dcsimg

All your work boot questions

• This topic has 101 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by RonW.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i dont think its listed anywhere. cant hurt to use silicone spray right off the bat though for an additional layer of protection

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I finally got a response from Keen, they are sending me a new pair of boots in the mail. The issue I had was one of the metal hooks for the laces broke off. It did take a while to get in contact with them but in the end they stand by their product so I’m happy.

KenW
    Pro

I’ve really enjoyed my Keen work boots. I have the Braddock brown leather version, which was my first point redemption after joining BTP. That was 22 months ago and many a mile spent wearing them.

The last month or so the right boot has developed a leak. The cold weather really has given evidence to it. So much I decided to purchase a new pair. A call to Keen and a chat with their sales rep really gave me a surprise. It seems the boot has a two year warranty from leaking. So on the representatives advice I filed a warranty claim.

Tonight I received a great response. And as simple as that a replacement pair are on the way. Totally amazing customer service.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’ve really enjoyed my Keen work boots. I have the Braddock brown leather version, which was my first point redemption after joining BTP. That was 22 months ago and many a mile spent wearing them.

The last month or so the right boot has developed a leak. The cold weather really has given evidence to it. So much I decided to purchase a new pair. A call to Keen and a chat with their sales rep really gave me a surprise. It seems the boot has a two year warranty from leaking. So on the representatives advice I filed a warranty claim.

Tonight I received a great response. And as simple as that a replacement pair are on the way. Totally amazing customer service.

That is great customer service.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Do you get to keep the leaky boots??

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I got a replacement pair from keen and they never asked me to send back the old ones

KenW
    Pro

YES! So I have some kicks for really nasty dirty jobs too

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Oh that’s nice of them. Never hurts to have a pair around for farm work. lol

Ron

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s good, Those can still be used for the dry summer days. Man I bet it’s cold and wet up there now..

KenW
    Pro

I bet it’s cold and wet up there now.

Twas a nippy 7 degrees this morning. The new insulated boots combined with some blended wool socks kept my feet toasty the whole day.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I ended up switching back to redwing work boots, way too many issues with the keen boots

Doobie

I ended up switching back to redwing work boots, way too many issues with the keen boots

Nice boots Kyle! Shame you were having issues with Keen boots. Some brands can just be troublesome and you basically gotta just leave behind. Hopefully you won’t have trouble with the Redwings.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Nice boots Kyle! Shame you were having issues with Keen boots. Some brands can just be troublesome and you basically gotta just leave behind. Hopefully you won’t have trouble with the Redwings.

My last pair of redwings lasted me two years and then I got them re-soled at the redwing factory. I actually still have them and keep them in my car for a backup pair. Hopefully I get the same quality with these ones. I actually just took them in to get some toe caps put on this morning.

Those are very nice looking boots Kyle,
    I bet they are very comfortable also,
    Nice to hear you have had great service out of the other Redwing boots.

Doobie

I can’t recall for sure, but did you have a pair of the Keen slip on boots that pooched on you, or were they a lace up type.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I can’t recall for sure, but did you have a pair of the Keen slip on boots that pooched on you, or were they a lace up type.

I had the slip on ones too

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Sorry to hear that @kswiss! I switched to Keen Braddock’s from their cheaper Detroit model and haven’t had any issues. This is after going through 5 pairs of Detroit a in 2-3 years…perhaps some are just built better than others?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sorry to hear that @kswiss! I switched to Keen Braddock’s from their cheaper Detroit model and haven’t had any issues. This is after going through 5 pairs of Detroit a in 2-3 years…perhaps some are just built better than others?

The Braddock’s is a really comfortable boot. I did have one of the sole’s on my come off after about 16 months of use.

Ron

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I have about 5 months in on Keen “Pittsburgh” steel toe with hooks.

No problems, in fact I don’t think I have been happier with a pair of boots in years. I was always a Timberland guy.

I have some Redwings for casual use and love them too. I have no doubt they make a good work boot.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have about 5 months in on Keen “Pittsburgh” steel toe with hooks.

I too use Keen steel toe. They been going for a long time now. Very comfortable.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.573 seconds