dcsimg

Angle grinder dust shrouds

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

@Miamicuse oh well to bad about all those cons ,
    Will you try to see if it fits better on another brand of grinder ? I assume it should.

Doobie

Will you try to see if it fits better on another brand of grinder ? I assume it should.

I’m inclined to think that unlike accessory wheels dust shrouds are proprietor and such only work on the brands they are made for. Please, correct me if I’m wrong, it’s always been a given to me with such add-ons.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

No it won’t fit on other brands. Actually it would only fit on some Bosch 4.5/5 grinders not all. It listed what models it’s compatible with. Bosch makes a bunch of shrouds some for cutting some for grinding, and they all have certain model compatibility.

I think one issue is the only real connection between the shroud and the grinder is the hole where you screw in your handle. You fit your grinder over that hole, then tighten your handle. That secures the shroud, then you insert the cutting wheel and tighten with a spanner wrench but by then the shroud is in the way of the wrench. It’s just not a very well thought out accessory in my opinion.

The X-lock would make this easier I am sure. I wonder if there would be shrouds for the X-lock.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@boschmanbrian

No it won’t fit on other brands. Actually it would only fit on some Bosch 4.5/5 grinders not all. It listed what models it’s compatible with. Bosch makes a bunch of shrouds some for cutting some for grinding, and they all have certain model compatibility.

I think one issue is the only real connection between the shroud and the grinder is the hole where you screw in your handle. You fit your grinder over that hole, then tighten your handle. That secures the shroud, then you insert the cutting wheel and tighten with a spanner wrench but by then the shroud is in the way of the wrench. It’s just not a very well thought out accessory in my opinion.

The X-lock would make this easier I am sure. I wonder if there would be shrouds for the X-lock.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Okay okay I heard you the first time 🤭🤭 , to bad about that , I would definitely like to update to the x lock , I picked up these from work , makes for a easy change also

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.365 seconds