dcsimg

Airless Finish (Brad) Nailer

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author

After yesterday tripping over 50 odd feet of hose I decided that my next purchase should be a quality airless finish nailer. I used to own a Paslode back in Scotland with the gas cartridges but would like to stay away from that extra cost this time. If I can find one that also does staples that would be great.

My question is what do you lads recommend in the airless nailer department

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Makita has both 18 GA and a 23 Ga 18 V guns. I can not say anything bad about the Makita cordless line. th 18GA fires up to 2″ nails which is better than most. a lot are limited to 1 3/8″.

Some other Manufacturers do offer up to a 15 GA in airless.

90% of what we use for trim work is 18 Ga however.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I really like my Milwaukee fuel nailers. Some people don’t like them not for everyone but I absolutely love mine.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Cadex is a brand I keep seeing at Atlas and from what I have seen they are pretty sturdy. Maybe something to consider.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

After yesterday tripping over 50 odd feet of hose I decided that my next purchase should be a quality airless finish nailer.

Cut the hose, I have reduced my floor clutter by eliminating as many air tools as possible. Less clutter less noise without the constant air compressor clatter.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You look at Ridgid or Ryobi’s nailers . I think they have both stapler and nailer if your not going the paslode way which I highly recommend .

Always willing to learn .

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I am still hooked on my Paslodes but am interested in hearing everyones reccomendations

I would love cordless nailers but don’t use them enough to give up on my current “air” ones. I am in the shop only so don’t have to cart compressor and hoses to a job site. Milwaukee has had some good reviews on theirs and I believe there are some BTP members that have cordless nailers of their own that will probably add their comments. Is there a tool store nearby where you can go in and play with a couple?

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I bought a Hitachi cordless last year from a tool rental place. It uses a small battery and a fuel cell. At first, I didn’t like it, but it has been pretty dependable, and we use it quite a bit for smaller stuff. It is the 15ga, so it uses the same nails as our other nailers.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i recently reviewed the milwaukee 16 gauge straight nailer, i found several issues with it for which i am told milwaukee is unable to fix within the current tools design. the 15 gauge is much better , the 18 has its own list of problems as well.

is seems like the pasloads are still the overall winners,, though teh dewalts get good reviews their still massive and weigh a ton compared to paslode

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

i recently reviewed the milwaukee 16 gauge straight nailer, i found several issues with it for which i am told milwaukee is unable to fix within the current tools design. the 15 gauge is much better , the 18 has its own list of problems as well.

is seems like the pasloads are still the overall winners,, though teh dewalts get good reviews their still massive and weigh a ton compared to paslode

So will they do a second generation soon to fix those problems you and others have had .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

So will they do a second generation soon to fix those problems you and others have had .

Is that planned already or are you just guessing here?

What about Senco Fusion nailers?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Is that planned already or are you just guessing here?

What about Senco Fusion nailers?

I have 2 Fusions Haven’t used either one enough to offer much input. I will say, bar any problems that may crop up, I do like them so far.

I found a good review on the Fusion which I have to say I had never heard of, which is why I posed the question here in the first place.

https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/senco-fusion-f-18-cordless-finish-nailer

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I found a good review on the Fusion which I have to say I had never heard of, which is why I posed the question here in the first place.

https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/senco-fusion-f-18-cordless-finish-nailer

Very impressive review. I was not aware either of the new Fusion tools. Senco is a brand I have been familiar with for many years, excellent reputation for service in Canada, anyway, and reliable, durable tools.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

While that is a great review, the last thing I want to do is to add another battery platform for a single tool. @journeyman, what battery platforms are you running now and what ate the options in those lines?

If I wer to add a Battery operated nailer, I would stay in the Makita or Bosch platforms that I am running now, just for the sake that i have all of the extra batteries and chargers that I need to keep up with the tool. It is tough to keep up with Multible platforms and chargers especially for a single tool.

While that is a great review, the last thing I want to do is to add another battery platform for a single tool. @journeyman, what battery platforms are you running now and what ate the options in those lines?

If I wer to add a Battery operated nailer, I would stay in the Makita or Bosch platforms that I am running now, just for the sake that i have all of the extra batteries and chargers that I need to keep up with the tool. It is tough to keep up with Multible platforms and chargers especially for a single tool.

I run DeWalt for the most part but I am willing to mix and match for this one tool if I can find one to my liking.

Here is what I have found so far …

The Bosch 16 gauge nailer (https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/nailer-fnh180kl-16-50077-p/) looks great to me however I have read one or two reviews saying thats it’s less than reliable plus the nail sheets are angled and have to be brought in especially for it.

The Senco (https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/senco-fusion-f-18-cordless-finish-nailer) has batteries and a large gas container … while that looks a great nailer I think I’ll stay away from the extra cost of $175 plus each time you need to replace it.

The Ryobi Airstrike (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-AirStrike-18-Gauge-Cordless-Brad-Nailer-Tool-Only-P320/203810823) is one I am thinking of looking in to … not only will it use my stock of nails (18 gauge) but it comes at an affordable price $129 (without charger or battery). The charger ect will set me back another $60 or so.

Dewalt is out of the picture … no 18 gauge nailers as yet it seems.

Millwaulkee is also a contender with their M18 Feul range nailer (http://toolcraze.net/new-milwaukee-m18-fuel-finish-nailers-preview/) I like the fact that this nailer can take up to the 2 1/2 brads, and at 800 nails per charge this nailer would fit my needs too.

I’m going to check a few out today at one supplier … I will report back later

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Have you checked out port-cables new cordless nailers they sell at lowes . It runs just on battery I believe .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Have you checked out port-cables new cordless nailers they sell at lowes . It runs just on battery I believe .

i didn’t realize porter cable came out with one, the battery looks pretty lightweight which is good. I personally have been considering one but haven’t decided on one.

i didn’t realize porter cable came out with one, the battery looks pretty lightweight which is good. I personally have been considering one but haven’t decided on one.

Not sure about the porter cable … from what I see it’s fairly plain looking … I need to get hands on to get a feel for some tools.

A trip to one of the local Rona’s drew a complete blank … they had not a one in stock (except Paslode) and nor have they ever had one. The old fella in charge of the tool section looked at me blankly when I asked to see other ranges of battery (airless) nailers.

“You mean there are others?” He said ….. sigh!!!

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.470 seconds