dcsimg

Another JS572 review :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

First impressions
    The JS572EB comes in an L-Boxx2 with the insert and a couple other goodies. It has plenty of space for the cord to roll up in the box which is good because there is plenty of it. The saw is lighter than I thought it would be considering it is sporting a 7.2 amp motor. There are a couple more levers on this saw than some of the older Bosch jigsaws that I have used in the past. Its a well put together package

Features and extras
    Starting from the top you can see the red button right on top. This controls not one but 2 LED. They either stay on all the time after you push the button or stay off. They are super bright and allow you to cut in any lighting conditions. On the left side is the on and off switch which is pretty self explanatory. Its in a good spot where you can turn it on with either you thumb or index finger depending on whether you hold it with your right or left hand. Under that is the switch to change the osculation to the different settings and next to that is the switch to change the air blower on and off. In the front is the quick blade release lever. I Have stayed away from quick release jigsaws in the past because with the quick release it never seams to hold the blade in very good. Before this saw I always preferred the jigsaw that uses a screw driver to tighten the blade. Well this system changed all that for me. The quick release works quickly and keeps the blade locked in square. One of the best things is that when putting a blade you simply need to insert it where it goes and it clicks in. That’s it no screws to tighten not even a lever to flip. It is the fastest way to change a blade, ever. On the right side is the lever to change the bevel angle. It locks in to a couple different angles up to 45 degrees. Finally the last switch on the saw is the dial on the back that controls the speed. The jigsaw also comes with some cool extras. Th dust collection tube has some great innovation, it has a swivel joint that puts that hose any where you want it. It also comes with a front clear plastic cover to really aid dust extraction. Although its hard to see what you are cutting with it on but the material is very clear and I don’t see how you would make it much better. The last extra it comes with is the anti splinter attachment. It keeps the wood from blow out on things like melamine and thin veneers. Unfortunately like the front cover its hard to see what you are cutting. It also comes with a metal over shoe for theBase plate, which I have yet to have a circumstance to warrant a use. The plate it comes with is a plastic shoe which is nice for delicate surfaces. It would be nice though if there was a few more different plates for different surfaces. Like a felt shoe for extra delicate surfaces.

Performance
    The jigsaw has a very powerful motor, 7.2 amps, it has no problem cutting any thing you put in front of it without slowing down. But you don’t get a jigsaw
    because its the fastest and most powerful at cutting wood you buy one because you want accuracy. I can say that this jigsaw delivers both power and accuracy.
    I have repidvly cut a 2.5 inch diameter holes in 2 by material and the circle is always true and the cut is always square. Its amazing how this saw keeps the
    cut square under some of the tightest turns. The only limitation here is the user. When using it though it feels to cut with ease and turning it around tight corners it has no problem with the right blade. It goes and cuts exactly where you want it to cut. This is definitely the best jig saw that I have used, which brings the question.

How does it stack up against the competition?
    Well its certainly better than any other Bosch jigsaw that I have used but it also in my opinion is better than the Festool carvex. Although I have used them side by side and as far as the quality and precision of the cut, they are both almost identical. The difference here for these 2 saws are features for example the festool has the cord that unplugs from the saw and a strobing light to match the blade (which I personally don’t like) and a couple other things that the Bosch doesn’t have but then there are a few features that the Bosch has that the carvex doesn’t. So it all comes down to personal opinion at that point. If you are looking at buying either of these saws you wont be disappointed with the Bosch or festool. They will deliver smooth accurate cuts every time.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great review Austin.
    I really do like that saw besides of the extreme heat 😀
    Is that the original lboxx insert?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yep that’s how it came.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice job on the review Austin.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin Thank you for the review. Very nicely done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Great job on the review Austin! It has definitely become my favorite jigsaw.

I really do like that saw besides of the extreme heat

Are you referring to the saw heating up when you’re using it Alex? I’ve found that mine produces quite a bit of heat too.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Are you referring to the saw heating up when you’re using it Alex? I’ve found that mine produces quite a bit of heat too.

