dcsimg

Ace Contractor Center

• This topic has 79 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by RonW.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I was at a store in your area once in an Amish area that did not carry anything with a cord. old wood fired ovens that were still new and things like that. old style tools etc. I wish I could remember where it was and the name, It was very interesting to walk through.

That was probably a little farther south maybe in Walnut Creek. Hartville is a modern type Amish community. I see a lot of Amish guys with cell phones, Nike shoes, and driving SUV’s. Still wearing hats and bonnets though.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was at a store in your area once in an Amish area that did not carry anything with a cord. old wood fired ovens that were still new and things like that. old style tools etc. I wish I could remember where it was and the name, It was very interesting to walk through.

That was probably a little farther south maybe in Walnut Creek. Hartville is a modern type Amish community. I see a lot of Amish guys with cell phones, Nike shoes, and driving SUV’s. Still wearing hats and bonnets though.

What a bunch of kooks!! Just like all the cults.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

What a bunch of kooks!! Just like all the cults.

I don’t see them like that at all. The progressive ones are still very nice biblical people, but they just have accepted the modern conveniences.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I agree with Warren. I will never put the Amish down .
    Most of them are good people and they work hard.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ok then they are not kooks,, I never see them,, only on TV.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok then they are not kooks,, I never see them,, only on TV.

There is no reality in reality television.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There is no reality in reality television.

That is the truth. A few years ago Boyd Codington had a show on about customizing cars. With the amount of drama going on in the show, no way he makes the deadline or turns out any kind of quality work. Oh sure there are always a few disagreements going on in mechanic shop with a bunch of guys working, but nothing like was on the show. It put a few soaps to shame. It was then I realized it was all BS.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Seems to me all they do on the reality shows is fight. I also don’t understand why everything they do has a tight deadline to be done. I wouldn’t want something rushed all the way through. I would much rather watch a good movie. I am excited to watch the new season of Deadliest catch. I have been watching them several years now. I felt like I lost a family member when Capt. Phil passed away. Anyway it starts Tuesday.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

American Chopper was the same way. The father/son arguments were escalated to benefit the show. I saw right through it and became disinterested.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I agree I quit watching it because of that.
    I think everyone got tired of it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

BOT===== Here are some shots of my local Ace hardware store. It’s good size and has a lumber yard.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@roninohio – I hit Hartville Hardware every now and then – I haven’t been there since they built the new store. I have some friends who live in Kent so whenever we stop in to see them I find a reason to take a detour to Hartville.

Dirty, that is a big Ace – it looks bigger than most of the lumberyards in my area…It probably isn’t much smaller than my local HD, I think the entire building is about 90K square feet.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@roninohio – I hit Hartville Hardware every now and then – I haven’t been there since they built the new store. I have some friends who live in Kent so whenever we stop in to see them I find a reason to take a detour to Hartville.

That is a big Ace – it looks bigger than most of the lumberyards in my area…It probably isn’t much smaller than my local HD, I think the entire building is about 90K square feet.

Your post doesn’t seem to go with the quote above it?? roninohio is talking about watching TV??

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice pictures of you Ace Dirty. That is also quite a big place. Amazing how all tropical construction looks the same. I see Ace hardwares in Panama that look very similar in style to the one in Hawaii.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

That is a big Ace – it looks bigger than most of the lumberyards in my area…It probably isn’t much smaller than my local HD, I think the entire building is about 90K square feet.

Your post doesn’t seem to go with the quote above it?? roninohio is talking about watching TV??

OOps…you are right, I meant to quote you.

BOT===== Here are some shots of my local Ace hardware store. It’s good size and has a lumber yard.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Even your lumber yard has a great view.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

The lumber yard I source almost all my material is a DoItBest Lumber Yard. I much rather do business there than at the local HD. Even when I call they recognize my voice, what great service. I do enough business there sometimes it feels like I get priority service.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Nice looking Ace DirtyWhiteBoy . I like the mountain in the background.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Even your lumber yard has a great view.

Nice looking Ace DirtyWhiteBoy . I like the mountain in the background.

The people from here that view is normal but for me, even after 30 years it’s just stunning!!!
    Those are the Koolau Mountains. Not a mountain at all tho. If you are interested…
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko%CA%BBolau_Range
    It’s just mind blowing every time I go over one of the passes through them!!!!
    https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0SO8yuH5ipVrF0AYUZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBzamMyYWR1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVklQNTgyXzE-?p=Koolau+Mountains&fr=moz2-ytff-yff40

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The people from here that view is normal but for me, even after 30 years it’s just stunning!!!

Funny what some people just take for granted. Or get used to and don’t ever take in the beauty.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.508 seconds