dcsimg

Airless Finish (Brad) Nailer

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Have you checked out port-cables new cordless nailers they sell at lowes . It runs just on battery I believe .

i didn’t realize porter cable came out with one, the battery looks pretty lightweight which is good. I personally have been considering one but haven’t decided on one.

Not sure about the porter cable … from what I see it’s fairly plain looking … I need to get hands on to get a feel for some tools.

A trip to one of the local Rona’s drew a complete blank … they had not a one in stock (except Paslode) and nor have they ever had one. The old fella in charge of the tool section looked at me blankly when I asked to see other ranges of battery (airless) nailers.

“You mean there are others?” He said ….. sigh!!!

Doesn’t surprise me at the least from the store carrying so few . They really should hire retired tradesmens . They who up sell on a lot of tools .

Always willing to learn .

Been real happy with our Dewalt framer. I am thinking their 16g nailer would be nice to have.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Millbank Country Hardware is having an open house next week with specials on most of their line. The red ones that have been mentioned here are on sale as are many of the others.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I like the review of that Senco Fusion. A bit expensive but doable.
    I used a Ryoby for couple of days and I liked that too ( compared to 18 gauge Dewalt that I didn’t like ). Different class, different money compared to Senco Fusion. But reliable.

Millbank Country Hardware is having an open house next week with specials on most of their line. The red ones that have been mentioned here are on sale as are many of the others.

The Millbank store is a fantastic place … we need more of those tool store around and not the big box types. Shut today … sigh!!!

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

So lads what did I plump for I here you all ask . I took yesterday off to head over to Millback Hardware and tool store as I was informed by @smallerstick (Peter) that they had a sale on.

Dewalt isle fair made my eyes water

What made Millwaulkee famous?

I brought this red beauty home

Fuel for thought …

Its in the bag …

Sigh … my first Millwaukee …

Charger and battery ready to go …

I looked at 3 gun’s the DeWalt 18V CORDLESS 2″ 18 GAUGE BRAD NAILER which seemed rather old school now and felt huge and cumbersome in my hand.

Next was the Makita
    which was a vast improvement on the DeWalt design and size wise.

I next looked at the Millwaukee you see above, and right away like what I saw.

Price wise the cheapest was the DeWalt at almost $300 plus bucks, next was the Millwaukee at $429

Then came the Makita at something like $465 … the problem was that was the tool only, I would have had to fork out more cash for a charger and battery.

The Millwaukee came as you see it as a kit, all in for the price you see.

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Congrats on that new purchase @JourneyMan Jim and I plan to meet up there today to have a look. It’s really quite a store, isn’t it?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Congrats. It’s a little bit different with the safety nose being on the bottom, it took me a few weeks to get used to it but now I love mine.

Awesome deal man we love all type of tools . Come back and give us yours thoughts on the new nailer you picked up how it worked for you .

Always willing to learn .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

So lads what did I plump for I here you all ask . I took yesterday off to head over to Millback Hardware and tool store as I was informed by @smallerstick (Peter) that they had a sale on.

Dewalt isle fair made my eyes water

What made Millwaulkee famous?

I brought this red beauty home

Fuel for thought …

Its in the bag …

Sigh … my first Millwaukee …

Charger and battery ready to go …

I looked at 3 gun’s the DeWalt 18V CORDLESS 2″ 18 GAUGE BRAD NAILER which seemed rather old school now and felt huge and cumbersome in my hand.

Next was the Makita
    which was a vast improvement on the DeWalt design and size wise.

I next looked at the Millwaukee you see above, and right away like what I saw.

Price wise the cheapest was the DeWalt at almost $300 plus bucks, next was the Millwaukee at $429

Then came the Makita at something like $465 … the problem was that was the tool only, I would have had to fork out more cash for a charger and battery.

The Millwaukee came as you see it as a kit, all in for the price you see.

That is a sweet little nail gun. Very red too. I was looking at 18 ga. nailers there too but nothing seriously. Of course I looked at a lot of things.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mervyn, congrats on the new nailer. Looks like you got a good deal on the kit.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@JourneyMan congrats on your new purchase,
    Looking forward to hearing what you think of the nailer after a few days / weeks.

Awesome deal, and good detail on why you chose it, which is what I really like to hear.

Will

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@journeyman congrats on your new purchase,
    Looking forward to hearing what you think of the nailer after a few days / weeks.

So many on here have had problems with the cordless nailers leaving the nails proud. Others no so hopefully you will give us your feedback.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Here is a link to an article comparing several of the cordless brad nailers on the market. Grex and Ridgid came out on top.

I really hate to see battery platform I have not measure up. without adding a platform, you have to deal with a substandard tool or go without. Bosch was not in the mix as they exited this market.

http://mydigimag.rrd.com/publication/frame.php?i=340035&p=22&pn=&ver=html5

Here is a link to an article comparing several of the cordless brad nailers on the market. Grex and Ridgid came out on top.

I really hate to see battery platform I have not measure up. without adding a platform, you have to deal with a substandard tool or go without. Bosch was not in the mix as they exited this market.

http://mydigimag.rrd.com/publication/frame.php?i=340035&p=22&pn=&ver=html5

Interesting article … thanks for sharing. Where I bought the gun give a satisfaction guarantee of 30 days. So no doubt I will be making that return if I’m not happy.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@journeyman if you looking for 16 gauge nailer bosch fnh180 offers great portability and it’s strong enough for lot of job and you can use ur current 18v bosch line with it

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

@journeyman if you looking for 16 gauge nailer bosch fnh180 offers great portability and it’s strong enough for lot of job and you can use ur current 18v bosch line with it

As you can see I went for the Millwalkee … had the store stocked Bosch and given me a demo I would have gone for the Bosch perhaps.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the bosch nailers were discontinued a while ago.. i also hate to say it but htey recieved very poor performance ratings.. i had spoke to brian campbell aka basswood about cordless nailers a couple years ago he stated that the bosch struggled to sink nails regulalry

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

the bosch nailers were discontinued a while ago.. i also hate to say it but htey recieved very poor performance ratings.. i had spoke to brian campbell aka basswood about cordless nailers a couple years ago he stated that the bosch struggled to sink nails regulalry

I have used the 16ga. A lot and it has a hard time coping. I am on my 3rd one now and it should last a long time because I don’t carry it with me.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.597 seconds