dcsimg

All your work boot questions

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    KenW
    Pro

@KEEN_UTILITY has the ordering of the Keen shoes & boots off list changed? We can not check out with out paying the shipping?? Is this new or a glitch??

Did you get a new pair? Which ones?
    I don’t know if it’s a glitch or not. I did have to pay shipping before checking out on an order this week. Wasn’t a big amount and definitely not a deal breaker for me.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

@KEEN_UTILITY has the ordering of the Keen shoes & boots off list changed? We can not check out with out paying the shipping?? Is this new or a glitch??

Did you get a new pair? Which ones?
    I don’t know if it’s a glitch or not. I did have to pay shipping before checking out on an order this week. Wasn’t a big amount and definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Yea ordered another pair. I went for the Mt Vernon 6″
    One of my Braddock’s soles be started to split/crack at the ball of the foot.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I like the Keen work boots. I may have to get another pair for this Season coming up. Still have last years pair but riding up the wall wears them out a little faster.

A Working Pro since 2004

yellaD
    Pro

i never understood the names, like why is there one named oshawa? i live in oshawa, so is it named after the city i live in?

@r-ice,
    Maybe it’s just a dirty boot? LOL 😉 I’d like to know how they come up with these names.

LOL. I do want those too. I wonder how much stats and demographics play into choosing names. Obv. Pitt/Hamilton has the “Steeltown” moniker for their corresponding countries, so it makes sense for a workboot name…

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i never understood the names, like why is there one named oshawa? i live in oshawa, so is it named after the city i live in?

@r-ice,
    Maybe it’s just a dirty boot? LOL 😉 I’d like to know how they come up with these names.

LOL. I do want those too. I wonder how much stats and demographics play into choosing names. Obv. Pitt/Hamilton has the “Steeltown” moniker for their corresponding countries, so it makes sense for a workboot name…

or perhaps GMC here in oshawa decide to make a large purchase of boots and thus named it the oshawa boot.

woodman_412

Have any of you guys ordered replacement laces for your Keen boots? I sent in a request today to Keen for replacement laces for my Oshawa Mid boots since one of the laces is coming apart. The Keen website is a little vague about how exactly it works and what the cost is but I did submit a request today and I’m waiting to hear back. Just curious if anyone else has done that.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i love the keen boots.. ive only had issues with 2 of 6 pairs.. the first was a pair of hamiltons but it was my own fault.. they got soaked and i set them too close to the electric rad.. the sole blistered from the heat.. the other was the doverlands the sides blew out after 6 months

currently i have the oshawa lows and the oshawa black high tops. both are awesome

regarding the shoe lace thing, ive had to replace laces on two pairs of the 3 hamiltons ive owned. one pair came with spare laces actually and the others i just put hockey skate laces in them

im actually looking on the canadian keen site right now, they have a new color in the hamilton available and theres a new style the hudson which looks prett sweet

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Have any of you guys ordered replacement laces for your Keen boots? I sent in a request today to Keen for replacement laces for my Oshawa Mid boots since one of the laces is coming apart. The Keen website is a little vague about how exactly it works and what the cost is but I did submit a request today and I’m waiting to hear back. Just curious if anyone else has done that.

I’m thinking my little brother @KenW got a replacement set. Maybe he can chime in on it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

KenW
    Pro

I searched around for replacement Keen laces for my boots without luck. I contacted customer support hoping they would sell me a pair after my dog decided to chew one lace in two. They wouldn’t sell me any, but did send me a free replacement because Keen laces have a lifetime warranty.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

anyone have a pair of the Pittsburgh’s (steel or soft) with some miles on them?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

anyone have a pair of the Pittsburgh’s (steel or soft) with some miles on them?

I purchased the Pittsburgh Soft Toe Work Boot a few weeks ago. I had to jump on them because Keen had them on sale.
    I wore them for a few weeks and now I spend more time in class than out in the field.
    Definitely some comfy boots. But atm I keep wearing the Braddock Low Soft Toe.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I need some new laces too I guess I’ll be contacting keen tomorrow to see about some replacements

Doobie

I have never heard of, nor would I have ever imagined that laces would be a warranty covered item. Good to know. Now I love all my Keens that much more.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Are they really warranty covered or will they just send you new ones as a customer satisfaction thing?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Are they really warranty covered or will they just send you new ones as a customer satisfaction thing?

In my experience they asked for a picture or two of the issue and sent a code for a new pair via their website.

Nice to see you!

A Working Pro since 2004

KenW
    Pro

It was a couple years ago when I got my replacement laces and I’m sure things have changed.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have the hamilton which is the same boot as the pittsburgh.. two pairs laster me about 13 months.. pretty sweet since prior to wearing keens i was lucky if my boots lasted 5 months

KenW
    Pro

I have to say, my Braddok’s have lasted a fair time. I’m over 2 years in them and no issues. The foundry I work at is a salty environment so I’ve taken to oiling them once a month or so.

Doobie

i have the hamilton which is the same boot as the pittsburgh.. two pairs laster me about 13 months.. pretty sweet since prior to wearing keens i was lucky if my boots lasted 5 months

Still, that’s a short time for me if footwear wore that fast. You must really work hard a lot! What typically wears them out? Split soles, leather breaks, etc?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

@doobie i have had soles split.. the stithcing lets go at the high flex points like at the side and at the back of the heel within a few weeks.. ive worn through soles quickly and even bought the more expensive boots which offer more cushioning which is known to wear out quicker than a firmer midsole..problem being the more you weigh or lug heavier items the cushioning compresses quicker. thus me being a bit of a work horse for the crew no thanks to my gym routine i get stuck being the guy who carries the heavy end of beams solo or even cast iron rads

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.525 seconds