dcsimg

Anybody having to deal with the Simpson strong tie DTT2 brackets?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think she was in southern Ohio, Cincinnati area, I believe. Chad and the others are more northern Ohio, Cleveland Akron area I think they are 4+ hours apart.

Cincinnati is about a 4.5 hour drive for me.

Thank you to everyone in this thread for your concern and kind words. I appreciate it more than know. There was a small issue with someone being rude……I have forgave you. Don’t do that again. Now, I’m back here to learn, yap, admire others work, and maybe get somewhere with mine. So, let’s move forward.

Glad to see you back @TaraC!

@ChadM
    ..Thank you sir!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Thank you to everyone in this thread for your concern and kind words. I appreciate it more than know. There was a small issue with someone being rude……I have forgave you. Don’t do that again. Now, I’m back here to learn, yap, admire others work, and maybe get somewhere with mine. So, let’s move forward.

@TaraC,
    Shame it had to come to that, Glad you came back. The work you and your husband do is awesome and will be more than glad to continue to read your posts.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@Anonymous :) Because of this thread, I noticed today that we use Simpson Strong Tie jacks for bracing the masonry when we have to remove masonry courses/lintels at work. I’ll grab a picture and post tomorrow, just thought it was interesting. Thanks BTP

@utopia78 would still like to see that pic! When we have a home with a brick or stone facade on the foundation, we have to remove the brick or stone section to thread the rod in, and then put back as cute as we can.

No problem! I’ll upload some stills from some video last week of the Simpson jacks we use on Sunday. Also, welcome back!

A Working Pro since 2004

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Welcome back. You surprised everyone when you just disappeared.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@58Chev…thank you and all is well now. Appreciate that.

Utopia78..thank you! Looking forward to seeing them.

@Sprokitz
    …thank you. Felt odd, but it’s all good. Nice to be back.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@tarac welcome back! glad to have you on board again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@kurt@welkerhomes.com Thank you, and appreciate it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@TaraC I’m glad to see your back too.
    Very nice profile pic you have up there. Is it a screened in room?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@tarac were you ever able to get things worked out to use the DTT1 brackets with your plan reviewer?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dirtywhiteboy….thank you..yes that’s one we finished this past summer

Anonymous
    Inactive

well…..had a video of it but my techie computer genius skills are lacking this morning.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@kurt@welkerhomes.com I’m actually #2 on the agenda for November’s building department meeting. Thanks to you, EthanB, and everyone else in this thread that gave me advice and feedback…I gave a nice formal submission pertaining to the building code that this county sets for themselves, and they are willing to take into consideration. Thank you again.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@TaraC Sorry about not posting the pics yet. I’ll go through the GroPro and grab some stills tonght. We use the jacks with 2×4’s along the top to support the masonry. We do have to remove them as we go along and install lintels and masonry.

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

@TaraC Sorry about not posting the pics yet. I’ll go through the GroPro and grab some stills tonght. We use the jacks with 2×4’s along the top to support the masonry. We do have to remove them as we go along and install lintels and masonry.

@Utopia78
    …thank you! Yes, would love to see those and how you do it.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@TaraC This was one of stills I was able to take from a video. I was working on a section of lintel doing Bluekin TWF and the jacks were removed. So, if you look to the left, they are the Simpson Strong-Tie Adjustable Elevated Post Base. They are height adjustable with a nut near the top. We removed the Soldier course and installed jacks as support along the way.We also had the header course as support. We use 2×4 on the top of the jacks and jack them up but not to tight to breaks any masonry bonds.

Was hard to find any info at first on google but was able to find this picture also. Only difference would be the 2×4 would fit in a channel on the top.

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Was hard to find any info at first on google but was able to find this picture also. Only difference would be the 2×4 would fit in a channel on the top.

So it’s temporary shoring. I’d think they want more than a 2×4 for more strength.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

So it’s temporary shoring. I’d think they want more than a 2×4 for more strength.

Actually every company I’ve been with uses 2×4 and/or jacks to brace masonry courses. It’s very common. Don’t forget you normally only have 4-5 courses to brace until a header row, and those courses generally don’t move due to wall ties.

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

@utopia78 thank you Chris for the photos, and explaining things for me. What you do is certainly more advanced than anything I will ever do, but it’s good to learn and see…thank you for taking the time to do this.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw this holdback by USP at the International Builders Show last week. It takes the DTT1 and improves it for situations where the joist do not li e up with the sill plates. It is adjustable so ut can be used with a variace of about 4 to 5″ between the bottom of the deck joist and the sill plate. It is not I their catalog yet. The hanger is called an ADTT-TZ

@tarac. Did you ever get the Simpson DTT1 approved

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I saw this holdback by USP at the International Builders Show last week. It takes the DTT1 and improves it for situations where the joist do not li e up with the sill plates. It is adjustable so ut can be used with a variace of about 4 to 5″ between the bottom of the deck joist and the sill plate. It is not I their catalog yet. The hanger is called an ADTT-TZ

@tarac. Did you ever get the Simpson DTT1 approved

What does this one do?? Keep the joist from pulling off the building??

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.333 seconds