dcsimg

Anybody has a Bosch Go screwdriver?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Found this for sale locally, seems toolguyd did an article earlier this year. It’s quite attractive for me because it’s USB chargeable and can be used all around the world whereas none of my cordless is able to.

Seems it’s 360 RPM, torque adjustable from 1.85 to 3.7 ft.lb, and comes with a 1.5 AH battery. Interestingly the max manual operation torque is spec’ed at 7.4 ft.lb, don’t think I’ve seen that before on other cordless drivers.

It’s about $50, and I’m somewhat inclined to pick one up, but it’s not like I need yet another screwdriver.

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-go-cordless-screwdriver/

I have no seen that screwdiver before. I would not normally use it but for a wife and daughter who each have wrist problems, this would be a nice item to get for them. I see it is available on the Big A and the couple of reviews point out some issues.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have no seen that screwdiver before. I would not normally use it but for a wife and daughter who each have wrist problems, this would be a nice item to get for them. I see it is available on the Big A and the couple of reviews point out some issues.

Hmm it seems the push to use feature is not very sensitive and universally disliked, I can see how it can be annoying consider it’s the only way to turn it on.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

never seen that before, I do have the 12v screwdriver which I use fairly often however.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Found this for sale locally, seems toolguyd did an article earlier this year. It’s quite attractive for me because it’s USB chargeable and can be used all around the world whereas none of my cordless is able to.

Seems it’s 360 RPM, torque adjustable from 1.85 to 3.7 ft.lb, and comes with a 1.5 AH battery. Interestingly the max manual operation torque is spec’ed at 7.4 ft.lb, don’t think I’ve seen that before on other cordless drivers.

It’s about $50, and I’m somewhat inclined to pick one up, but it’s not like I need yet another screwdriver.

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-go-cordless-screwdriver/

That’s a great thread to start,

I know Bill @theamcguy guy has one, he likes it, I think it’s the same,

That’s actually a good price,
    Do you want me to send you a email money transfer if you can bring one back for me

If that’s okay, if not, that’s fine

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have one and really like it. Yes it is USB chargeable and has a low enough RPM so as to be easy to use. I think they are still only available in India, but got mine off eBay from a seller in India and it arrived in about 3 weeks after paying. The USB charger that comes in the kit will not work in the US wrong plug so I bought a decent one off amazon. All in all i like it but it is a DIYer tool not really a profesional tool as most guys would just use a cordless driver. If you an electrician this would be perfect if installing switches, outlets, and covers especially using a the ECX bit from Milwaukee.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Seems it’s been available in quite a few countries now. Although I think tools are not released in NA for a reason, be it low demand or not competitive. The Bosch 12v rotary tool I bought on ebay was average at best to be honest.

Doobie

If you an electrician this would be perfect if installing switches, outlets, and covers…

That’s maybe the only reason I’d have one. I had a similar Metabo that I used to have in my electrical kit.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

They (electric screwdrivers in general) are handy for working on electronics, where even a 12v pistol driver is way too big/heavy. With an adapter they can take those 4mm precision bits too and making things go a lot quicker.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Anyone try this Bosch click interchangeable head adapter drill? Looks useful

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anyone try this Bosch click interchangeable head adapter drill? Looks useful

The 12v FlexiClick? I have one and really like it. Most here have one as well and like it a lot. The offset head can be very useful.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Thanks for the feedback, looks useful

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Well I have to say I’m not a fan this screwdriver so far, while it’s compact there are better options. The motor is activated by pushing the bit holder/transmission/motor in by almost 1/8″, against relatively high spring tension, awkward to say at least. This also plays into the next problem, torque control. The electronic torque control is hard to use compare to a mechanical clutch, and it’s hard to stop the motor right before screw seats, fingers just have better dexterity than arm.

Not recommended unless you are in my situation, having no power tools and need something to make life easier.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I have to say I’m not a fan this screwdriver so far, while it’s compact there are better options.

I like it because it is compact. For doing light duty work it is a better option than a heavier drill/driver or impact driver.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Well I have to say I’m not a fan this screwdriver so far, while it’s compact there are better options. The motor is activated by pushing the bit holder/transmission/motor in by almost 1/8″, against relatively high spring tension, awkward to say at least. This also plays into the next problem, torque control. The electronic torque control is hard to use compare to a mechanical clutch, and it’s hard to stop the motor right before screw seats, fingers just have better dexterity than arm.

Not recommended unless you are in my situation, having no power tools and need something to make life easier.

Thanks for that feedback. I won’t be yearning for one to come to NA anytime soon unless they change its design.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I like it because it is compact. For doing light duty work it is a better option than a heavier drill/driver or impact driver.

Compare to a drill driver absolutely, those are too heavy for things like bench work. But with the multitude of electric screwdrivers out there, a trigger/button switch is much easier to use and allows for more finesse. Like Dewalt’s gyro switch, while novel on paper, it just doesn’t work as well in practice.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Thanks for that feedback. I won’t be yearning for one to come to NA anytime soon unless they change its design.

Yeah it needs to have a more crisp on/off switch at least, as it is there’s too much spring tension, too much travel, feels too mushy and there’s an annoying delay before it start to turn.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

There is also a slight split second delay before it turns off too. I was just installing cabinet door brackets and it’s really annoying, had to let go earlier than usual or it can damage the screw head or strip the hole on particle board. The non-locking chuck also means when drilling pilot holes with a hex drill bit, I would have to pull the drill bit out of particle board by hand since the chuck can’t hold onto it.

This thing really should be released as a green Bosch, not blue.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Good feedback, guess I’m kinda glad I never got one, even though it looks interesting.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Good feedback, guess I’m kinda glad I never got one, even though it looks interesting.

Yeah it has potential, but needs a lot of polishing, guess Bosch knows too since it’s not released in NA.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.740 seconds