dcsimg

Additional Redemption!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Hope you get your redemption on this project. All the best!

BTW – Does look like a lot of work for a little guy like that

The footprint for the addition is 16′-6″x 18′-6″.
    It took that machine close to 13 hours to dig it all out and move the spoils around.

Much better than if they passed out shovels 😉

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Frost is a PITA….just adds time to the set up and clean up every day with the hoarding.
    When we do additions here that don’t include a full basement we have to excavate down to, and tie in to, the existing footing; and then step it up from there. Everything surrounding the home is fill from the original build, and placing footings on that non-bearing fill is a big no-no.
    So the bottom of the footing runs out 4 feet and then steps up a maximum of two feet, and from there it’s a matter of matching your step up heights to where your final elevation is.
    I screwed up my first step away from the house though…it’s best if they are 4′ out to accommodate form panels, but I messed up and ended up being 53″. Now I have to cut an odd filler to throw in there.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Much better than if they passed out shovels ;)

Oh yeah! That would’ve been at least a week of digging and moving spoils around.
    Feel bad for the guys placing the concrete though….it’s all gotta be by wheelbarrow and shovel.
    We have ZERO access for a pump truck and concrete truck without getting a permit to shut down two lanes of traffic.
    The road out in the front of the house is just too busy to even chance it.
    The footings went fine, because the guys were able to just dump over the edge into the forms…but later this week when the walls are done and ready to poor they are going to have to scoop it all in I think.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Wow, that’s sad for the concrete guys alright. Heck of a lot of work for them.

Pat

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Yep…gonna suck for sure.
    But I’ll be in there with them.
    All the guys are green….VERY green, so I’ll be there with them the whole time.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Yep…gonna suck for sure.

Just do smaller loads for the weakest guys lol. Better than cleaning up spilled concrete on the path.

A Working Pro since 2004

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I’m going to tell them that a spilled wheel barrow is a six pack or a case of beer for the crew.
    That’s the way it’s been on every job I’ve been on…gotta keep the tradition alive 😀

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yep…gonna suck for sure.

Are you guys the concrete guys?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Are you guys the concrete guys?

Yep…guess I never clarified that.
    We’ve had laborers on site to do the moving and placing….and I was scooping and finishing on the footings. But I think the walls are going to take all of us.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

No pump truck ???

My back is hurting already for you guys.

Glad to hear you had to step away from the corner cutters. I bet you sleep better at night.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Not a lot of time on site today…had to go finish some flooring and trim from a job earlier last week.
    My helper was only available until 2PM today, so I had him get the footings cleaned up while I shot a few elevations to transfer to the form ply later.
    Then we got to placing the sheets.
    He placed them where they needed to be and then I tacked ’em up.
    When he left I got the plate along the backside just to string ’em together and placed some temporary bracing for the night.
    Re-hoarded the thing and got out of there for today.
    Been dropping below -10°C at night lately, but is supposed to warm up next week…I hope it warms up enough to eliminate the hoarding because it wastes a lot of time at the end of the day.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/42cga75rs98jf28/AAABFx7dh-5mmu74Sn87U2tUa

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Not a lot of time on site today…had to go finish some flooring and trim from a job earlier last week.
    My helper was only available until 2PM today, so I had him get the footings cleaned up while I shot a few elevations to transfer to the form ply later.
    Then we go to placing the sheets.
    He placed them where they needed to be and then I tacked ‘em up.
    When he left I got the plate along the backside just to string ‘em together and placed some temporary bracing for the night.
    Re-hoarded the thing and got out of there for today.
    Been dropping below -10°C at night lately, but is supposed to warm up next week…I hope it warms up enough to eliminate the hoarding because it wastes a lot of time at the end of the day.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/42cga75rs98jf28/AAABFx7dh-5mmu74Sn87U2tUa

Oh yea your way down there in the earth. Did you fine any bones? I can’t believe how deep you have to dig.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@asevereid Thank you for the update. Looks like the project is moving along. Too bad the weather causes extra work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

Sounds like the new job is much better than the last. Keep up the good work and decisions.

@DirtyWhiteBoy
    up here even further we have to go 48″ down to get below the frost line.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

@dirty
    When we dug our foundation we found lots of buffalo bones. Kids had fun digging around.

@asevereid

Why don’t you use ICF. Less hoarding issues and no stripping forms.

And it is warm inside when you are done.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

@dirty
    When we dug our foundation we found lots of buffalo bones. Kids had fun digging around.

@asevereid
    Why don’t you use ICF. Less hoarding issues and no stripping forms.

And it is warm inside when you are done.

Not my show, I’m just the guy putting it together. By time the rental costs on the hoarding are covered it would probably work out to the same value as ICF.
    Would be nice though…never worked with ICF.

@DirtyWhiteBoy
    no bones down there:D
    But there’s a highway project about 10 minutes out of down that has had a full time archeological squad there because they found native bones when they were breaking ground.

Excited to work on this project with you, I appreciate all the knowledge so far.

Excited to work on this project with you, I appreciate all the knowledge so far.

Welcome to bethepro @Thatswhatshesaid

Always willing to learn .

Hope things are heading the right way. Really want this one to be a big plus for you.

Welcome aboard.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.617 seconds