dcsimg

Any idea if Bosch is working on a cordless framing nailer?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Any idea if Bosch is working on a cordless framing nailer?

I’m in the market and if anyone has heard if Bosch is going this route I could definitely hold off for a few months. I’d hate to buy a Paslode or one of those new fangled battery only Dewalt only to have Bosch release one a few months later.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

I haven’t heard, that would be sweet..

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

By the way……….

Those new fangled Dewalts are sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

I have owned mine for 6 months now, and am convinced that I need to add another.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

better than paselode ??

By the way……….

better than paselode ??

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

better than paselode ??

By the way……….

better than paselode ??

So much better than the Paslode Impulse. I bought two of those years ago, and after a few weeks they started having issues. Also hated the smell and cost of the gas. If you have a tool supplier near you, do what I did. Ask the to let you test fire the Dewalt a few times.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

theres been no word of a bosch cordless framer, and considering that teh entire bosch nailer line is pretty much dead in the water at teh moment id have to say no

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

better than paselode ??

By the way……….

better than paselode ??

So much better than the Paslode Impulse. I bought two of those years ago, and after a few weeks they started having issues. Also hated the smell and cost of the gas. If you have a tool supplier near you, do what I did. Ask the to let you test fire the Dewalt a few times.

Any issues with the Dewalt cordless? How’s the balance on it?

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Like any cordless nailer, it is a little heavy. Balance is good, but takes a little while to get used to. I don’t think I have fired off more than 500 shots in a day with it, but I bet if you used it in heavy duty framing, your arm would feel it.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

theres been no word of a bosch cordless framer, and considering that teh entire bosch nailer line is pretty much dead in the water at teh moment id have to say no

I’m in the same camp. I can’t see how they could clearance all of their old inventory and produce nothing new for two years then suddenly release a battery powered framer. Maybe I’m wrong…several member here like their 18v 16ga brad nailer.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I’m in the same camp. I can’t see how they could clearance all of their old inventory and produce nothing new for two years then suddenly release a battery powered framer. Maybe I’m wrong…several member here like their 18v 16ga brad nailer.

I was hoping they’d been pouring money into R&D since pulling out and Dewalt just beat them to the punch on the cordless framer.

better than paselode ??

By the way……….

better than paselode ??

I tested it out at a trade show . I felt it is a little heavy for a cordless nailer . The bump fire is pretty cool . Just feels a bit bulky over paslode . I can’t wait to see there finish nailer hit the market.

Always willing to learn .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

your very right about the bulkiness of hte dewalt nailers.. their finish nailers feel heavy as hell for a 18 gauge or 16 gauge.. i would rather just use a pneumatic instead… the dewalt cordles framer feels horribly balanced which will cause user fatigue pretty quick

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I have owned and used both the Paslode impulse, and now the Dewalt framer. I can honestly say, there is no comparison. Other than it being a little heavy, but manageable, it is everything that I hoped it would be

RyanF
    Pro

I’d say even if they were working on one, it would be a heck of a lot longer than a few months until you could buy one. I think you’ll need to look elsewhere.

I guess I’ll need to test out the Dewalt and see how it stacks us with the Paslode. I borrowed an Impulse last year and liked it alright. It’s a real shame that Bosch is out of the game. Dewalt has let me down on my last two purchases and I’d hate to reward them with another.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would have to agree with Jeff, after packing up the air nailer line and only keeping the 18V trim gun, I doubt Bosch will do much with nail guns in the near future.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

I can say there has been no discussion of this sort of tool by our sponsor. Sounds like you are going to have a tough time making your decision, although the members seem to have some good advice and insights.

Jim

Oh yea, good to see you here @onecaribou

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Thanks for the response Jim, always good to have some insider information.

I can say there has been no discussion of this sort of tool by our sponsor. Sounds like you are going to have a tough time making your decision, although the members seem to have some good advice and insights.

Jim

Oh yea, good to see you here @onecaribou

Thanks for the info and your kind welcome. I’m really impressed by how much good advice and hands on experience is shared here.

I have owned and used both the Paslode impulse, and now the Dewalt framer. I can honestly say, there is no comparison. Other than it being a little heavy, but manageable, it is everything that I hoped it would be

I don’t remember what Degree the nails are for the Dewalt Framer .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.500 seconds