dcsimg

Ace Contractor Center

• This topic has 79 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by RonW.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We have a really nice hardware here in Ohio.
    I’m sure it would be worth a drive for Chad or other Ohio guys.
    It is 5 acres under roof! They actually have a whole house built inside the store! Everything used on the house can be bought at the store.
    They carry tons of tools for the woodworkers and service anything they sell. A full lumber dept. Defiantly worth checking out.
    There is also a flea market beside it and the Hartville kitchen is a great place to eat.

http://www.hartvillehardware.com/

http://www.hartvillekitchen.com/

Looking at your link, I realize I have been at that store. Several years ago while doing a project in Akron. It was a pretty cool store.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I wish I had the money I have spent there over the years.
    I’m not sure you was at the new store or not?
    The new store has only been open a year or so.
    Did it have a drive through lumber yard in the basement when you was there?
    This used to be a smaller hardware and restaurant that was started by Amish.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have a really nice hardware here in Ohio.

Man that looks like a huge place. Pretty impressive 5 acres under a roof.

That is impressive, that place is huge. It sounds bigger than our home depot??

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Did it have a drive through lumber yard in the basement when you was there?

Man a drive-in lumber yard in the basement too. The web site mentioned that they have a house built in the store that was built using all the products they have on sale. Bet that is impressive?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

You would really be surprised at the house built in there. Its a full 3 bedroom house! even has a deck! It doesn’t even phase the size of the store.
    Lots of full kitchen displays.
    All brands of woodworking tools. Each brand has its own section.
    The lumber is top notch. You pull in and drive through pick what you want and pay as you exit. I buy a lot of molding there because its such nice quality. Then you have to go next door and eat. The cherry woodwork in the restaurant is very impressive. There is a store next door for the ladies with very nice things. On the other side is a very large flea market. In the summer there are hundreds of vendors there.
    There is a meat market in the flea market (Dumas Meats)that is the best we ever found. They have no preservatives or hormones . Good farm raised beef. The cost is the same as the junk in stores. People line up and have to take a number they get so busy.
    Can you tell I like the place????? ha ha

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You would really be surprised at the house built in there. Its a full 3 bedroom house! even has a deck! It doesn’t even phase the size of the store.
    Lots of full kitchen displays.
    All brands of woodworking tools. Each brand has its own section.
    The lumber is top notch. You pull in and drive through pick what you want and pay as you exit. I buy a lot of molding there because its such nice quality. Then you have to go next door and eat. The cherry woodwork in the restaurant is very impressive. There is a store next door for the ladies with very nice things. On the other side is a very large flea market. In the summer there are hundreds of vendors there.
    There is a meat market in the flea market (Dumas Meats)that is the best we ever found. They have no preservatives or hormones . Good farm raised beef. The cost is the same as the junk in stores. People line up and have to take a number they get so busy.
    Can you tell I like the place????? ha ha

Yes and you’re making me like it too. We need more pics on this place. Is it a Ace store?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ron, the more I read about it the more I like it too. Sounds fantastic.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

They actually started out as True Value Hardware. They catered to the woodworker. I had a custom woodworking shop and this store was like a candy store for me. Once or twice a year they have a huge tool sale. A lot of tool reps show up and demonstrate.
    Most everything you find here is very good quality stuff. They have a huge Carhartt section, A section with canning and kitchen utensils .
    In the summer they have lots of gardening and plants. Oh forgot to mention they are a John Deer dealer.
    They need to give me a commission for saying all this! ha ha
    Really …….. it’s worth a trip to see.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

It is pretty incredible. Set up more for finish guys than it is for framer types. The tool shows are nice, but they do get crowded.

Attachments:
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

For the guys that make pens, I noticed a whole section of pen blanks.
    They had some beautiful stuff and I though very reasonable price.
    Looked like everything you needed for pen making.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Hope no one gets mad for a double post.
    Here are some pictures that show the house that’s in the hardware.
    Gives you some idea of the size.

redwood
    Pro

For some reason, looking at the overhead view and the parking lot, it doesn’t look much bigger then a large HD. That is unless you include all the buildings that surround the main building.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

It is much bigger than HD .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hope no one gets mad for a double post.

Definitely an impressive store. Don’t have anything like that around here.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Our Aces have good size lumber yards. The one in Kaneohe is great on sales, got my track saw there for 340$ with 55″ track.

Didn’t you buy your track saw from Yamashiro’s? Didn’t know they were an Ace Hardware store.

It is hard to tell at times.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For some reason, looking at the overhead view and the parking lot, it doesn’t look much bigger then a large HD. That is unless you include all the buildings that surround the main building.

RedWood you must have a large HD like we do. The main building is no bigger than our HD. It’s all the outside buildings that really make it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They actually started out as True Value Hardware.

Are they a Ace store now?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That place is amazing. I’ll have to plan a side trip if traveling through the area.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

They have a website for Hartville Hardware, but it isn’t very impressive. They are pretty old school there, as it is a very Amish community. Lots of other cool stores down that way also.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I was at a store in your area once in an Amish area that did not carry anything with a cord. old wood fired ovens that were still new and things like that. old style tools etc. I wish I could remember where it was and the name, It was very interesting to walk through.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.522 seconds