dcsimg

another bandsaw thread

• This topic has 50 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by r-ice.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have a 14in floor model Delta I bought 13 years ago. It is Made In The USA and is actually the exact same model that Norm on NYW used on his show. I expect it will last me the rest of my days.

@Doobie
    You have the cousin to my Rockwell 14″, Made in Canada somewhere aount the late 70’s early 80’s.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I think the garage is 14′ X 23′ , a small single car garage. 10′ ceilings though.

Sounds to me like it is time to add onto the garage!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

yellaD
    Pro

Thanks @doobie, that’s something no one thinks about at the time of purchase. Because of the posts earlier in this thread, I would buy Grizzly before anything else. The price point vs stats seems good.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks @doobie, that’s something no one thinks about at the time of purchase. Because of the posts earlier in this thread, I would buy Grizzly before anything else. The price point vs stats seems good.

Grizzly or Laguna seem to be the favourites in new machines. The older Delta and Rockwell models and their Asian clones are reliable workhorses. Biggest drawback is lack of dust collection. That can be remedied with some juryrigged fix.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

yellaD
    Pro

Grizzly or Laguna seem to be the favourites in new machines. The older Delta and Rockwell models and their Asian clones are reliable workhorses. Biggest drawback is lack of dust collection. That can be remedied with some juryrigged fix.

I use a Delta a lot and they are good. I saw one on Kijiji for $400 but for double the price I can get a NEW Grizzly, which might be worth the extra $$.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I use a Delta a lot and they are good. I saw one on Kijiji for $400 but for double the price I can get a NEW Grizzly, which might be worth the extra $$.

$400 is on the high side of the market for sure. I have seen them from 150 to 3 or so with most around 2 – 250. Not a huge investment until you know how much use it will be getting.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

yellaD
    Pro

Go to the 5:00 mark and on for re-sawing by hand.

Doobie

I have a 14in floor model Delta I bought 13 years ago. It is Made In The USA and is actually the exact same model that Norm on NYW used on his show. I expect it will last me the rest of my days.

@Doobie,
    You have the cousin to my Rockwell 14″, Made in Canada somewhere aount the late 70’s early 80’s.

Very similar Frank. Here she is….

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

At that price you might as well go for broke and get a higher end one. Grizzlies aren’t bad but if I had the choice i’d choose something better.

yellaD
    Pro

At that price you might as well go for broke and get a higher end one. Grizzlies aren’t bad but if I had the choice i’d choose something better.

I wish I could go for broke :), the Grizzly was good value IMO..not the “best”.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I wish I could go for broke :), the Grizzly was good value IMO..not the “best”.

Lol laguna all the way, or i am sure the porter cable one at lowes is decent. I mean I have the pc drill press from lowes and it seems to work great for what I need it to do.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.406 seconds