dcsimg

Anti-Fatigue Floor Mats

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Gents,

I need a good recommendation for top quality anti-fatigue floor mats for my workshop. I want to set a few up at my most used stationary tools and my assembly table.

I know office Max sells some but they seem cheap.

Any ideas?

~ Rob at http://www.ConcordCarpenter.com

Interesting can’t help you there. Online maybe

woodman_412

Rob, I’ve used the mats that Lee Valley sells and they are good quality.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32099&cat=1,43456,43465

I don’t use anti-fatigue mats anymore because my new shop has a wood framed floor with a layer of 1 1/2″ rigid insulation on top and then 5/8″ plywood on top of that. It’s a fantastic floor for the feet and back and any occasional dropped tools.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

robert

try a gym supplier, they sell rubber mats for setting weights down on. they work great for anti fatigue.. costco sometimes sells them also

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Good idea Jeff.
    There’s a gym close by.

I have some from HD, but they are thin. They are holding up well though and suffice. Difficult to vac clean though because the vac sucks it right up.

If you have a Dick’s sporting goods, they have thicker ones. A pretty inexpensive anti fatigue mat system. I HAD to get some last year. It was the final straw. My whole body was killing me. As soon as I put them down….booyah.

Kent – were the mats you are talking about for gym flooring?

John S

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I think Dan is really a sales Rep for LEE Valley. haha

woodman_412

lol wind time back 9 years Brian and you would be right. Now they just take all my money when I buy my tools and supplies there. If only I still had my employee discount!

Dan

danpattison.com

haha we have a spy amongst us!

John S

woodman_412

shhhh don’t tell anyone! 😛

Dan

danpattison.com

Not certain John. What would be the difference? It’s those interlocking types, just like all the others on the market. My wife bought a small section years ago and I have those in front of my jointer. Those work awesome compared to the HD ones. A little stiffer, but much easier to use a vac on.

I have some 1/2 inch rubber mats that really help with foot and back pain

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I get my mats from TSC stores They use them on farms for animals but they work well in my shop too .

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a few sections of the ones HD sells, Durable and easy to keep clean but I didn’t think they were very good for anti-fatigue. Too hard. And without the ramp shaped edging they were a tripping hazard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.599 seconds