dcsimg

amish show

• This topic has 89 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Nyx.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    staker
    Pro

A new reno show called ( Amish renogades ).

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The guys on the show were part of the Vanilla Ice Goes Amish show, so I guess it’s a spin off. While it seems entertaining enough, like most of the other shows of this nature they don’t show a tenth of the work required to do the job. It’s all for ratings, etc.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Do the Amish use gas powered miter saws or how exactly does that sort of thing work?

John S

kzcarp
    Pro

They seemed to be plugged in when I was watching it. I’m not sure how that works. But then these guys are driving around in a red convertible mustang, sooo.

kevin

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

The Amish have different sects, some won’t touch electric tools, appliances, cars etc; some are allowed to use certain things, others drive, etc.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kzcarp
    Pro

We have Amish here, no clue as to which sect, also Mennonite, and they dress similar to the Amish, but drive and use power tools phones, all the good stuff.

kevin

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The Amish have different sects, some won’t touch electric tools, appliances, cars etc; some are allowed to use certain things, others drive, etc.

They told one of their clients that they could use the tools/car, but not own them. So as long as they have generous friends, they are good to go.

Jon P.
    Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Do the Amish use gas powered miter saws or how exactly does that sort of thing work?

The ones Amish cabinet shop here uses a DeWalt miter saw that has been fitted with an air motor. I have a pic somewhere.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Attachments:
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

We have Amish here, no clue as to which sect, also Mennonite, and they dress similar to the Amish, but drive and use power tools phones, all the good stuff.

kevin

There are a lot of Mennonites in this area too.

They told one of their clients that they could use the tools/car, but not own them. So as long as they have generous friends, they are good to go.

I know what one of the communities here did is they bought a passenger van but a friend (non Amish) of the community drives the van dropping them off at stores, jobsites, etc. We have another community in the area that is horse and buggy all the way.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I saw a video one time (might be here) that showed an Amish wood shop. All the power tools like a drill press, table saw, miter saw, planer, and a belt sander were lined up in a row. The electric motors were removed and all the tools attached to a drive line with gears. Outside the drive line was attached to a turnstile being turned by a draft horse. So I guess you could say everything was one hp.

We have some Amish near here. Their division seems to be that personal items must be primitive. ie gas lights, no tv, no phone, etc. Work items can be as modern as they can afford. Tractors, tools, dairy parlors, etc. Only way to tell these from non-Amish is the Amish items are usually cleaner, shinier, and generally in better shape. They seem to be very good at maintenance.

KenW
    Pro

Vanilla Ice? I didn’t see that. But if I remember correctly Pairs Hilton went Amish one time didn’t she?

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

No she went all Arkansas. If in doubt if someone from Arkansas or is Amish look at their feet. Shoes = Amish.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

No she went all Arkansas. If in doubt if someone from Arkansas or is Amish look at their feet. Shoes = Amish.

No shoe stores in Arkansas after all of these years?

Jon P.
    Instagram

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

<P>Do the Amish use gas powered miter saws or how exactly does that sort of thing work?</P>

<P>The ones Amish cabinet shop here uses a DeWalt miter saw that has been fitted with an air motor… .</P>

So what compresses the air?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Tried watching a few of the Vanilla Ice episodes but wasn’t easy to find. Guess it wasn’t very popular. Maybe this show will be a little easier to find and watch. Thanks for the heads up

A Working Pro since 2004

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Around here where I live the Amish are allowed to use electric tools but they cant own any .

Anonymous
    Inactive

The ones Amish cabinet shop here uses a DeWalt miter saw that has been fitted with an air motor. I have a pic somewhere.

Boy, I’d hate to be the one that has to blow on the hose.

staker
    Pro

Maybe they have big bellow.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

<P>Do the Amish use gas powered miter saws or how exactly does that sort of thing work?</P>

<P>The ones Amish cabinet shop here uses a DeWalt miter saw that has been fitted with an air motor… .</P>

So what compresses the air?

They have a diesel generator powering a compressor that is running into 2 60 gal air tanks. All of the power tools they use on installs are pneumatic.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

These Amish Reno-gades have a festool ts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Steve

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.932 seconds