I have found mine gets warm where you hold it but no where near where I cant use it.

woodman_412

I have found mine gets warm where you hold it but no where near where I cant use it.

I’ve found that it makes a difference too if I try and keep my hands away from the vents in the head of the saw. If I cover those up when I’m gripping it I find it heats up a lot faster.

Dan

danpattison.com

Good review, Austin. I agree with you for the most part. I do think that the Carvex can cut slightly better if the blade guides are adjusted perfectly, but the Bosch is heavier and more solid feeling to me. I have to use the thicker Bosch blades to get perpendicular cuts. Thinner blades drift. I actually think I prefer the Trion to the Carvex. I do think that the Bosch is a really capable saw, though and I certainly recommend it.

Orange County, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

yes to the point that I can’t touch the saw at that point.
    right in that corner from the jig saw, guess thats the position of the motor.

@Austin
    just asking about the insert because mine looks different and I bought that kit 2years ago.
    I’ll take a picture and get that uploaded

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

woodman_412

I haven’t had it get hot enough that I can’t touch it yet but it does get pretty warm. I guess that is one plus of a top handled jigsaw is it keeps your hand away from where the saw heats up but I like the control of the barrel grip much better.

Dan

danpattison.com

I have never had the hot that some experience — warm, but never hot or overly uncomfortable and I use my saws for extended periods of time. I wonder if it is the speed or not letting the saw cool enough between cuts. I will let it run on speed six for several second between cuts when making heavy cuts and that helps.

Orange County, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I haven’t had it get hot enough that I can’t touch it yet but it does get pretty warm. I guess that is one plus of a top handled jigsaw is it keeps your hand away from where the saw heats up but I like the control of the barrel grip much better.

Like I said in the other thread about the JS572.
    I also believe that the outside temp effects the jig saw’s heat too.
    (the temperature you are working in)
    It was 95F in the garage/shop and the warm temperature doesnt really help to cool off the saw. Just a thought…

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

woodman_412

I have never had the hot that some experience — warm, but never hot or overly uncomfortable and I use my saws for extended periods of time. I wonder if it is the speed or not letting the saw cool enough between cuts. I will let it run on speed six for several second between cuts when making heavy cuts and that helps.

So letting it run between cuts must be to let it draw air through without being under load to cool things down?

Dan

danpattison.com

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

looks like a great saw for sure. I have an older D-handle but i dont use it much any more. I am loving my little 12v cordless. Thanks for the review, something i might still pick up down the road

woodman_412

looks like a great saw for sure. I have an older D-handle but i dont use it much any more. I am loving my little 12v cordless. Thanks for the review, something i might still pick up down the road

Is it the Bosch 12V jigsaw that you have Daniel? I’ve been looking at that on amazon lately but haven’t bought one yet. I don’t know if I need the cordless capability often enough to justify it since I already have the JS572.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Good review, Austin. I agree with you for the most part. I do think that the Carvex can cut slightly better if the blade guides are adjusted perfectly, but the Bosch is heavier and more solid feeling to me. I have to use the thicker Bosch blades to get perpendicular cuts. Thinner blades drift. I actually think I prefer the Trion to the Carvex. I do think that the Bosch is a really capable saw, though and I certainly recommend it.

Is the trion the older festool jigsaw? Because I have heard that from a couple people that they prefer the old one.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

So letting it run between cuts must be to let it draw air through without being under load to cool things down?

I have to give it try next time.

@austin

here a picture of my lboxx insert

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Attachments:

I have to give it try next time.

@austin
    here a picture of my lboxx insert

Yes — if you let it run without load at full speed it will help cool the motor.

Orange County, CA

Is the trion the older festool jigsaw? Because I have heard that from a couple people that they prefer the old one.

Yep – it is the older version. Still available. The big complaint some folks have is not being able to see the blade well when cutting. But if you use the anti-splinter insert you can use the little pointer to help guide the saw. I have not had any issues with visibility on any of my jigsaws. I like them all for different reasons.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.654 seconds