dcsimg

Aluminum Race Trailer Cabinets

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s my latest metal work, Not done yet but here’s a pic of the cabinets I’m making

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Lookin good Boyd ! What did you use on top of the base frames ? The red ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Charlie, 5/8″ plywood covered with a glossy finish red laminate.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

What are your plans for the openings ? I see you have some pictures taped up that have a similar design.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the upper cab I’m going to fill the center and each end with stationary red laminate covered plywood panels, I’ll be mounting a stereo in the center one with speakers in each end, Probably put some wall lights above the speakers too. The larger openings will be doors made the same way

Anonymous
    Inactive

Those pictures taped on the wall are of the factory cabinets they offer, They were a $1000 option, Figured I could make them myself cheaper and redesign them a bit the way I want.

That looks great Boyd… what will it end up running you?? And that is in your trailer, I assume?

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

@John Thanks, Yes that’s in the front V-nose of the trailer. On the cost? Well…..It ain’t over yet LOL, When I started I thought I had access to a shear and brake and would have spent about $120 for the aluminum. That fell through and I had to pay to have the aluminum sheet cut and bent. That drove the cost up tremendously ($600). The laminate was $170, Plywood $75. Misc ??? I didn’t save anything Hahaha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s a progress report. it’s taking shape.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Is that a sub woofer system ????? That should shake the doors loose on your trailer (( man cave)) !! Keep posting your progress pictures ! It’s great to see a project step by step !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, Gotta have a sub-woofer LOL. I temporarily wired it last night to see how it worked. Oh MY, I’m worried that the vibration will loosen the bond between the outside sheets, It’s a screwless design. I’ve started on the doors today, Maybe have pics soon

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

@JohnS It looks like Boyd has surpassed any budget he may have had LOL

Haha Charles that tends to be the way all projects go, I’m afraid

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh boy did I LOL. And once I passed it I figured might as well go for it. And, Once I realized what I’ve spent I’ve learned that IF ya say it really fast it doesn’t seem to hurt so bad LMAO.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another update, I’ve been a little busy. Cut and fit a door, And added lights and a converter

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Moving right along ! What’s up with the tire in the center panel ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh yeah LOL, That’s a clock I bought for it. I’ll post a close up

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

OH, I thought it was a spare for one of your “toys”

Anonymous
    Inactive

It has a neon light too, I thought it was going to be a red or white light but it’s more like pinkish or purple LOL. The light plugs into 120v but has a transformer that reduces it to 12v. I’m thinking I can by-pass that and wire it direct to the 12v circuit. Maybe??

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Now that’s really cool !! I can see how you blew right past your budget 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.359 seconds