dcsimg

Anybody having to deal with the Simpson strong tie DTT2 brackets?

This topic contains 63 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  theamcguy 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw this holdback by USP at the International Builders Show last week. It takes the DTT1 and improves it for situations where the joist do not li e up with the sill plates. It is adjustable so ut can be used with a variace of about 4 to 5″ between the bottom of the deck joist and the sill plate. It is not I their catalog yet. The hanger is called an ADTT-TZ

@tarac. Did you ever get the Simpson DTT1 approved

What does this one do?? Keep the joist from pulling off the building??

Yes, that is basically it. The 2012 ICC requires 2 – 1500# holdbacks on a deck. This one and the Simpson DTT1 require 4 clips th meet the code. The advantage of this clip over the Simpson is that it is adjustable. In many cases the DTT1 cannot be used because it must fasten into the sill plate or double plate of the wall. in that case you need to use the DTT2 which requires opening up a basement ceiling and rods going through the envelope of the house. they can cause leaks and frost buildup inside the house. A much improvement over Simpson’s product.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw this article on the Mitek Adjustable tension tie for decks. It is a good review of the new Mitek product. I saw this at the International Builders Show last January. while it may not be real attractive it solves a problem of having to add blocking to make the Simpson versions work.

http://www.aconcordcarpenter.com/mitek-adjustable-deck-tension-tie-adtt-tz.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FLbxL+%28A+Concord+Carpenter+Comments%29

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

This is the best example of a USP version that I have seen showing install. It can slide up or down to hit the wall plates properly.

http://mydigimag.rrd.com/publication/frame.php?i=340035&p=4&pn=&ver=html5

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kurt Thank you for the link to the magazine. Nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.982 seconds