dcsimg

Anti-Fatigue Mats

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I picked up on of these for the Mrs. and myself. The knees are not what they used to be. :( Kneeling on concrete is not what I want to do.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=72349&cat=2,42194

That is a great idea ! I wasn’t sure why anyone would be on their knees in the first place but I guess there are all kinds of reasons to be down there 🙂

@jdw1865 your right about the mats used in horse stables. My sister had a big stable, and that is exactly what she used, thinking back when we would work in the stables, it was actually easier on the body after a couple of hours.
    So yeah check a local shops for tractor supply, or horse / farm supply.

staker
    Pro

I use some pieces old conveyers belts and some anti fatigue mat at benches and tool locations.

Anonymous
    Inactive

They help out a ton on feet stress. Highly recommend them.

I’ve got six of these thus far and really like them. $25 each.

Attachments:
    woodman_412

The shop is looking great Chris! Are those the same type of mats that you see in commercial kitchens?

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

I stupidly went and bought a couple of Festool anti-fatigue mats a couple of years ago thinking they would be really super duper quality and look spiffy with all my other Festool laden outfitted shop.

Basically overspent for the name for sure. The other day I was cleaning the side with my vac that goes on the ground. They’re not even made in Germany.

KenW
    Pro

I have one mat like these. I really like it. Stays flexible in cold weather too.

The shop is looking great Chris! Are those the same type of mats that you see in commercial kitchens?

Thanks @woodman_412 ! That mean a lot! As far as the commercial kitchen application,I’m not sure Dan, I bought these at Home Depot. My first two I got about five years ago.They have two interlocking tabs, and the other two sides have dimples to accommodate the other two tabs from another mat. They also have small 3/4″? holes spaced evenly kind of like my MFT (I’m thinking about putting dogs in ’em!) which allow for drainage which is really important in my basement as it leaks like crazy this time of the year. Super dense rubber, really comfortable and they have been holding up awesome. I’ll be picking two more up this week and the idea is to surround my MFT so I can be pretty comfortable. Here’s a close up pic….

Attachments:

I stupidly went and bought a couple of Festool anti-fatigue mats a couple of years ago thinking they would be really super duper quality and look spiffy with all my other Festool laden outfitted shop.

Basically overspent for the name for sure. The other day I was cleaning the side with my vac that goes on the ground. They’re not even made in Germany.

That stinks they just want money thinking just cause it’s festool everyone will buy it no matter the quality.

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I love the Anti-Fatigue Mats, the foamy ones. I have one in front of the kitchen sink so when I do the dishes the feets are happy.

Doobie

That stinks they just want money thinking just cause it’s festool everyone will buy it no matter the quality.

Yep! While I somewhat love Festool, they do get me wondering and questioning them at times.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The shop is really coming along nicely Chris.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Sounds like they are great mats Chris. I was just looking at the close up pic that you posted and they do look like what I’ve seen in commercial kitchens. The mats just gave me another thought…I wonder if they would make a good downdraft table for sanding…has all the holes plus a grippy surface, you would just need to build a box and a support frame.

Dan

danpattison.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is a great deal for them types of mats .

KenW
    Pro

That is a great deal for them types of mats .

They interconnect so you could cut them to fit and still connect to the next area.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very nice feature.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmmm.. how about a kneeling pad…. would any you guys consider getting this?

http://toolguyd.com/custom-leathercraft-foam-kneeling-pad/

I have them too. Great for working on cars, and for detailing paint. I have gel filled ones that really work on concrete as well as the dense foam ones.

Yep I’ve got 6-8 of them in the shop in various sizes, Originally for working on mechanical stuff. I’ve never been able to comfortably wear knee pads, Mats are great. No more of those little rocks on the knee caps, Gawd I used to hate that. I really need to lay a couple around the workbench to see how much diff it makes on my back

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks @woodman_412 ! That mean a lot! As far as the commercial kitchen application,I’m not sure Dan, I bought these at Home Depot. My first two I got about five years ago.They have two interlocking tabs, and the other two sides have dimples to accommodate the other two tabs from another mat. They also have small 3/4″? holes spaced evenly kind of like my MFT (I’m thinking about putting dogs in ‘em!) which allow for drainage which is really important in my basement as it leaks like crazy this time of the year. Super dense rubber, really comfortable and they have been holding up awesome. I’ll be picking two more up this week and the idea is to surround my MFT so I can be pretty comfortable. Here’s a close up pic….

I backread and didn’t see anywhere what size those are, For $25 how big of a piece is that?

Sounds like they are great mats Chris. I was just looking at the close up pic that you posted and they do look like what I’ve seen in commercial kitchens. The mats just gave me another thought…I wonder if they would make a good downdraft table for sanding…has all the holes plus a grippy surface, you would just need to build a box and a support frame.</

that’s a fantastic idea, super grippy but do you think the holes would be too big?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 213 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.662 seconds