dcsimg

Any sun hat recommendations?

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author

I’ve thought of mounting mini solar fans to the brim of the hard hat??

Doesn’t Makita make a fan assembly that hooks on to your hard hat??

Wow, didn’t know there was such a thing.

Hey, have any of you tried the spray bottle with the fan on it? It works pretty well. Better yet if you can throw some ice cubes in it or chill it. We bought one for my son when he was playing sports and it was a big hit with everyone on the team.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Wouldn’t the vibration drive you nuts? I can just imagine a headache from the rattling. Plus, everyone would know who the cool guy on the site is…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Have you looked at Tilly’s?

Yup that’s what I was going to recommend, light and wash easy

I get too hot wearing hats-at least the ones I’ve tried. They seem to quickly get sweaty and then I just keep messing with it.

IMO, they are more trouble than they are worth. I use sunscreen when necessary instead.

I have a Tiley similar to the one in the picture. They have a mesh around the top to vent the heat out. It does a pretty good job.

http://www.tilley.com/canada_en/men/hats/warm-weather/ltm2-airflor.html

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Have you looked at Tilly’s?

Yup that’s what I was going to recommend, light and wash easy

I get too hot wearing hats-at least the ones I’ve tried. They seem to quickly get sweaty and then I just keep messing with it.

IMO, they are more trouble than they are worth. I use sunscreen when necessary instead.

I have a Tiley similar to the one in the picture. They have a mesh around the top to vent the heat out. It does a pretty good job.

http://www.tilley.com/canada_en/men/hats/warm-weather/ltm2-airflor.html

Those are good quality hats.
    They last and last, plus washable to.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have been sporting the Indiana Jones fedora for the last week or so.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BTUCKG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BTUCKG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I have always liked that look. Price isn’t bad either

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It is a nice looking hat. To me it looks like it would be hot. Almost like a brain cooker.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

It is a nice looking hat. To me it looks like it would be hot. Almost like a brain cooker.

Not hot at all. I can tell a huge difference when I am in full sun. It looks heavier that=n it actually is.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wouldn’t the vibration drive you nuts? I can just imagine a headache from the rattling. Plus, everyone would know who the cool guy on the site is…

No,,, I seem to thrive on vibration. If I’m not vibrating I turn up the Power Boxx

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Not hot at all. I can tell a huge difference when I am in full sun. It looks heavier that=n it actually is.

That is a good price, and I like that look as well. I guess I just have to figure out how to get the wife to let me get another hat, lol.

I actually not sure about all the specs , but years ago , my father in law wanted a Tilly hat , my wife and I bought him one for his birthday , after he passed away , my wife gave it to me , definitely has sentimental value , but as far as a hat , I use it , and I find it amazing , it’s light , comfortable and fairly good for keeping your head coolish ,
    I’ll try to get a picture tomorrow
    It’s a typical rim hat , looks very Australian 👍

Doobie

I think I have well over a dozen and a half Tilley hats now. They are great hats. I kinda started to move to wearing them outside the house from being a ball-cap type of guy for casual hat wear about five years ago.

If you go to their flagship store in Toronto you can grab some end-of-lines hats at times. One time I walked out with 5 hats for $165 that would have cost me like $600 reg price.

I actually went to his home a few times in the 80’s when one of my friends was dating one of his daughters when I was in my teens. He had cool artwork covering every wall in his house. Even in the bathrooms. Real nice and genuine family and welcoming! Fond memories of all that.

I think I have well over a dozen and a half Tilley hats now. They are great hats. I kinda started to move to wearing them outside the house from being a ball-cap type of guy for casual hat wear about five years ago.

If you go to their flagship store in Toronto you can grab some end-of-lines hats at times. One time I walked out with 5 hats for $165 that would have cost me like $600 reg price.

I actually went to his home a few times in the 80’s when one of my friends was dating one of his daughters when I was in my teens. He had cool artwork covering every wall in his house. Even in the bathrooms. Real nice and genuine family and welcoming! Fond memories of all that.

Wow that’s a great deal , definitely a great hat , sounds like a great time you had with them 👍

Earlier this year, I paid approximately $12 for an nf bucket hat at Costco. Foldable and has an SPF of 50. My search for the perfect hat ended when this one met all of my requirements, so I purchased it. It has been great so far!

There’s also a pink hat I bought in New York that has a wide brim in front, nothing on the back. However, it lacks SPF and is not collapsible. I am able to conceal my face with this mask, but my entire neck remains uncovered.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i just drove over to the main store, they are shut down for the indoor experience. it was a long drive for nothing lol

Wow that’s a great deal , definitely a great hat , sounds like a great time you had with them 👍

i just drove over to the main store, they are shut down for the indoor experience. it was a long drive for nothing lol

What did you mean indoor experience

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.230 seconds