dcsimg

A Winter Custom

This topic contains 98 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  JimDaddyO 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • Author

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

we just set the sil tight to the foiundatoin and shim as required.. any voids are filled with spray foam or if the floor isnt sitting directly on it we stick frame with the laser

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Great shots, can’t wait to see the rest of it. Would be awesome to see a timelapse video of the winter building.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

we just set the sil tight to the foiundatoin and shim as required.. any voids are filled with spray foam or if the floor isnt sitting directly on it we stick frame with the laser

Are you shipping bigger gaps with steel plates? Something about straight up wood shims 4 plates bothers me. I know people do it just bugs me

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

At what temp conditions would you guys work down to Joe?

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

From what I know as long as the guns don’t freeze he is framing homes . Few weeks back he shoveled off his roof to finish it .

Always willing to learn .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Are you shipping bigger gaps with steel plates? Something about straight up wood shims 4 plates bothers me. I know people do it just bugs me

this is only for minor gaps .. most of the foundations i frame on top of are icf which we do ourself. we actually set a elevation for the concrete to finish to or even cut the top course of block off at a level line. any variations are wihtin 1/4″

monman1
    Pro

Good to see you back Joe! Hope you keep posting, you only need 100k more points for another Bosch worm drive saw. I saw these on your instagram page, nice work as always!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

too much room for a lot of compression.

We don’t generally shut down for the cold itself but if it is blowing like crazy i can’t stand that. We will work in -40 but at that rate I just have to make the judgment call on if it would productive or not.

From what I know as long as the guns don’t freeze he is framing homes . Few weeks back he shoveled off his roof to finish it .
    HAHA true story lol.

Good to see you back Joe! Hope you keep posting, you only need 100k more points for another Bosch worm drive saw. I saw these on your instagram page, nice work as always!

Thanks man, appreciate. I am going to try to be more active. Only 100k huh lol. Some how i think that might take me a life time lol.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

We don’t generally shut down for the cold itself but if it is blowing like crazy i can’t stand that. We will work in -40 but at that rate I just have to make the judgment call on if it would productive or not.

That is cold to work in man. Whereabouts are you in our great white north Joe if you don’t mind me asking?

The wind is the killer. It’ll just suck the heat right out of me.

Do any of you and your crew use battery heated gloves? If you do, I’m looking for a good pair, but it’s hard to judge what is good or bad on the internet. Know of any good brands?

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Looks like it will be a nice sized house,
    Not much to stop that wind from blowing, you look like it’s in the open, new development?
    Nice pictures, and pretty good progress despite the weather.

That is cold to work in man. Whereabouts are you in our great white north Joe if you don’t mind me asking?

Do any of you and your crew use battery heated gloves? If you do, I’m looking for a good pair, but it’s hard to judge what is good or bad on the internet. Know of any good brands?

No sorry we just use regular white cotton gloves with grip dots. If you keep your core warm your hand’s shouldn’t be that far behind.

Not much to stop that wind from blowing, you look like it’s in the open, new development?

It is pretty open out there. These home’s are on estate lot’s. This is just a bungalow with just over 6200sqft including finish basement area.

Sorry, I missed that question. I am in southwest Ontario near close too Kitchener

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

No sorry we just use regular white cotton gloves with grip dots. If you keep your core warm your hand’s shouldn’t be that far behind.

It is pretty open out there. These home’s are on estate lot’s. This is just a bungalow with just over 6200sqft including finish basement area.

That’s terrible, how could anyone live in such a small home lol,
    Just kidding, it’s huge.
    Hopefully you can get some more pictures when it is in the finishing stages.

That’s terrible, how could anyone live in such a small home lol,
    Just kidding, it’s huge.
    Hopefully you can get some more pictures when it is in the finishing stages.

I will definitely try. It is really hard for me to get back to these house’s once i am gone.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

your never back on the same street to frame another one say 4 months later?

your never back on the same street to frame another one say 4 months later?

Yes we will be mostly only this site this year. So I’ll try to keep the pic’s coming

Sorry, I missed that question. I am in southwest Ontario near close too Kitchener

Close enough to be considered a neighbour. I get lost getting anywhere in K-W….lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Looking forward to seeing the progress shots .I did a lot of winter framing myself and I certainly don’t miss it .:-)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.976 seconds