dcsimg

Anti-Fatigue Mats

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

5 years ago our company built a vet clinic which in the bottom floor there was a doggy day care.. we installed the 4×6 mats there. they cost roughly $35 a mat… the funny thing was the owner of my gym bought a bunch used from a gym that had just closed and tried claiming that they were $70 each.. funny how the idiot tried lying about the cost of hte product.. he did hte same thing when he talked about the laminate flooring he bought for the cardio section floor a couple years before.. tried claiming he paid $5 sq ft.. it was $2.20 sq ft

What prompted him to talk about the prices of the materials? You’d think he wouldn’t want to exaggerate what he was spending to a client (maybe your dues are too high if he’s blowing cash…)

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I picked up one of the Wellness mats at Lee Valley today for my new shop. They are definitely pricey but I have never stood on such a comfortable mat. My idea is to just have one of these that I can use and move to wherever I’ll be standing in one spot for awhile. I might add some cheaper mats around the shop in different places where I don’t stand as often but for times when I’m doing a long sanding session or cutting up cabinet parts this will be my go to mat.

That looks very much like the mat costco was selling a while back. Very nice to stand on.

Doobie

I picked up one of the Wellness mats at Lee Valley today for my new shop. They are definitely pricey but I have never stood on such a comfortable mat. My idea is to just have one of these that I can use and move to wherever I’ll be standing in one spot for awhile. I might add some cheaper mats around the shop in different places where I don’t stand as often but for times when I’m doing a long sanding session or cutting up cabinet parts this will be my go to mat.

You must really like it Dan. I returned mine. Mind you I already had two Festool mats already.

Why did you end up returning yours Kevin?

I had bought the small portable one. I felt it was not as practical for what I had planned for it in being portable.

I thought of just keeping it as a regular dedicated mat for a specific task, but I really didn’t see using such an expensive high quality mat for any places I didn’t already have a mat that was already adequate.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

You must really like it Dan. I returned mine. Mind you I already had two Festool mats already.

did you find some at costco? I haven’t seen them since someone was talking about them here.

Doobie

did you find some at costco? I haven’t seen them since someone was talking about them here.

No I haven’t. Are we talking solid high density foam ones, or the other style black ones they had for years which I have had myself with the holes in them made out of rubber.

I used to go down the tools aisle at Costco religiously every time I went there, and largely still do. But they don’t have items of interest to me any longer down there for years now. It’s rare now I’m buying anything down that aisle. It’s mostly piddly non-real tool stuff now.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I used to go down the tools aisle at Costco religiously every time I went there, and largely still do. But they don’t have items of interest to me any longer down there for years now. It’s rare now I’m buying anything down that aisle. It’s mostly piddly non-real tool stuff now.

One thing I have noticed is that Costco for some reason have their fatigue mats in the same aisle as the carpets & sheets.

I tend to stroll down their tool aisle but have not purchased anything in a long time.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

yellaD
    Pro

I would love some anti-fatigue mats but they are so expensive always.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

5 years ago our company built a vet clinic which in the bottom floor there was a doggy day care.. we installed the 4×6 mats there. they cost roughly $35 a mat… the funny thing was the owner of my gym bought a bunch used from a gym that had just closed and tried claiming that they were $70 each.. funny how the idiot tried lying about the cost of hte product.. he did hte same thing when he talked about the laminate flooring he bought for the cardio section floor a couple years before.. tried claiming he paid $5 sq ft.. it was $2.20 sq ft

What prompted him to talk about the prices of the materials? You’d think he wouldn’t want to exaggerate what he was spending to a client (maybe your dues are too high if he’s blowing cash…)

this guy is a total blowhard.. if you suggest something that needs to be improved in the gym he takes it completely personally.. even if its something as simple as rebolting one of the machines to the floor. or moving a machine a foot or two so its not so close to another one.. a few years ago he approached me about building a new deck on his house.. he said my price was too high then was bragging on social media aboiut how high end his new deck was… the deck wsa nothing more than a basic builders deck.. not to mention hes had issues with the structure of it since.. get what you pay for

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Anonymous
    Inactive

@yellaD picked up 3 at harbor freight one day. Very inexpensive, and threw them down in the shop. Don’t really know if they reduce anything, but standing on them feels better than the concrete floor.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I have some of them too @TaraC they help me a lot. Concrete just tears my feet up. I have been thinking about cutting some and strapping it to my shoes. Then the mat goes where I go.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@yellaD picked up 3 at harbor freight one day. Very inexpensive, and threw them down in the shop. Don’t really know if they reduce anything, but standing on them feels better than the concrete floor.

@YellaD
    Check out Princess Auto, I have a couple of them in my garage, not as comfy as the Costco ones but they still better than nothing. Once in a while they go on sale for under $10 each.

— Glenn Botting

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

They really do help if you have a bad back or achy feet .

yellaD
    Pro

Hmmm, thansk for the Costco tip, I’ll go check that out. @TaraC, we don’t have Harbour Freight here, but I think the equivalent would be Canadian Tire or Princess Auto?

woodman_412

I might take a look at the ones at Costco next time I’m there. I might add a couple more cheaper mats to the shop for places that I don’t stand as often. The other thing that I’m interested in trying with my new wellness mat is a standing desk. Rather than sitting all day when I’m doing quotes or designs I might try the standing option instead. My body generally likes that better than sitting all day.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

One thing I have noticed is that Costco for some reason have their fatigue mats in the same aisle as the carpets & sheets.

I tend to stroll down their tool aisle but have not purchased anything in a long time.

I just strolled down the tool aisle late today at the Ajax Costco. Nothing. Didn’t think if they had them they would be down the flooring aisle which I never go down. Will have to remember to go down there next time I’m there.

Not so sure I would buy one, but you never know. I will need some maybe for my shed which will also be a secondary work area.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Hmmm, thansk for the Costco tip, I’ll go check that out. @TaraC, we don’t have Harbour Freight here, but I think the equivalent would be Canadian Tire or Princess Auto?

@YellaD
    Princess Auto would be closer relative to Harbour Freight than CT.
    Out on the interweb there is ToolTown.ca, they have a wide selection over seas tools. 😉

— Glenn Botting

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Man, I wish we had something better on the swing stages. Sometimes I cut ply to put on stage floor. Bare metal floors aren’t nice in Winter or Summer. Other times we are standing on rubble due to limited space while you in the air. Feet take a beating.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@yellaD
    we should do a harborfreight run down in buffalo and pick up a few things.

yellaD
    Pro

@yellaD we should do a harborfreight run down in buffalo and pick up a few things.

They got some great deals south of the border, too bad our exchange rate is ridiculous! I bought PC 5gallon compressor from Buffalo HD.

The Costco here is very inconsistent about stocking mats, so I have resorted to using the interlocking rubber ones with octagonal holes in them from HomeDepot, as it sure makes a difference on my feet.

W

Will

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 213 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.517 seconds