dcsimg

A Winter Custom

This topic contains 98 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  JimDaddyO 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • Author

In the last pic you can see the dark cloud on the right. That cloud ended up being a snow squall with white out conditions. It dropped approx. 4″ of snow in 35 minutes. So after getting the plates all blown off. It is time to continue the set.

Now we are moving along.

So here i am playing in my office about 26′ above the subfloor. Nailing down the purlins and getting ready to put up the piggybacks.

Well putting up the piggyback trusses is a slow process. The whole roof so far has been a slow process but what can you do.

And framing has begun. There are a few areas to frame in on this roof. Hoping to have everything framed and sheet ready by tomorrow night. We lost today to rain. Again!

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Looks like you got a nice steep one there Joe. What pitch is that steep part? Looks to be about 16/12.

Looks like you got a nice steep one there Joe. What pitch is that steep part? Looks to be about 16/12.

It’s a dual pitch 12 and 13

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well putting up the piggyback trusses is a slow process. The whole roof so far has been a slow process but what can you do.

Wow no wonder it is going slow, it looks like a complicated roof.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Looks like a busy roof, the weather should be cooperating for the next couple of days.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Can’t tell that from here. Looks to me ya’ll are wasting no time with this one.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

So here i am playing in my office about 26′ above the subfloor. Nailing down the purlins and getting ready to put up the piggybacks.

Great job on this build,
    You guys are sure earning your money dealing with the weather,
    Great thread, and super work you guys have been doing.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Now we are moving along.

I like that you use the Typ. stand em up blocks, I never knew why some put a 1×4 or 2×4 on top?? Do you have a lift on the site?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

It’s a dual pitch 12 and 13

Been so long since I have been on a steep one that yours seemed steeper. The last two roughs we have done have been 8/12 or less. Gonna be really scary when we finally get back on a monster pitch.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Thanks for sharing the photos of progress so far. Yup you are earning your money.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It is so funny that in the pic’s don’t look so tall.

They look a good 10 to 12 feet to me.. With the toppers on it’s way up there.
    When we have biggy backs here and that’s not often, they make us H2.5 the purlins to the bottom trusses and then H2.5 the top trusses to the purlins.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

That is a lot of roof. Good progress though. I am not jealous of having to work up high, or in the cold.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

OK sorry for slacking on updates it has been a hell of a week

Yep because everyone needs a dual pitch 24′ hip overlay in the back of their house

just a close up of “crows foot rafters”

Over frame valley framing

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.932 seconds