dcsimg

A Winter Custom

This topic contains 98 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  JimDaddyO 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author

Looking forward to seeing the progress shots .I did a lot of winter framing myself and I certainly don’t miss it .:-)

LOL it can be a pain for sure. Where about’s are you located?

Looking forward to seeing the progress shots .I did a lot of winter framing myself and I certainly don’t miss it .:-)

It’s character building lol

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am located 2 hours west of Toronto Canada near Goderich . Lake Huron . right in a snow belt area .

I am located 2 hours west of Toronto Canada near Goderich . Lake Huron . right in a snow belt area .

Nice i know the area, i almost went out to kettle point this passed weekend to check on my trailer. It gets kind of gnarly out your way.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Follow me on this not so fun start to a custom home.

Looks cold to me. Following though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

We may be starting one in a couple weeks as well. While Ohio is not Canada, it can still get plenty nasty here.

Appreciate it, it has been a nasty week.

We may be starting one in a couple weeks as well. While Ohio is not Canada, it can still get plenty nasty here.

I am sure it is just as bad Warren. Is your project a big one?

It has been a beat down all week. The weather was just not cooperating. Still had all the walls up in 2 day’s and it was just rough. 80km wind’s, horizontal snow, and white outs. Had to put trusses off until next week.The pic quality isn’t the greatest but it was the calmest part of the day.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I have to say I would probably be an insurance salesman before I’d frame in that! Looks miserable! Lol!

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Still had all the walls up in 2 day’s and it was just rough. 80km wind’s, horizontal snow, and white outs.

You sir, are a rock star. That is some serious bad weather to frame in.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Appreciate it, it has been a nasty week.

I am sure it is just as bad Warren. Is your project a big one?

Sadly, no. This one would be a 2900 ft ranch. Should know in the next couple of days if we are chosen. I will likely skip any days that are not at least 10 degrees F.

I have to say I would probably be an insurance salesman before I’d frame in that! Looks miserable! Lol!

It isn’t even the worst yet. February is usually well OMG! lol.

Still had all the walls up in 2 day’s and it was just rough. 80km wind’s, horizontal snow, and white outs.

You sir, are a rock star. That is some serious bad weather to frame in.

It definately not a fun thing. The wind was so bad we had to put the forklift up with a lift of 16ft 2×6 to stop the wall when we lift it.

Notify me of follow-up replies via email

Warren, i hope you get it man. I’ve always enjoyed looking at your work in the past (ct days). As far as the 10 degree thing lol We haven’t been anywhere near that since we started. This has been an unusual winter so far. Usually when it is this cold, it is just cold. This year we are getting the extreme cold with the snow at the same time which is making a typical winter day and making it a frozen hell.

Sorry fella’s didn’t realize the pic didn’t upload.

Joe we’re is the camp fire to keep warm on snowie windy blowing says . Do you a have job fences up on your sites to keep job safe a things from blowing all over .

Always willing to learn .

Joe we’re is the camp fire to keep warm on snowie windy blowing says . Do you a have job fences up on your sites to keep job safe a things from blowing all over .

Not aloud to have fires it is against the lol. No fence,we have a extremely clean site. I am pretty anal about it. Especially this time of year.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It isn’t even the worst yet. February is usually well OMG! lol.

Loks cold just looking at the picture. Definitely have to keep moving to stay warm. Good idea with the 10° limit.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I admire what you are doing Joe.
    I’m just on the fringe of TO and we do not see the snow like you do just an hour away. It has been dam cold these past few days and like you say, the worst has yet to come. Feb tends to be the coldest/worst for winter weather.
    Stay warm.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I look forward to following this journey. I have worked few winters outdoors in Canada. But I never built a house. Need may layers on forsure.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Well, it has been crazy weather. Up and down like a yo-yo. Sorry so slow with the updated pics.

Started to finally get trusses up on Tuesday after being rained out on monday

It is so funny that in the pic’s don’t look so tall.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.533 seconds