dcsimg

All your work boot questions

This topic contains 101 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if anyone here used any inserts and if you guys liked any in particular… I always thought of them as a reactive means of helping with pain and not proactive… anyone use them to prevent pain?

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i use them to prevent pain. if i dont wear them my right ankle folds do to a collapsed arch.. this in turn causes severe pain in my knee after a couple of days.. i wear inserts that i buy at marks work wearhouse. most high end running shoe stores sell the same sort of thing

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Mine are for pain also. If I don’t wear them I am almost cripple by the end of the week. Back is the worse followed by knees and ankles then my feet get to hurting. I would fight to keep my inserts. They are that important to me.

How did people deal with all these problems 100 years ago? Are we just sissies nowadays? haha

John S

kzcarp
    Pro

Good point John, I don’t know. A hundred years ago the pain tolerance in general must have been way higher. All our basic needs are much more readily met nowadays.

kevin

Anonymous

John S wrote:How did people deal with all these problems 100 years ago? Are we just sissies nowadays? haha

I think we probably are but times were different back then, If you look back 100 years ago at old pictures or if you’e old enough to remember perhaps a grandparent or even a great grandparent you’ll notice a lot of the working men were half crippled, They couldn’t stand up straight or they walked like a cripple due to bad knees or had missing fingers or whatever. The Drs back then didn’t know very much compared to today and there was no government aid to help the working man like there is now. Either you worked through an injury or your family didn’t eat. We are lucky to live in a newer era for sure

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

You don’t know how comfortable your boots/shoes are until they are gone. I have a pair of Keen mid hikers that I have worn almost every day for a couple of months. Yesterday I got them very muddy and wet. I washed them off but they were too wet to wear today. I put on an old pair of work boots that I used to think were the best I owned. Not so much now. I was severly missing my Keen’s.

Sometimes we forget how good we have it until it is gone.

John S

KEEN_UTILITY
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

what actually constitutes a warrenty issue with a boot. when i was selling 12 years ago we would tell the customer that if the upper portion of the sneaker starts coming apart before the outsole is showing signs of wear its covered

Hi Jeff! Thanks for your question re: warranty issues. Every company has a different policy when it comes to warranty coverage and what they will do for customers. I can tell you our customer service team is incredibly dedicated and we as a brand stand behind our products 100 percent so if you ever have an issue with delamination or anything else, just contact customer service- we’re here to help!

KEEN_UTILITY
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Do they come in 11W or 11 1/2 W without steel toe ?

Hi Manuel! Our safety boots come in sizes up to 15 in some cases and yes, we offer soft and safety-toe options (Aluminum, Composite and Steel).

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Does anyone make a cost effective steel toe that is made out of carbon fiber or another super strong synthetic that weighs less and is possible more comfortable than steel?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

hey lauren,

thanks for the reply and welcome aboard here at BE THE PRO.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i meant to ask, do you know if the “detroit” boot will be released with a steel toe and protective shank in the sole? i love the pittsburghs/ hamiltons i bought back in the spring but will be looking for another pair of boots for hte winter that have a higher ankle yet still have hte hiker style

Oh Wow – I hadn’t realized we had somebody from Keen here to answer our questions – that is awesome! Thanks Lauren!

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i was talking to my neighbor who is the local keen rep here.. im trying to get him to sign up here or even just be a face in the crowd looking inward.. i was asking about what other boots will be coming available in canada soon. he mentioned the `winnipeg” however its not listed on the canadian keen page.. mind you the boots werent the reason for him stopping today. he needs a new deck built on his cottage so i might be talking care of it for him. 4 years ago i worked on the large addition on his house plus redid the defective composite deck last year

Lauren do you know which boot hes talking about, most of the styles go by a different name here in canada.

WoodDoc
    Pro

Heel straighteners fixed me right up. A by-product was a major reduction in back pain.

The more help for my back the better. I will totally look into those. I’ve heard of them but never heard anyone that actually confirmed those heel straighteners work.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@keen_utility has the ordering of the Keen shoes & boots off list changed? We can not check out with out paying the shipping?? Is this new or a glitch??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i was talking to my neighbor who is the local keen rep here.. im trying to get him to sign up here or even just be a face in the crowd looking inward.. i was asking about what other boots will be coming available in canada soon. he mentioned the `winnipeg” however its not listed on the canadian keen page.. mind you the boots werent the reason for him stopping today. he needs a new deck built on his cottage so i might be talking care of it for him. 4 years ago i worked on the large addition on his house plus redid the defective composite deck last year

Lauren do you know which boot hes talking about, most of the styles go by a different name here in canada.

i never understood the names, like why is there one named oshawa? i live in oshawa, so is it named after the city i live in?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

i never understood the names, like why is there one named oshawa? i live in oshawa, so is it named after the city i live in?

@r-ice,
    Maybe it’s just a dirty boot? LOL 😉 I’d like to know how they come up with these names.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

@keen_utility has the ordering of the Keen shoes & boots off list changed? We can not check out with out paying the shipping?? Is this new or a glitch??

I don’t know if it’s a glitch or not. I did have to pay shipping before checking out on an order this week. Wasn’t a big amount and definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.604 seconds