dcsimg

Another Canadian

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Welcome Peter! Great place here. Take the time to figure out how this forum functions versus the other ones out there, but it’s well worth the effort once you do.

I’m sure you don’t realize it yet, but back to back, or also referred to as ‘double posting’ is frowned upon here. Moderator @dabbs put up the link for some of the FAQ’s I believe that covers this.

While multiquoting from multiple posts into one post is not the same as what you’re used to, you can do it here.

Just either hit the quote buton of the posts you want to quote in it’s entirety, or highpight first the part of a post you want to quote only, then hit the ‘quote’ button at the top of the post. That will populate it in your reply box at the bottom.

To multiquote, you can just continue by going into another post and doing the same thing, and it will also populate further down in the same reply directly below the previous one you quoted into the same reply window.

Add your reply, then hit the post button and your done.

If you wanted to reply to any seperate quotes in between quoted text, just type it in before you quote/paste the subsequent quote. It’s a lot easier doing interspersed replying this way than trying to figure out where in a multiquoted reply window the actually break is from one quote to the next.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks, Kevin, that really makes sense.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks, Kyle, looking forward to having a good time here and learning a lot. Sounds like you know the story of “smallerstick”.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Welcome Peter, I just joined a short time ago too. Cool place. Oh, and you’re in my neighbourhood. I am about an hour or so away.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Welcome to BTP Peter. I’m not Canadian but there are a lot of good people from all over on BTP.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Welcome, soon enough we will have enough Ontarians to start a chapter lol

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

There are almost enough BTP members in my area to have a BTP barbecue and get together ! 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There are almost enough BTP members in my area to have a BTP barbecue and get together ! 🙂

Or your own hockey team. Man BTP is sure popular in Canada.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Welcome to BTP smallerstick. Will be looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

There are almost enough BTP members in my area to have a BTP barbecue and get together ! :-)

Or your own hockey team. Man BTP is sure popular in Canada.

Cool, if they need a goaler I’m ready lol

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

There are almost enough BTP members in my area to have a BTP barbecue and get together ! :-)

it would be interesting to have a bbq, we should do one after the pan am games though. lol

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Welcome Peter! Great place here. Take the time to figure out how this forum functions versus the other ones out there, but it’s well worth the effort once you do.

I’m sure you don’t realize it yet, but back to back, or also referred to as ‘double posting’ is frowned upon here. Moderator @dabbs put up the link for some of the FAQ’s I believe that covers this.

While multiquoting from multiple posts into one post is not the same as what you’re used to, you can do it here.

Just either hit the quote buton of the posts you want to quote in it’s entirety, or highpight first the part of a post you want to quote only, then hit the ‘quote’ button at the top of the post. That will populate it in your reply box at the bottom.

To multiquote, you can just continue by going into another post and doing the same thing, and it will also populate further down in the same reply directly below the previous one you quoted into the same reply window.

Add your reply, then hit the post button and your done.

If you wanted to reply to any seperate quotes in between quoted text, just type it in before you quote/paste the subsequent quote. It’s a lot easier doing interspersed replying this way than trying to figure out where in a multiquoted reply window the actually break is from one quote to the next.

Any tips on multi quoting from a mobile device?

Doobie

Any tips on multi quoting from a mobile device?

No clue. I never use my phone to be on the forum. Sorry Tony.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.376 seconds