dcsimg

Anvil stand build

This topic contains 81 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Rovik
    Pro

Some more progress.

What is the sand for? Does it just add weight?

This looks like a neat project, love all the in progress pictures.

The sand in the legs is to add mass and absorb the shock of hammering.

Norway

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Some more progress.

Nice work. I’m looking forward to seeing the anvil in place.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very Nice idea, I like it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is a nice idea. I too like it. I am interested to hear how well it works when you get the stand built.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Rovik
    Pro

Some more progress.

Nice work. I’m looking forward to seeing the anvil in place.

That is a nice idea. I too like it. I am interested to hear how well it works when you get the stand built.

I have tested the anvil and stand like it is already, very happy with the result. Not much resonance at all, and god rebound 🙂

Norway

Rovik
    Pro

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Made a handle today to make the stand mobile:

Even the handle is a work of art; but that’s what we have come to expect from @rovik. Your skills and attention to detail are definitely to be envied.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Rovik
    Pro

Even the handle is a work of art; but that’s what we have come to expect from @rovik. Your skills and attention to detail are definitely to be envied.

Thanks, much appreciated 🙂

Norway

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That’s a great idea, it’s looking good ,
    Quality work Ivan

Rovik
    Pro

Quality work Ivan

Thanks. I have a dilemma about which wheels to choose. What do you guys think looks best? Big 5″ heavy duty casters or standard car jack casters.

Norway

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Quality work Ivan

Thanks. I have a dilemma about which wheels to choose. What do you guys think looks best? Big 5″ heavy duty casters or standard car jack casters.

That is a tough one for sure. The big casters would be make it easier for moving around. They would better on rough surfaces. The bigger casters could be in the way depending on how you mount them to the stand.

I would go with car jack casters. As they are smaller and will do the same job as the bigger casters. They would look nicer. Along as you are moving the stand around on a smooth surface they will be good to use.

Greg

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Quality work Ivan

That is a tough one for sure. The big casters would be make it easier for moving around. They would better on rough surfaces. The bigger casters could be in the way depending on how you mount them to the stand.

I would go with car jack casters. As they are smaller and will do the same job as the bigger casters. They would look nicer. Along as you are moving the stand around on a smooth surface they will be good to use.

Tuff one, both are great wheels for different applications , I think I’d go with the car jack ones also , like Greg mentioned, I think the bigger one’s will definitely make it easier , but can also be prone to getting all sorts of things stuck in the red wheels making it difficult to move.
    Good luck, looking forward to seeing the results.

Rovik
    Pro

Quality work Ivan

Yes it is a tough one for sure :). You are right, the car jack casters will look the best. I need now to buy a new cheap car jack to take the wheels of 😉

Norway

Rovik
    Pro

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Didn’t like the car jack wheels. I think they are to small. Got some bigger cast iron wheels:

Those wheels look like they will be much better. I like how you have mounted them on the stand.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Didn’t like the car jack wheels. I think they are to small. Got some bigger cast iron wheels:

The wheels came out great,, nice idea on the handle too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Rovik
    Pro

Those wheels look like they will be much better. I like how you have mounted them on the stand.

I like those wheels better. The wheels come from a car dolly.

Thanks.

Norway

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I like those wheels better. The wheels come from a car dolly.

Thanks.

Wow that’s awesome. You are right about the wheels.
    Is that chain on the anvil for a particular reason.

Rovik
    Pro

@boschmanbrian, it is to reduse the resonance and ad weight/mass when hammering.

Norway

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@boschmanbrian, it is to reduse the resonance and ad weight/mass when hammering.

Ah thanks that makes sense.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.675 seconds