dcsimg

Anybody has a Bosch Go screwdriver?

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah it has potential, but needs a lot of polishing, guess Bosch knows too since it’s not released in NA.

Could be the reason. For me it is great as i use it on specialty stuff only. The best thing it is good for is electrical box work and light duty assembly work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Could be the reason. For me it is great as i use it on specialty stuff only. The best thing it is good for is electrical box work and light duty assembly work.

For full disclosure I should state that I’ve been spoiled by Makita DF010, probably the best electric screwdriver on the market. 😀

For full disclosure I should state that I’ve been spoiled by Makita DF010, probably the best electric screwdriver on the market. 😀

Not to derail or change topic but we used to use the old Milwaukee 2.4 volt screwdrivers these were great small and great for little assembly work on aircraft linings.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yeah I guess electric screwdriver is a quite specialized tool, you have either the regular non-tool folks who don’t want to buy a real tool, or the limited number of heavy users whose need is better served by one over a drill driver. Of course without consumer demand it doesn’t see as much development.

Doobie

I have two decommisioned Metabo PowerMaxx drivers that I could argue otherwise. The only reason I have stopped using them is because of heir NiCad batteries finally being toast. I haven’t tossed them yet and may just try to rescue them with new batteries or rebuilding mine.

EDIT: I just found a place online here in Canada that offered them and ordered 2 replacement batteries. It’ll be nice to use these two little drivers again. The bigger one is extremely well built and can sink 3 inch screws into spf framing without struggling albeit on its slow speed.

Here’s a stock image of the bigger driver I have.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have two decommisioned Metabo PowerMaxx drivers that I could argue otherwise. The only reason I have stopped using them is because of heir NiCad batteries finally being toast. I haven’t tossed them yet and may just try to rescue them with new batteries or rebuilding mine.

EDIT: I just found a place online here in Canada that offered them and ordered 2 replacement batteries. It’ll be nice to use these two little drivers again. The bigger one is extremely well built and can sink 3 inch screws into spf framing without struggling albeit on its slow speed.

Looks interesting, if we ever have a chance to meet up I’ll pit my Makita against your Metabo. 😀

Doobie

Looks interesting, if we ever have a chance to meet up I’ll pit my Makita against your Metabo. 😀

Sure. I’d take on that challenge. Lol!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have two decommisioned Metabo PowerMaxx drivers

I have several of the pistol shaped small drivers B&D, Skil, Bosch and they are all great, the Bosch Go though just has the traditional screwdriver shape.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Now available as Dremel Go.

(seen in Home Depot if you are wondering)

Attachments:
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Glad I read all this. I have been looking at the Bosch screwdriver . I have seen them on EBay for around $30 .
    I always have to replace all the electric outlets and switches in every house. Thought this might make it easier . My problem is everyone paints the screw heads 20 times and makes it a pain to get the old screws out.
    Guess I will keep doing them by hand.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Glad I read all this. I have been looking at the Bosch screwdriver . I have seen them on EBay for around $30 .
    I always have to replace all the electric outlets and switches in every house. Thought this might make it easier . My problem is everyone paints the screw heads 20 times and makes it a pain to get the old screws out.
    Guess I will keep doing them by hand.

I can see you cracking faceplates easily lol. The delay in stop is really annoying on delicate things. Although you could always stop short while installing and finish the last few turns by hand, those fine thread long screws are serious pain in the butt if you have to a bunch by hand.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Now available as Dremel Go.

(seen in Home Depot if you are wondering)

Yep looks like Bosch rebranded this in the Dremel line and released it. I have one (from Bosch) by all accounts this is a HO or DIYer tool. Great for working on car interiors though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.450 seconds