dcsimg

Another Two Story

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Looks like you’re ready for facsha. The valley look dead straight.

Tomorrow we are ready for fascia, got the rest of the filled in today. Yes all the hips and vallys are dead straight.

Not used to seeing that much stick framing on a simple house.

It’s easier for only two put up then trusses.

I disagree. You get a crane for an hour and two guys would get those all set.

Here the truss yard sends them out with a crane truck and sets them on the top plate. Also the engineers stamp is what they like here also.

I agree about the engineering. Can’t really tell from the pic, but those long rafters look pretty maxed out. The hips and valleys are especially suspect.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Posting here as a test. I posted 4 other times today, but nothing shows up on the site. Looks like I got credited for the points though.

Looks like this went through. Still not sure why my other posts did not. I know a couple were posted in the TBA thread.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still not sure why my other posts did not. I know a couple were posted in the TBA thread.

I have had that problem sometimes the Spam filter catches them, you get the points but they do not show up. A mod can check and approve them and then they show up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like you’re ready for facsha. The valley look dead straight.

Tomorrow we are ready for fascia, got the rest of the filled in today. Yes all the hips and vallys are dead straight.

Not used to seeing that much stick framing on a simple house.

It’s easier for only two put up then trusses.

Here the truss yard sends them out with a crane truck and sets them on the top plate. Also the engineers stamp is what they like here also.

I agree about the engineering. Can’t really tell from the pic, but those long rafters look pretty maxed out. The hips and valleys are especially suspect.

Yes those are maxed but he installs purlins to stiffen them up.

monman1
    Pro

The two of us can put the main trusses up in few hours too, but its all the filling in after that takes alot of time.

I add strong backs to the rafters, and more legs to the hips and valleys.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

monman1
    Pro

Got some plywood done today.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Plywood looks good. Soon will be dried in.

CB
    Spectator

Nice to see real plywood roof sheathing for a change, instead of OSB.

Is that a regional snow load requirement?

What thickness plywood?

(I already tried enlarging the photo to read the grade stamp, but still couldn’t read it)

First thing that jumped out at me was that there were no panel clips used, then again it looks like your rafters are 16 oc instead of 24 oc., so in that case clips wouldn’t be required in my AHJ, but clips still make spacing between sheets easier to maintain.

I couldn’t see any spacing between your sheets. Are they T&G? Or is it just the camera angle and distance?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looking very nice. Plywood is a nice touch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Always nice work Joshua
    Will you guys be putting in the windows and doors.

monman1
    Pro

Is that a regional snow load requirement?

What thickness plywood?

(I already tried enlarging the photo to read the grade stamp, but still couldn’t read it)

First thing that jumped out at me was that there were no panel clips used, then again it looks like your rafters are 16 oc instead of 24 oc., so in that case clips wouldn’t be required in my AHJ, but clips still make spacing between sheets easier to maintain.

I couldn’t see any spacing between your sheets. Are they T&G? Or is it just the camera angle and distance?

The plywood is 3/8 thick. No cilps needed as the rafter are 16 OC. They are not T&G i dont put any space.

Will you guys be putting in the windows and doors.

Soon we will be.

monman1
    Pro

Got the back and another side done.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looking almost buttoned up now. Pretty soon you’ll be inside.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks great , is that a covered patio/porch ,

CB
    Spectator

The plywood is 3/8 thick. No cilps needed as the rafter are 16 OC. They are not T&G i dont put any space.

Thanks for the insight.

Out west, we are required to space panels 1/8″ apart to allow for panel expansion. The sheathing panels are short “Sized for Spacing”.

The sunlit sky can be seen shining through the 1/8″ gaps between panels.

Nowadays, some local AHJ’s call for foil faced radiant barrier roof sheathing to mitigate attic temps. Building science soldiers on, adding cost, complexity, along with conservation and comfort.

monman1
    Pro

Out west, we are required to space panels 1/8″ apart to allow for panel expansion. The sheathing panels are short “Sized for Spacing”.

I know OSB is is sized for a space, but plywood is full 4X8. I have put plywood done day tight and come two days later and some have 1/2 space.

monman1
    Pro

And the roof is done, and its all braced up on the inside

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What??? are you serious?? The OSB we use out here is so much stronger than plywood it’s not even comparable. We use 5/8ths smart side on the eves and 5/8ths tech shield on the main body of the roof. Oh and plywood clips even tho code doen’t call for them on 5/8ths.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That roof looks really good. Nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice job makes that house look even bigger

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.375 seconds