dcsimg

Anti-Fatigue Mats

This topic contains 212 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 213 total)
  • Author

Well done Mr. moderator! Now you can start practicing your magical abilities to do all sorts of fun things on the site… Well, not totally… But it is helpful to move posts to other topics and merge topics at times!

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

All hail mr. powerful. Merger of threads and mover of vowels and consanants.

woodman_412

lol…Jim I think your moderator powers are being mocked. I haven’t tried moving a post yet, I’ve mostly just deleted duplicates.

Dan

danpattison.com

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I feel like I need a brain anti-fatigue mat after reading about all of this moving of posts.

Does anybody have a favorite make of anti-fatigue mat?

I’m with Jason on the mats with holes in them. You do need to pick them up and clean them, but if they work in kitchen environments they will work in the shop.

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

I am always a little hesitant about mats in the shop. I seem to trip on the edges. I try to where proper footwear and move around a bit if my legs tire. I have worked production jobs where they saved me, but I was standing for 14 hours in a pair of Chuck Taylors too:-)

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

lol…Jim I think your moderator powers are being mocked. I haven’t tried moving a post yet, I’ve mostly just deleted duplicates.

mocking only brings the heat on you…..I am kidding. I wanted to give it a shot and Brendan had a good idea. Had to get it to the right place. I am resistant to holes in mats but you guys are right they are so much easier to clean.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I know we get our mats from Grainger and I want to say this is the interlocking type that we have. I will toss some pics up tomorrow.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/NOTRAX-Modular-Drainage-Mat-3LY64?Pid=search

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have looked at these a time or two.
    http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/086364/086364418996lg.jpg
    They are cheap and probably would be hard to clean though

Jason, how much cushion do you get from that mat?

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Lon I have to ask the same questions.
    I guess I am not so worried about the cleaning aspects of the mats. Its a garage shop floor..it’s dirty and always will be dirty. I want something to provide some relief to the legs and the back.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Jason, how much cushion do you get from that mat?

Its not squishy like a memory foam or neoprene mat but it takes the shock off of your knees. If you don’t need a mat with holes I am sure you can get a mat with more anti-fatigue properties.

Thanks. I thought that about the mat. I am like Jim and really appreciate the anti-fatigue factor. My knees are not what they used to be.

Is there a ‘holy grail’ of anti-fatigue mats? Sounds like it is either Jason’s mats with holes (category) or memory foam/neoprene (category – which I imagine slowly cave in over time… but how quickly have you guys noticed their degradation per say?)

John S

I have had mine around 4-5 years and none are showing much wear. I know it was a mistake to buy the “on special mats” at one of the national woodworking stores versus a more expensive one. Those did not provide as much cushioning as the better one.

I have not used a mat in my shop — I find good shoes really help…will be putting my Keen boots to the test this fall/winter in the shop.

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am not sure if this mat is durable enough for a shop but if you care about mass approval this one takes the cake:

http://www.amazon.com/Imprint-Comfort-Nantucket-20-Inch-Cinnamon/dp/B003BYRDK2/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1383582023&sr=1-2&keywords=Anti-Fatigue+Mat

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I am not sure if this mat is durable enough for a shop but if you care about mass approval this one takes the cake:

http://www.amazon.com/Imprint-Comfort-Nantucket-20-Inch-Cinnamon/dp/B003BYRDK2/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1383582023&sr=1-2&keywords=Anti-Fatigue+Mat

Thats a nice mat, but at that price it better also cure my back and knee problems…Yikes

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Looking at the picture I question the durability too. It comes with a 7 year warranty. It does look nice. The price is not much different than many others I have seen.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.756 seconds