dcsimg

amish show

• This topic has 89 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Nyx.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    staker
    Pro

A lot of the old shops were line shaft. Their are a lot of Mennonites moving to are area as they sold off their land down south as the soil was used up. They made a fortune selling it to developers, They kind of got the camp surrounded

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find their way of life very interesting, but I don’t put any faith in getting a true representation of anything on reality television.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Do the Amish use gas powered miter saws or how exactly does that sort of thing work?

They are allowed to use electric tools but they cant own them .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do the Amish use gas powered miter saws or how exactly does that sort of thing work?

Well that seems like a rather silly rule

Have anyone seen the show Amish mafia .

Always willing to learn .

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

yeah, it is in my opinion. i dont understand the logic behind being able operate and use heavy machinery or power tools or a car even as long as you dont own it. always a van riding a bunch of amish around at local job sites around here. they cant drive it and they cant own it but they can ride in it. i dont get it.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

yeah, it is in my opinion. i dont understand the logic behind being able operate and use heavy machinery or power tools or a car even as long as you dont own it. always a van riding a bunch of amish around at local job sites around here. they cant drive it and they cant own it but they can ride in it. i dont get it.

I take a Amish guy to town all the time in my Camaro ๐Ÿ™‚

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I take a Amish guy to town all the time in my Camaro

so basically you make him wish he wasnt amish so he could drive a car like your camero all the time? ๐Ÿ™‚

staker
    Pro

We have mennonites here that have internet in the barn but not allowed in the house, for smart cows.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Happy cows are tasty cows.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

84 lumber uses Amish crews out here. I sided a house those guys framed. They did such a bad job.

They also just had some dude who drove the van, and sat in the van the whole day while they worked.

In My area there are a couple decent Amish crews and then a bunch of really bad ones. They are cheap and quick.

The funny thing about these shows is I believe true Amish aren’t allowed to have their photo taken or be on TV. Something to do with their religion and vanity.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

In My area there are a couple decent Amish crews and then a bunch of really bad ones. They are cheap and quick.

The funny thing about these shows is I believe true Amish arenโ€™t allowed to have their photo taken or be on TV. Something to do with their religion and vanity.

I know the amish mafia one is all ex-amish and mennonites, no actual amish people are in the show.

The rule with the tools is because they don’t feel that electricity or tool are a bad thing, but keeping a cretin distance from them helps keep one grounded and less chance to stray and get in trouble. Very good friend of our is old church and he doesn’t use them. His brother lives in another community and that all he uses. Funny in some ways because a densely populated area of Amish may have several churches and each vary to some degree.

84 lumber uses Amish crews out here. I sided a house those guys framed. They did such a bad job.

They also just had some dude who drove the van, and sat in the van the whole day while they worked.

Van sitter must be a god gig .

Always willing to learn .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Sure, if you want diabetes

Van sitter must be a god gig .

Depends , some pay decent , some are 25 to 50 bucks a day. Now going out of town is fun. We don;t charge, but heard what some of them pay. You can do all right. Plus they pick up your food on the road and treat you pretty nice while you are at their place ( or relatives place)

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

At some point the retputation for “Amish quality” was thrown out and the make money at any cost mentality was adopted by many Amish crews. I can’t say this is any different than other ethnicities/races out there though. In order to be more competitive, you have to be faster in some respects. Sometimes this translates to poor work, other times it means working smarter.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

You could replace Amish with White or Hispanic and it would be the same thing here.

You could replace Amish with White or Hispanic and it would be the same thing here.

Yes I agree. You can be any religion or race and still be a hack…lol.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 2.206 seconds