dcsimg

Ace Contractor Center

• This topic has 79 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by RonW.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

We got one here in town. It is a typical Ace Hardware but they carry some lumber and you can order some doors and windows. I have only been there a couple of times since they just opened a month ago. Anybody else see a Ace like that. Around here some of the lumber yards are also Do It Best stores and handle some hardware that way.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Not around here as far as I know. We have Ace, but not like that.

No Ace lumber yard by me . Just a hardware store .

Always willing to learn .

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

We have Ace, Tru Value, and Do It Best around here. One of the Do It Best stores is pretty big – they have lumber, drywall, some shingles, tool and equipment rental, etc.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I don’t think that chain is up in the north here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Isn’t Ace like a franchise thing? The ones around here are mostly independently owned, and several are lumber yards.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

We have Ace, Tru Value, and Do It Best around here. One of the Do It Best stores is pretty big – they have lumber, drywall, some shingles, tool and equipment rental, etc.

We have the same ones here.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Isn’t Ace like a franchise thing? The ones around here are mostly independently owned, and several are lumber yards.

Yeah, Ace is a franchise – all the ones around here are independently owned – same with the Tru-Values and the Do It Best stores. We also have a couple hardware stores that are not affiliated with any franchise, they are all the smaller mom and pop places that have been around for a long time.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Our Ace doesn’t have all that but it is an awesome store! The owner knows most regulars by first name. He will bend over bacwards to help. We buy from there when we can.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

We have a lot of Ace Hardwares out here and they are all pretty radically different, which substantiates the franchise tag.

I’ve never heard of “Do it Best” Stores.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

I passed a Do It Best someplace in the state here recently. Some of the building supplies are ServiStar.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Our Aces have good size lumber yards. The one in Kaneohe is great on sales, got my track saw there for 340$ with 55″ track.

Our Aces have good size lumber yards. The one in Kaneohe is great on sales, got my track saw there for 340$ with 55″ track.

Didn’t you buy your track saw from Yamashiro’s? Didn’t know they were an Ace Hardware store.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Didn’t you buy your track saw from Yamashiro’s? Didn’t know they were an Ace Hardware store.

Yup they are, have been for a long time.
    http://www.acehardware.com/mystore/storeLocator.jsp#96826|30

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow never seen an Ace Hardware with a lumberyard. Our local Ace is family owned in this little town about 2 miles away. Really nice people that I like to do business with.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I pass an Ace almost everyday. I think I have been in there twice. Mostly a homeowner type store.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I pass an Ace almost everyday. I think I have been in there twice. Mostly a homeowner type store.

I have two near me that definitely don’t care to have my business. If the cashier can’t bother to look up from her phone when I walk in, it’s obvious they don’t care. I’d say they are both low end suppliers at best.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

The Ace Hardware store in my community is nothing to write about. Pretty mediocre for a town of 100,000. Where my cabin is in a sparsely populated area, it is 3-4 times the size and has some lumber. A function of competing against the big box stores I would suspect. Lowes and Menards down the street here at home and no big box store where the cabin is.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Just hardware at our Ace store. I will say they do their best to help you when you stop in.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I passed a Do It Best someplace in the state here recently. Some of the building supplies are ServiStar.

There used to be some ServiStar’s around here but I don’t any of them are still open.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.703 seconds