dcsimg

Aerial video and photography…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Moze
    Dallas, TX

So, I’m going to kind of do this on the side. I’ll be operating as “Skyscape Visual”. Primarily I’m doing it for my wife’s company. She’s in commercial real estate and the aerial photos and videos will work well in their marketing packages. I’m also going to look into offering it to residential realtors in the area.

Still have (and always) will have lots to brush up on, but it will be enjoyable I think.

Attached is a sample high res aerial photo and this is a recent video I put together (click on the ‘gear’ icon and select ‘1080p’ and watch full screen):

Resident Sign Guy

Attachments:

Pretty breathtaking views……..I’m sure it would add a lot to a listing to have this kind of imagery available, instead of the standard shots that you normally see now.

Looks like a great niche you’ve found @Moze and best of luck convincing the residential realtors.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good idea Moze. It will keep you busy that is for sure. For commercial properties it will really help in the presentation and overall view of the site that pictures just can’t do.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

amulder
    Pro
    London, ON

Yup, Real Estate is definitely going to be a huge consumer of this I predict.

Now, most of us want to play Hookie from work on a nice day. But you will be needing those bright, dry, cloudless days for your work. uh-oh.

www.wordsnwood.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Awesome Moze. I can see how aerial photos would be helpful in real estate. I’ve always enjoyed seeing aerial photos from years past and comparing them to what things currently look like.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@moze, I saw home tours that an agent did in the Phoenix area that were done with a drone flying through the house. It was a cool effect to actually fly through he house.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thanks guys, we’ll see how it pans out. If it doesn’t, I guess I have a new toy!

Resident Sign Guy

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think this is definitely one aspect you can try, what about tourism type videos. Or safety checks on tall buildings?

@Moze, that should do really well for real estate, many clients from out of town or overseas, could benefit from this type of viewing.

Fingers crossed, hope it goes well for you and your wife.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Sounds like a great idea to me. Not only do you see the house for sale but also the surrounding things as well. You should do well.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Damn it JIM! What a great idea. I love the fact that you can do it by yourself and you don’t have to drag a bunch of crap out of the truck, like tools, lol.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Do you need FAA certification to use it for commercial purposes?? Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Steve

redwood
    Pro

Great question.

I’ve been looking at a ton of houses recently. It is really amazing at the ton of cra* realtors put out there marketing houses. Not all of course, but some you just have to shake your head and wonder what are they thinking and how do they expect to sell that house with those pictures.

I use google earth wherever I can to check out the neighborhoods and the property. Street view, where available is awesome.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Great question.

I’ve been looking at a ton of houses recently. It is really amazing at the ton of cra* realtors put out there marketing houses. Not all of course, but some you just have to shake your head and wonder what are they thinking and how do they expect to sell that house with those pictures.

I use google earth wherever I can to check out the neighborhoods and the property. Street view, where available is awesome.

Right ! When my son was in the market to buy he was always sending me links to check. Google street view is a great tool not only to see the hood but also gives a better perspective on the house/property… much more so than some realtor stills.

redwood
    Pro

I’m 3 hours away from the properties I’m looking at. Street View allows me to walk down the street. It won’t happen without Moze’s help, but it would be great to take that drone inside the home and look around.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Well, logo is done, site is up ( http://www.SkyscapeVisual.com ) and business cards are on their way. We’ll see how this goes.

Resident Sign Guy

Attachments:
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh man I love this idea, I wish I knew more about those drones. I guess they must be fairly easy to fly? That is compared to an RC copter, Good luck Moze. I think you’ll be successful with this one

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Great idea!
    You can even show a fly-through of the entrance to the neighborhood in the intro and an overhead pan of the surroundings for the security conscious.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Oh man I love this idea, I wish I knew more about those drones. I guess they must be fairly easy to fly? That is compared to an RC copter, Good luck Moze. I think you’ll be successful with this one

They’re easy to keep in the air but it definitely takes practice to create smooth, pleasing videos.

Great idea!
    You can even show a fly-through of the entrance to the neighborhood in the intro and an overhead pan of the surroundings for the security conscious.

Yeah, lots of possibilities.

Resident Sign Guy

redwood
    Pro

Wow, are we allowed to self promote here? JK.

Good luck Moze.

I have a curious question. Have you found anything that interferes with your Drone commands? Either physical or electronically? And I’m not talking about running into things.

Have you tried flying inside building yet Moze?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.672 seconds