dcsimg

? about Keen boots

This topic contains 38 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  NJBuilder 4 years ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I’ve been thinking about a pair of the Keen boots. I have a difficult time with boots because not all manufactures make my size and the ones that do only make certain styles. I wore Red Wings for a long time they changed something and their boots didn’t fit right any more. Then I searched around and found some Georgia boots I liked and then they changed. Most recently I found a pair of Carolina boots that fit right; well it is getting close to needing a pair of new boots and guess what? The Carolina boots have changed and don’t fit right now. I am leery about ordering a pair of boots without trying them on but I might give it a shot.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Same here – I have picky feet. Tried on about 50 pairs of boots in Sears and settled on some Timberlands. They’re comfortable but man they’re heavy.

I have some Georgia’s that have been through the wringer but they’re really comfortable as well.

So are these off the list?

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/men/outdoor/targhee%20ii%20mid/tan!brown

Those are my preferred Keen’s – only in a shoe. The Targhee’s are super comfortable. Big roomy toe box, nice flex, great for hiking.

Resident Sign Guy

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Same here – I have picky feet. Tried on about 50 pairs of boots in Sears and settled on some Timberlands. They’re comfortable but man they’re heavy.

I have some Georgia’s that have been through the wringer but they’re really comfortable as well.

So are these off the list?

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/men/outdoor/targhee%20ii%20mid/tan!brown

Those are my preferred Keen’s – only in a shoe. The Targhee’s are super comfortable. Big roomy toe box, nice flex, great for hiking.

I have picky feet and they are a size 15&1/2 EEE – not always the easiest to find, especially in work boots.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I’ve been thinking about a pair of the Keen boots. I have a difficult time with boots because not all manufactures make my size and the ones that do only make certain styles. I wore Red Wings for a long time they changed something and their boots didn’t fit right any more. Then I searched around and found some Georgia boots I liked and then they changed. Most recently I found a pair of Carolina boots that fit right; well it is getting close to needing a pair of new boots and guess what? The Carolina boots have changed and don’t fit right now. I am leery about ordering a pair of boots without trying them on but I might give it a shot.

I wore nothing but Carolinas when I was a steelworker. Some times I tried on 3 – 4 pairs of the same size till I found a left and right I was happy with.

KEEN_UTILITY
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Several of you asked questions about sizing and fit. Our boots fit true to size. However should you purchase a pair of boots that just don’t feel quite right we would be happy to work with you to make sure you find a style that fits! Our customer service staff is here to help: 1.866.676.KEEN (5336)

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Welcome @keen_utility – it’s great to have you hear to answer questions. I’m planning on getting myself a pair in the near future.

KEEN_UTILITY
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

That’s awesome! Let us know if you every have any questions- we’re here to help!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Great to hear from you @keen_utility. I love my Keens. I have worn the tennis shoes for years . I have had several pair and even a couple pair of the sandals. Never a boot but I am looking forward to trying them. For me, I am most comfortable in a 12 and that is what I usually buy, but in most other shoes I have worn an 11.

I always try on shoes and don’t order online, unless i know the shoe. I would order Keens in a 12 just because I have had so many.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You know I’ve said it before, if you’re not using points for the Keen boots Zappos is a great way to buy them with shipping both ways free. They ship to you for free and if they don’t fit you ship them back for free. They even do that with me here in Hawaii.
    Say if you’re not sure what size you need you can buy 2 pair say 11&11½ and keep the ones that fit and send the other ones back. The money goes back on your CC.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

My wife buys a lot of stuff through Zappos, their prices are close to what you would pay else ware, but they have a much better selection of sizes in stock. lot of items are here next day even without paying expedited shipping

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’ve been checking out some of their work shoes for the summer. Boots and shorts seems silly

I’ve been checking out some of their work shoes for the summer. Boots and shorts seems silly

Yes, but they do make work shoes as well (with or without steel toes) that are quite comfortable as well…

John S

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

You know I’ve said it before, if you’re not using points for the Keen boots Zappos is a great way to buy them with shipping both ways free. They ship to you for free and if they don’t fit you ship them back for free. They even do that with me here in Hawaii.<br>
    Say if you’re not sure what size you need you can buy 2 pair say 11&11½ and keep the ones that fit and send the other ones back. The money goes back on your CC.

That is a great idea. I’ve done it several times. My sister uses it to shop for her kids shoes instead of going into the store with the kids

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

@njbuilder , the hiker style boots are fine with shorts, depending on what type of work your doing i find shoes more uncomfortable because they can cause shin splints do to the extra weight of the toe plate.. not having the extra ankle support of a boot places all the weight on the tendons in the foot and shins t

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Keen make a full line of shoes and boots. What I really like is they make very wide shoes and boots for us guys with Luau feet.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Boots and shorts seems silly

Why is that? We do it all the time. Too hot for long pants.

Dirty

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I also do the shorts and hiking boots in the summer most of the time. Once and awhile I wear tennis shoes. I just like the grip on the bottom of my boots for climbing ladders and roofs. I have a pair of Keen hiking boots and sandals..They are comfortable and dependable.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Boots and shorts seems silly

Why is that? We do it all the time. Too hot for long pants.

Just don’t like the idea of high boots with shorts. I rather shoes if I’m going to wear shorts. I have yet to wear shorts to work however.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.868 seconds