dcsimg

Anti-Fatigue Mats

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I looked for a thread on this but could not find one. Does anyone use these in their shop?

http://www.mattingexperts.com/Industrial-Safety-Anti-Fatigue-Mats-s/109.htm?gclid=CMvd07PauLoCFYhcMgodcWgAHw

Use something else? or nothing at all?

Just wondering because I am looking into something for my garage floor where my work space is so I am not standing on concrete.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Needless to say, that website definitely seems to have the need covered in terms of having a plethora of options!

This topic came up in another forum category and we had some thoughts there…

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/anti-fatigue-floor-mats/

Still, I think it would be great to bring it back up 🙂

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have some anti fatigue mats in front of my benv
    And by my break in my shop. They are the interlocking tyop that I got out of a retaoil space we remodeled

I use them in my shop and it makes a big difference on the concrete. I have purchased them from different sources and at different times. I would say investigate the mat before you buy as some offer a lot more cushioning, thus comfort, than others. Also, for some reason some mats love to hold onto the sawdust etc. and do not clean up as well as I like.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

We use them everywhere in the shop. If its by metal and cutting fluid we use a rubber mat with the holes in it so that its easier to clean and keep dry. For all other areas we use a rubber covered foam mat. I find that they really take stress off not only the legs but the lower back.

Is it possible to get a mat that is comfortable, doesn’t hold dust (easy to clean), AND has a long life (doesn’t start to cave in where you stand after some good use)

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

My wife has one in front of the kitchen sink. Works really well. We had them in a lab in NC. It was a life saver. We were often on our feet at the bench for hours at a time. When I get a shop set up, I will have some sort of anti-fatigue mats.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I use a 1 inch thick rubber mat where i do most of my work and it helps a lot on my feet and back .

woodman_412

I used to use a anti-fatigue mat from Lee Valley in my old shop on the concrete floor but I don’t use any at all now with the wood floor in my new shop. I do have one mat with holes in it that isn’t that great at the countertop shop but we need a better one and more of them.

Dan

danpattison.com

Any more specifics as to their brands / where you got it from (besides the whole Lee Valley thing that Dan is constantly mentioning 😛 hah)

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

The ones in the Lab came from Fischer Scientific and the wife’s kitchen mat came for Le “Garage Sale”

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John, if you are looking for a really durable and comfortable get a restaurant mat. The kind of mat that is about an inch thick and had 1″ holes. I think you could get one at a restaurant supply store.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Jason,
    Your comment made me think of local Ag Supply stores such as Tractor Supply. They usually have thick rubber mats for horse stalls. I figure if they can hold up to and cushion a full grown horse then the should last forever for people.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Wow guys, lots of great ideas here. I need to find some to buy. Sorry about starting a new thread when there already was one. So many threads to go through

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Good thoughts Jerry and Jason… Though the downside to the mat having holes in it = dust and whatnot falling into it = a pain to clean…

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

If you get a mat with complete holes then your standing surface will stay clean and when you go to clean you can pick it up and sweep.

Attachments:

Another good source for mats is Gemplers.

If you get a mat with complete holes then your standing surface will stay clean and when you go to clean you can pick it up and sweep.

Yeah I guess that could be true. But if it was a large mat it might be kinda heavy (no idea how many lbs)???

John S

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

That is a good idea Brendan. I have used the search feature a couple of times but never come up with threads that I am looking for. Let’s pass this on to Aaron.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Brendan I moved your reply out of this thread and into forum improvements so Aaron sees it. And mostly because I have never done it before and wanted to try out some of my new moderator settings 🙂 thanks for being a guenie pig

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 213 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.440 seconds