dcsimg

Alpine Climbing yesterday

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Funny how those things change some of the things we do.

now on the other hand my kid now does thing I never did. He free dives down 120 feet like it’s nothing??? He plays with sharks……..

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

now on the other hand my kid now does thing I never did. He free dives down 120 feet like it’s nothing??? He plays with sharks……..

I think that is only because you have provided him with opportunities that we never had.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think that is only because you have provided him with opportunities that we never had.

I don’t give him the sharks.

Went to the “Old Man of the Mountain” yesterday. I think it is the only place in the whole US that the Interstate purposely goes to one lane. Quite the picturesque place. Overused though, badly. Lots of people…and trash.

This is looking across at Mount Lafayette, which I climbed last year. One of the most popular peaks to climb in NH.

When we got to the top, it was a tourist attraction. No kidding. It’s on a ski resort, and the tram goes up in the summer. A short walk goes to a huge observation deck. While we were up there, a glider went nearly directly overhead. Pretty cool.

Not sure how many know of the “Old Man of the Mountain”. Its the historic face on the NH plates, which sadly fell to it’s demise in 2003. The White Mountains are a pretty historic place. One of, if not the first recreational area in the US way back when.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Great pictures, Kent. I’m jealous!!

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Beautiful pic Kent! We lost 2 this week in outdoor activitys, One was a navy seal. Sad really is.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I don’t give him the sharks.

That’s nuts!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Not sure how many know of the “Old Man of the Mountain”. Its the historic face on the NH plates, which sadly fell to it’s demise in 2003. The White Mountains are a pretty historic place. One of, if not the first recreational area in the US way back when.

I’ve seen him quite a few times. Sad that I will never have the opportunity to show my kids.

I climbed Mount Eisenhower today, which is part of the Presidential Range (Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Pierce, Jackson, Monroe). Mount Washington has some of the roughest, and wildest weather in the world. Believe it or not, it is on the top ten list for most dangerous mountain in the world. Did I mention that already? Eisenhower is just south of Washington.

Anyway, there’s this sign right before you poke out to the alpine zone. Today…it seemed quite brisk. I know that the wind is relative and seems stronger than it really is, but it was pretty intense today. Gusts would move my foot a good 15″ or so from where I wanted it to plant. Being quite rainy today and on rocky terrain…not good. Glad it was only for 1/4 mile or so. Expended more energy in that 1/4 mile than I did in 3 miles of climbing.

Here we go. Honestly, I don’t like climbing in this kind of weather in the least bit. My son and I have a pretty sizable mountain to climb beginning of July, so I need to get in my miles.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The way the wind is blowing I don’t see how anyone would do any walking let alone climb.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The last time I hiked up a mountian, we got to the tree line and a lightning storm hit. Thank god it didn’t stick around long.

I think that you would like it here Kent, a lot of 14’ers here.

Oh, I’m heading that way sometime. That one I posted with the knife edge? Some day….some day….

Got a place for me to shack up? A shed or something? 🙂 Might be bugging Mark as well, some nice places in CA. Even Canada, eh?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here we go. Honestly, I don’t like climbing in this kind of weather in the least bit. My son and I have a pretty sizable mountain to climb beginning of July, so I need to get in my miles.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y_rFvj1LoaA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

That look like our Manoa valley, rains like that everyday. The water falls are always going.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Got a place for me to shack up? A shed or something?

We might be able to work something out if I’m still here.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Are you on the move? They always looking for cops out here ya know.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Are you on the move? They always looking for cops out here ya know.

Oh, no, I don’t want to do that any more. I would rather come and hand you nails and things. We haven’t totally decided yet, still talking about it.

Went to the Pemigewasset Wilderness today (still in the White Mountains of NH), this is a huge chunk of land that has zero roads in it. Quite the enormous wilderness area. The mountain loop hike is 32 miles, we did a wee small bit of it today.

Section is called Zeacliff, and what an incredible view. Can’t take a good enough picture to transfer the astounding expanse of this place.

Full trip pictures, and bigger sizes here:

https://www.facebook.com/kent.whitten.5/media_set?set=a.798062760213080.1073741860.100000280897819&type=1

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Great pics. That looks like a really nice area Kent.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.401 seconds