dcsimg

All your work boot questions

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

@doobie i have had soles split.. the stithcing lets go at the high flex points like at the side and at the back of the heel within a few weeks.. ive worn through soles quickly and even bought the more expensive boots which offer more cushioning which is known to wear out quicker than a firmer midsole..problem being the more you weigh or lug heavier items the cushioning compresses quicker. thus me being a bit of a work horse for the crew no thanks to my gym routine i get stuck being the guy who carries the heavy end of beams solo or even cast iron rads

Thanks for the reply. So it’s the boot’s sole that gets a crushing you are referring to, not just the padded insert?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Got a response from keen, they said that they would definitely send me some new laces. I ended up just contacting them through instagram.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Got a response from keen, they said that they would definitely send me some new laces. I ended up just contacting them through instagram.

What will you do in the time till you get the new laces?? Do you have extra boots?
    I pick up some heavy duty laces from the my local boot shop and they last longer than the boot.

woodman_412

I haven’t heard back from Keen yet but it sounds like they send laces for free from what you guys are saying. I really like the laces that came with my boots since they stay tied and they look good too.

Dan

danpattison.com

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

What will you do in the time till you get the new laces?? Do you have extra boots?
    I pick up some heavy duty laces from the my local boot shop and they last longer than the boot.

I still have my redwing boots but I’ll probably just grab a pair of laces to hold me over until the replacements arrive.

I haven’t heard back from Keen yet but it sounds like they send laces for free from what you guys are saying. I really like the laces that came with my boots since they stay tied and they look good too.

Try contacting keen Canada on instagram Dan, they got back to me pretty quick

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@woodman_412 did you hear back from keen? I just got an email today confirming that they’ll be shipping the new laces out right away. Now I have another issue though, one of the hooks for the laces broke off so I’ll have to see what they want to do about it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice they offer free laces. The laces that come with the shoes are always the best.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

woodman_412 did you hear back from keen? I just got an email today confirming that they’ll be shipping the new laces out right away. Now I have another issue though, one of the hooks for the laces broke off so I’ll have to see what they want to do about it.

No I haven’t heard anything back from Keen yet Kyle. How long was it from the time you contacted them to when they got back to you?

Dan

danpattison.com

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

No I haven’t heard anything back from Keen yet Kyle. How long was it from the time you contacted them to when they got back to you?

I sent them a message on instagram on the Friday and they got back to me on the Saturday. Then they just emailed me yesterday to ask what colour I want.

woodman_412

I sent them a message on instagram on the Friday and they got back to me on the Saturday. Then they just emailed me yesterday to ask what colour I want.

Good to know, thanks Kyle. If I don’t hear back from them soon I’ll try an Instagram message.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

now you gotta make sure you pick up some sno seal and or some neatsfoot oil so you can keep those babies fresh longer.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

now you gotta make sure you pick up some sno seal and or some neatsfoot oil so you can keep those babies fresh longer

Ya I will for sure, has anyone done a warranty claim for a pair of keen boots from btp? I’m just wondering if I should go through the keen website or not? I emailed Jim already but he hasn’t got back to me about it yet.

My new Keens have laces with like ribs to hold on better . There not smooth at all . Maybe there new design

Always willing to learn .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@keen_utility how does the warranty process work with btp redemptions?

Doobie

@keen_utility how does the warranty process work with btp redemptions?

I can’t say for 100%, but I would imagine it is no different than if you bought them yourself. Why would it be?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I can’t say for 100%, but I would imagine it is no different than if you bought them yourself. Why would it be?

Well I emailed Jim and he wanted to make sure that we have a clear answer here in case any of the other members were wondering too. If you had looked at the warranty claim form on the Keen website then you would see that they ask a few questions about the retailer where the product was purchased.

woodman_412

I heard back from Keen yesterday and they are sending me out some new laces for my boots. That’s pretty awesome customer service to provide free replacement laces.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

@doobie i have had soles split.. the stithcing lets go at the high flex points like at the side and at the back of the heel within a few weeks.. ive worn through soles quickly and even bought the more expensive boots which offer more cushioning which is known to wear out quicker than a firmer midsole..problem being the more you weigh or lug heavier items the cushioning compresses quicker. thus me being a bit of a work horse for the crew no thanks to my gym routine i get stuck being the guy who carries the heavy end of beams solo or even cast iron rads

Thanks for the reply. So it’s the boot’s sole that gets a crushing you are referring to, not just the padded insert?

yes its the midsole portion of the boot which provides cushioning.. the same happens to sneakers as well. once that is compressed to a certain point thye no longer provide proper support and shock aborption when in them

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Doobie

yes its the midsole portion of the boot which provides cushioning.. the same happens to sneakers as well. once that is compressed to a certain point thye no longer provide proper support and shock aborption when in them

I’ve had that happen before. I learned a long time ago a lesson that when I do see it happening to trash them right away.

I was working as a front of store service clerk in a grocery store as a teenager when it happened to one of my shoes early on a busy shift. I ended up with my toes getting mashed and overheated in my shoes and it took like a month or so for my fpaked of mashed skin to grow back to normal. Not something I ever wanted to happen to me again.

Does anyone know how long keen original shoe polish lasts before you need to apply some kind of protection . Is it like three to six months of use .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.651 seconds