it. They like the bamboo mats for the walls and even the ceilings .

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bamboo is big with the rich peoples over here. We have specially places that sell it. They like the bamboo mats for the walls and even the ceilings .

Is that a tough install? Do the mats come premade?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hi @aa_custom your every do the job with bamboo shelving .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

@skillman

No way. gave him some numbers and heard nothing but silence. Didn’t expect he would go for it anyways.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is that a tough install? Do the mats come premade?

Yes they are premade 4×8 woven mats.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

@skillman

No way. gave him some numbers and heard nothing but silence. Didn’t expect he would go for it anyways.

Don’t you love the those types of customers . A lot of leg work for nothing .

@skillman

It isn’t always for nothing. It is frustrating, but any learning can be applied to future projects when someone asks for something similar.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

@skillman

Yeah, it come with the territory though. Luckily this just involved a couple phone calls. If it’s gonna be a bunch of leg work on my end I’ll charge a few hundred bucks for a proposal. This either weeds out the wushu washy folks, or makes it worth my time if they don’t want to move forward.

@skillman

Yeah, it come with the territory though. Luckily this just involved a couple phone calls. If it’s gonna be a bunch of leg work on my end I’ll charge a few hundred bucks for a proposal. This either weeds out the wushu washy folks, or makes it worth my time if they don’t want to move forward.

Smart move on chargeing for some of the proposal’s .

@skillman

It isn’t always for nothing. It is frustrating, but any learning can be applied to future projects when someone asks for something similar.

That’s true it is always a learning experience either way .

Jummul
    Pro

We have bamboo plywood tables at work, wood (pun intended) love to get my hands on those..

edit: on the plywood i mean, not the tables (:

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.605 seconds